South Park Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on Comedy CentralIn Season

The Plane'arium - General South Park Discussion

JBrick2334

[61]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 12

well i just got some bad news, it turns out that the day before the new south park is on i have to take the ACTS and then the next day i have to take the PAWS, which if you arent familier with, takes almost a whole week to complete, i just hope all the stress that is about to hit me doesnt take away from the season premier

oh and as a side note i would like to say that i am done trying to take care of duplicate threads for awhile, there are people more qualified and plus i always feel like an A-Hole giving people "the speech" as it has come to be known. lol

Edited on 03/04/2008 4:54pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

s1bbald

[62]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 22
    That's fine. I'll do it, I have no concerns about what they think of me. *locks and loads*

JBrick2334

[63]Mar 4, 2008
    thanks man, i'm still trying to be cool with everyone and earn a little respect, you on the other hand already have it, so be my guest to take it over

RoboAmish

[64]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 18

You don't need to try so hard dude! We can already tell you're a cool guy and as long as you don't make nonsensical or spammy posts with retarded grammar or make sh!t threads, you'll be just fine.

bald is respected because he stuck with these boards during the Noob Plague of 07. Hard times for us all. plus a flashy comeback really helped his cause too

Edited on 03/04/2008 5:36pm

s1bbald

[65]Mar 4, 2008
    I liked all of that, except for 'bald'.

RoboAmish

[66]Mar 4, 2008
    well give me a shortened version of your username. Typing s1bbald all the time gives me cramp

Tweekfan323

[67]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 42
    JBrick2334 wrote:

well i just got some bad news, it turns out that the day before the new south park is on i have to take the ACTS and then the next day i have to take the PAWS, which if you arent familier with, takes almost a whole week to complete, i just hope all the stress that is about to hit me doesnt take away from the season premier

oh and as a side note i would like to say that i am done trying to take care of duplicate threads for awhile, there are people more qualified and plus i always feel like an A-Hole giving people "the speech" as it has come to be known. lol

lol yea like Robo/Mark said, theres no need to try hard, I think most of us already accept you as a regular even if you aren't the most senior member here. (I think thats drew by a long shot )

drewshack

[68]Mar 4, 2008
    • level: 47
    Tweekfan323 wrote:
    JBrick2334 wrote:

lol yea like Robo/Mark said, theres no need to try hard, I think most of us already accept you as a regular even if you aren't the most senior member here. (I think thats drew by a long shot )

Yeah, and believe you me, I get the "Locking Doldrums" pretty bad. It's just depressing to have to lock so many threads with some C&P/insulting response(moreso when it's a repeat offender for the demeaning) But again, you can only do SO much. I mean we had a favorites thread. It was never used...although new "Favorite" threads didn't seem to crop up that often.

Also, we're lucky this only started one week before the new season, usually it starts about 2 weeks out.

s1bbald

[69]Mar 5, 2008
    RoboAmish wrote:
    well give me a shortened version of your username. Typing s1bbald all the time gives me cramp
    Alex would do fine. We don't really have the persistent noobs that we had last year. They make 2 or 3 irrelevant threads and leave. I agree with every before me too JBrick, be yourself, don't be afraid to share your opinion and no-one really has to give the speech, it's more of a helpful thing rather than a neccessary thing.

JBrick2334

[70]Mar 5, 2008
    So I was watching Spontaneous Combustion and noticed that randy won a nobel prize, but in More Crap Stan says that his dad hasnt ever won anything. I guess I really dont care but its funny just how much matt and trey disregard continuity.

RoboAmish

[71]Mar 5, 2008
    yea. The best bit is how they change people's second names (Jimmy springs to mind)

s1bbald

[72]Mar 5, 2008
    JBrick2334 wrote:
    So I was watching Spontaneous Combustion and noticed that randy won a nobel prize, but in More Crap Stan says that his dad hasnt ever won anything. I guess I really dont care but its funny just how much matt and trey disregard continuity.
    And he won the nobel prize for that farting theory, so it only seemed instinctive to go after world's biggest crap from there.

JBrick2334

[73]Mar 5, 2008
    lol, Have you guys seen that oceanic guy, he really has it out for me for no reason other then i am trying to "silence" him. i guess you cant be friends with everybody. So we are now just one week away from the season premeir, what do you all think the chances of it dissapointing us are?

simpsonzfreak13

[74]Mar 5, 2008
    • level: 17

JBrick2334 wrote:
    lol, Have you guys seen that oceanic guy, he really has it out for me for no reason other then i am trying to "silence" him. i guess you cant be friends with everybody. So we are now just one week away from the season premeir, what do you all think the chances of it dissapointing us are?
    '

Highly unlikely. I'm pretty sure 6 months was ample enough time to find some excellent material. Plus a lot of crazy stuff has happened since The List not to mention this is an election year (for the US).

By the way, what's this n00b plague of 07? I must have been gone too long or are you referring to darkkenny and his ilk?

JBrick2334

[75]Mar 5, 2008
    Thats very true, but who knows they may have just been screwing around for the past 5 and a half months, lol, but i doubt that very seriously. I mean with The List they really set the bar high for this season, with all that foreshadowing i really hope they follow through and deliver another terrific season.

RoboAmish

[76]Mar 5, 2008
    simpsonzfreak13 wrote:

JBrick2334 wrote:
    '

Highly unlikely. I'm pretty sure 6 months was ample enough time to find some excellent material. Plus a lot of crazy stuff has happened since The List not to mention this is an election year (for the US).

By the way, what's this n00b plague of 07? I must have been gone too long or are you referring to darkkenny and his ilk?

yeah man pretty much those terrible dark days when darkkenny ran rampant around here.

I doubt they'll do anything about the election, seeing as they've already done Hillary in "The Snuke". The one "BIG" thing I hope they wouldn't parody is Heath Ledger's death but everything's fair gain for humour in the show I guess and I never complained the Steve Irwin jokes were flying so we'll see

oh, and it's good to have you back too dude

JBrick2334

[77]Mar 5, 2008
    I completely second that dude, heath ledger shouldn't be made into a joke, what happened to him was a real tragedy, and the steve irwin joke was also one of the only times i have been disappointed in matt and trey. However, if they were to somehow honor his memory it would be a very nice thing to see, I mean they joke about everything so much that it seems like they dont have much compassion or respect for anything and it would nice to see them actually show some sympathy for heath and his family.

s1bbald

[78]Mar 5, 2008
    RoboAmish wrote:
    simpsonzfreak13 wrote:

JBrick2334 wrote:
    '

yeah man pretty much those terrible dark days when darkkenny ran rampant around here.

I doubt they'll do anything about the election, seeing as they've already done Hillary in "The Snuke". The one "BIG" thing I hope they wouldn't parody is Heath Ledger's death but everything's fair gain for humour in the show I guess and I never complained the Steve Irwin jokes were flying so we'll see

oh, and it's good to have you back too dude
    I don't really remember much of a plague back then. Oceanic6 and tvthemes at the moment are the worst I've ever really seen. Darkkenny was really much of a noob, he knew and obeyed the rules, just didn't offer much insight.

RoboAmish

[79]Mar 6, 2008
    hmm... I'm just exagerating. There's always crap to contend with around here but at least the place is kept in check by good members and an active and (fairly) competent editor (kidding Drew)
    I mean compare this place to say, the Prison Break forum. It's a complete shambles right now

drewshack

[80]Mar 6, 2008
    • level: 47

RoboAmish wrote:
    hmm... I'm just exagerating. There's always crap to contend with around here but at least the place is kept in check by good members and an active and (fairly) competent editor (kidding Drew) I mean compare this place to say, the Prison Break forum. It's a complete shambles right now
    Do NOT even mention the Prison Break guide in my presence. I got into a bit of a battle with the staff over the episode recaps because of all that cutesy language, acronyms, stupid pet names, and general opinions throughout that sickened me. I wrote the staff a PM that said "uh, isn't this supposed to be a professional operation?" and the response was "if you don't like the current ones, feel free to rewrite them" Which is great...except for the fact each new one gets the same damnable treatment. Case in point:

"Newbie returns to his cell and offers B*tchmaster $100 a month. B*tchmaster says that's real nice of him, but Newbie has only one thing he's interested in. B*tchmaster hangs a sheet. Newbie cries."

It reads like the Very Secret Diaries of LOTR(dunno if anyone ever read those, but they were HYSTERICAL) whereas this is just sad due to its complete lack of professionalism for the site.

And yeah...their forum's a mess right now.

Edited on 03/06/2008 12:03pm