TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

South Park Forums

Wednesday 10:00 PM on Comedy CentralIn Season

The Plane'arium - General South Park Discussion

s1bbald

[81]Mar 6, 2008
    • level: 22
    I was considering going there more often, but every single post thread is basically, "ZOMG!!! Sara Isnt ded!!!"
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JBrick2334

[82]Mar 6, 2008
    • level: 12
    drewshack wrote:

RoboAmish wrote:
    hmm... I'm just exagerating. There's always crap to contend with around here but at least the place is kept in check by good members and an active and (fairly) competent editor (kidding Drew) I mean compare this place to say, the Prison Break forum. It's a complete shambles right now
    Do NOT even mention the Prison Break guide in my presence. I got into a bit of a battle with the staff over the episode recaps because of all that cutesy language, acronyms, stupid pet names, and general opinions throughout that sickened me. I wrote the staff a PM that said "uh, isn't this supposed to be a professional operation?" and the response was "if you don't like the current ones, feel free to rewrite them" Which is great...except for the fact each new one gets the same damnable treatment. Case in point:

"Newbie returns to his cell and offers B*tchmaster $100 a month. B*tchmaster says that's real nice of him, but Newbie has only one thing he's interested in. B*tchmaster hangs a sheet. Newbie cries."

It reads like the Very Secret Diaries of LOTR(dunno if anyone ever read those, but they were HYSTERICAL) whereas this is just sad due to its complete lack of professionalism for the site.

And yeah...their forum's a mess right now.

LMAO, that is hilarious dude, b*itchmaster really got me laughing, i'm starting to think i should branch out to more forums other then this one, family guy, the office, and futurama

also i have a question, since i became a member during the break and dont know what its like during the sesason how is this forum gonna change come wednesday and beyond?

Edited on 03/06/2008 7:08pm
    Edited 2 total times.

s1bbald

[83]Mar 7, 2008
    JBrick2334 wrote:
    drewshack wrote:

RoboAmish wrote:
    hmm... I'm just exagerating. There's always crap to contend with around here but at least the place is kept in check by good members and an active and (fairly) competent editor (kidding Drew) I mean compare this place to say, the Prison Break forum. It's a complete shambles right now
    Do NOT even mention the Prison Break guide in my presence. I got into a bit of a battle with the staff over the episode recaps because of all that cutesy language, acronyms, stupid pet names, and general opinions throughout that sickened me. I wrote the staff a PM that said "uh, isn't this supposed to be a professional operation?" and the response was "if you don't like the current ones, feel free to rewrite them" Which is great...except for the fact each new one gets the same damnable treatment. Case in point:

"Newbie returns to his cell and offers B*tchmaster $100 a month. B*tchmaster says that's real nice of him, but Newbie has only one thing he's interested in. B*tchmaster hangs a sheet. Newbie cries."

It reads like the Very Secret Diaries of LOTR(dunno if anyone ever read those, but they were HYSTERICAL) whereas this is just sad due to its complete lack of professionalism for the site.

And yeah...their forum's a mess right now.

LMAO, that is hilarious dude, b*itchmaster really got me laughing, i'm starting to think i should branch out to more forums other then this one, family guy, the office, and futurama

also i have a question, since i became a member during the break and dont know what its like during the sesason how is this forum gonna change come wednesday and beyond?

Uhh..there will be a few threads around like "What duz this part of "Episode Title here" mean?" or "Where can I find the song from "Episode Title"?" the place will get a little busier and when the run ends you'll get a lot of threads like, "ZOMG!! I was just getting into South Park and now it's gone again!!"

Prison Break Guide wrote:
    Colombia. Sparky and PapaSparky arrive at a welcome home party with, like every single person Sparky has ever met in his life. Or he's got one hell of a large family. Boy, PapaSparky sure is a multitasker, isn't he? Not only did he aid in the Great Escape 2.0, even filling in for an absent Sucre, but he also managed to arrange this ginormous get-together for his fugitive son.
    I get what you're saying, this is pretty terrible. Sparky is McGrady by the way. Man, give me a reason to go back to the Prison Break forum at the moment, apart from avi01's funny pictures.

Edited on 03/07/2008 3:44am

RoboAmish

[84]Mar 7, 2008
    • level: 18

because you'll feel like a big man bashing all the trolls

well I do anyway

Edited on 03/07/2008 6:45am

s1bbald

[85]Mar 7, 2008
    Eh, I guess. But I do enough of that here.

drewshack

[86]Mar 8, 2008
    • level: 47

Found this article while browsing the news this morning:

"South Park": The Cultural Criticism of Our Day

4 Days and counting. Still no new ep info.

dizaster45

[87]Mar 8, 2008
    • level: 7
    Very interesting,good find

RoboAmish

[88]Mar 8, 2008
    I read all of it, what's my prize?

JBrick2334

[89]Mar 8, 2008
    That was a very good article, it didn't tell me anything I didnt already know but hopefully it will encourage other people to give the show a chance and will show some of the people who hate South Park what the show is really all about.

s1bbald

[90]Mar 8, 2008
    RoboAmish wrote:
    I read all of it, what's my prize?
    One, count it, one, high five. High Five!

JBrick2334

[91]Mar 9, 2008
    man oh man this forum has gotten really busy in the past two days, I can hardly keep up

s1bbald

[92]Mar 9, 2008
    I don't think it's quite reached the awesomeness it reached last year.

RoboAmish

[93]Mar 9, 2008
    ah, I wonder what it was like in those days... in those days... in those days...

flashback failed. Maybe we do need a reminisance thread. still, I'm so excited! It's like Christmas all over again

JBrick2334

[94]Mar 9, 2008

yeah tell me about it, except its christmas with standardized testing instead of presents

so how many episode detail threads do you think will pop up in the hour following the release of plot details

Edited on 03/09/2008 4:40pm

s1bbald

[95]Mar 9, 2008
    Might be one or two, usually it all works out pretty well. It's official, I'm starting to go crazy. On the South Park home page, I saw on the forum posts thing on the side, a thread, Made by Metal-Meatwad (spelling?) called: Official Discussion - Open Sourcing in three ways ... and it already had 7 posts. Excited much?

RoboAmish

[96]Mar 9, 2008
    I'm kinda hoping Drew will get the honour of posting the Offical Episode Discussion for this one personally

s1bbald

[97]Mar 9, 2008
    RoboAmish wrote:
    I'm kinda hoping Drew will get the honour of posting the Offical Episode Discussion for this one personally
    He can always delete the other one and make one of his own.

joemanu

[98]Mar 9, 2008
    • level: 4
    Will there ever be a South Park game where you can run around South Park (Fairplay), that would be cool.

RoboAmish

[99]Mar 9, 2008
    Our honourable editor would not abuse his power like that

I could always chance my arm and try to post it. But I'm guessing about 5 others are going to post the episode discussion at the same time and I'm not the fastest typer in the world

JBrick2334

[100]Mar 9, 2008

go for it bro better you than some overly opinionated noob who will make a biased thread