South Park

Free Hat

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Jul 10, 2002 on Comedy Central

• great

What I liked: Matt and Trey appearing and talking about remaking the first South Park, Ted Koppel asking Tweek difficult questions about why Hat should be let out of prison, the fact that Hat killed babies 'out of self-defense', amongst other things.

Pretty good episode. Not one of their best episodes but it did have a nice plot with some good jokes. B- or so as my final grade, I think is fair
  • It was pretty good.

7.8
    The boys go out to see the new edition of Star Wars: Episode V and during the previews they find out that the movie studios are planning on re-releasing more movies with digitally enhanced effects. In an effort to stop this injustice, they go off to find Steven Spielberg and George Lucas. This episode was alright. It wasn't the best it wasnt the worst. Its not exactly in my top episodes of South Park but I guess its just in the average catergory. It was really funny. Free Hat! Free Hat! It was funny when Tweek was freaking out too. I like him.
  • Not bad!

7.8
    The thing I like about this episode are the parts with Tweek. I think in this episode, he got his second most amount of lines. Without his parts, I think this episode would be quite dull. Anyway, this episode is about the boy's protesting remakes of classic films. But to bring more attention to their cause, on the advertisement for the meeting, free hats are offered. The turnout for the event is huge, but nobody has interest in stopping remakes of movies, everyone is interested in the free hat deal. But they don't really want a free hat, they want to free a man named Hat from jail! An odd storyline, but enjoyable. Worth watching!
  • The boys start their own campaign against movie directors trying to improve the original versions, with surprising consequences.

After watching the Empire Strikes Back at their local cinema, the boys discover that the movie has had several changes, so they decide to form their own club to campaign against directors who want to "improve" them. But the townspeople become consumed with their own campaign to free a convicted baby killer. Tweek really stands out in this episode, especially when he tries to blow up the new Raiders of the Lost Ark film with a bazooka, but chickens out. A very funny episode, with humourous digs at Spielberg and Lucas.