South Park

Goth Kids 3: Dawn of the Posers

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 23, 2013 on Comedy Central

7.4
  • Goth Kids 3 episode.

This episode was fantastic in so many ways. I cant wait to watch it again and catch the jokes I missed. Lots of little things such as the vamp kids gathering where theyre all hissing at the goth kids walking in. And the goth kids goes "Ew, you spit on me Larry". They all know each other which ups the joke. Easily missed. Or when Henriettas mom calls her "Fatty" at the very end of the episode. What makes Goth Kids 3 so fantastic is that it feels like an old South Park episode. The first few seasons that had nothing to do with current events but were more about comedy and randomness. This was a grade A episode. The black goth "adult" was amazing. Poe's ghost being a whiny goth child was incredible and the goth kids themselves are always a treat. Henrietta bitching about abuse while having the sweetest and nicest mother who is compassionate was excellent. The return of Mike, the leader of the vamp kids who constantly uses the phrase "per se" is always funny. The death and despair ringtone was brilliant and an instant classic. The kids cutting themselves to Fall Out Boy was a nice touch. The car ride to the camp was awesome.
  • Goth Kids 3

• Raising the bar on just how bad an episode of South Park can be...

I am a massive South Park fan and have seen every episode, probably multiple times. With that being said, it deeply saddens me to see the current state of South Park. To say it plainly, it is simply not South Park anymore. It is an entirely different show, and unfortunately, this new persona is unoriginal, played out, disgruntled, and simply just not funny! For me to be acknowledging that South Park is not funny and on-the-mark anymore is like realizing that the sky is no longer blue. Well the skies of South Park are certainly and unequivocally not blue anymore -more like a dull, pale grey. Weak.
  • Decent-but NO home run

This episode just goes over the same thing--Goth vs EMO vs Vampire. I thoguht the HOT TOPIC episode (burning it down) as enough. Unless they somehow invloved the BOYS (You know who the BOYS are) I thought it was a bit of a wasted opportunity. WHY-because they diodnt go far enough again. I thought it had no real punch, no great scope to work with. WE GET IT--EMO are sad douches and GOTH know the world is . So what is new here of any importance ? Not much really. Nowhere near as good as last week, which so far was the ONLY really good episode. Three to go-and we have had ONE stellar ready for anythign--do a damn TIMMY AND JIMMY something ORIGINAL. Dont go over OLD ground without a BITING , SCATHING ending.
  • So good!!!

I'm so happy to have the honor of being the first to review this hilarious episode. As a Colorado native who was a goth in high school circa 1999, this episode had me in stitches. The depiction of goths was spot on, right down to Edgar Allen Poe (aka Night Pain) sitting in Village Inn not ordering anything. I'm pretty sure I know who the waitress was supposed to be based on too. People who don't relate to goth culture and Colorado in-jokes might not appreciate this as much as me, but I think it'll still go over well. I just love those rare instances when a show is aimed at a specific group of people and you get to be one of them.

Thank you for this, Trey and Matt. I will cherish it as a way to look back and laugh at my younger self.