South Park

Imaginationland: Episode II

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 24, 2007 on Comedy Central

• perfect

butters learns he is the key to stopping the evil of Imaginationland; he is real, so he can use his imagination to beat the bad guys. elsewhere, kyle and stan are held captive in the pentagon until they tell the government how exactly they got in Imaginationland. the government then plans to destroy Imaginationland, with Butters (and Stan, who accidentally got knocked in) inside.

good part 2 to the trilogy. I did not like it as much as I did part one, but i did think it was interesting and made me want to see the conclusion. Grade- an A
  • Episode 2 of Trilogy

In this follow-up to part 1, Kyle and Stan are trapped in the Pentagon until they reveal how they got to Imaginationland, Cartman is still trying to get Kyle to suck his "things", and Butters is trying to fight off the evil character invasion with the remaining good characters. This episode loses some of the momentum it gained with some uneeded or overdone scenes, like the singing scene on trying to open the gate to imaginationland. However there was good too, like the Woodland Critters. I loved it when they were raping Kurt Russel, and trying to find someone with AIDS to kill off Strawberry Shortcake. It's screwed up, evil, and it's funny as hell. Overall, a good second part, but not as good as part 1. 9/10 B+
  • The second part.

Imaginationland 2-The Second Part.
    Originally aired: 24th October 2007

Stan and Kyle are being held in the bowels of the Pentagon until they tell the government how they got into Imaginationland. Meanwhile, Cartman simply won't rest until he finds Kyle and gets him to make good on their bet to suck his balls.

Imaginationland's Council of Nine consists of the following members:

Morpheus
    Popeye
    Wonder Woman-comic book hero
    Zeu

I'll add in some trivia:
    ~Cartman's dream sequence is a direct reference to dream sequences from the films Gladiator, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within and Risky Business.

~Cartman's dialog and action when trying to revive Kyle from death mirrors a similar scene from the movie The Abyss.

Great episode
  • Part 2 of the Trilogy

Cartman won't give up with kyle losing the bet and he takes it up in count and if Kyle don't suck Cartman's ball he goes to jail. Then Butters is that imaginationland is being attack by the evil ones but it could of been funny if Chucky come out and attack butters but it was Jason. Then Cartman thinks that Kyle is about to die and Cartman does everything to wake him up then at imaginationland Butters meets the 10 top most imaginged people. Why they have Aslan he sucks. They should of had Spongebob or Mickey mouse, or Bugs Bunny. But why they have Jesus there he not imaginary.
  • One of the Top South Park Episodes!

This has to be one of the top South Park episodes ever, I hadn't laughed so hard for quite a while, South Park still has it! What made it for me was the re-appearance of the cute but devilishly twisted Woodland Critters who deliver some truly twisted lines! There were also many allusions to so many top movies and TV shows, they are too numerous to mention, they even reference themselves with the hilarious appearance of man-bear-pig! They also took off one of my favourite all time movie scenes when Cartman revives Kyle with CPR (a parody of the classic scene in the movie 'The Abyss'). Hope the next installment is as hilarious!
  • GOOD!

This episode is definitely in my opinion the best episode of season 11. The episode itself is very enjoyable with many classic characters i was pleased to see Xenomorph, Khan, "Tron Guy", Predator, The Stormtroopers Etcetera. Interesting Story line the jokes weren't as Unoriginal as some of the earlier season 11 episodes. I was impressed by all the characters they were able to incorporate into the episode (the Imagination Land Wall being the reason for the characters.) overall about-

8.5 out of 10 the episode was funny but the plot could have been better. I just hope that part three will be excellent
  • Great follow up.

I loved Part two. It was filled with even more suspense than Part one was. (Although my personal favorite would have to be Part Three.)

In Part two, more information about Imagionationland is given out. The evil charectars finally escape the wall, and this is where the conflict begins.

Oh yeah, let's not forget the return of the Satanic Woodland Creatures! They had such gross ideas, very gruesome but also funny.

Cartman yet again will not give up his bet with Kyle. Yet again, Cartman is even more persistent about Kyle sucking his balls. Because he is stalling so much, there is an emergency back at the main hall labaratory (where the scientests have access to Imaginationland) and yet again Kyle escapes. Though Cartman is still persistant and then comes part three.

Meanwhile, Butters encounters Aslan, Zeus, Jesus, Wonderwoman, Popeye, and many other leaders of Imaginationland in the castle to team up and destroy the evil while ManBearPig escapes Imaginationland.

The rest is in Part Three.
  • Not as good as part one but still a worthy follow up.

The second part of the Imagination land Trilogy was not as good as the first part but it was still great and a nice follow up.
    The richest and most funny scenes remains the Cartman-Kyle interactions which were as funny and classic as always. Again the fact that the episode is not one character centric make things much more enjoyable.
    I love the references in this episode, like Terminator or Stargate.
    Also it was great to see some old characters like the Satanic Creatures from Woodland Critter Christmas and the ManBearPig back....great to see Jesus too.
    Great also to see characters like Popeye, Freddy(or Jason)or even Goro form mortal combat (in the background).
    However the absence of Kenny is again sad.
    I love the ending.
    Overall a nice follow up but not as good as the first part....Can`t wait for the conclusion.
  • A great second part...

I had my apprehensions that this couldn't possibly be as good as the original Imaginationland episode, but alas, it near enough was. It dipped at a few points, but largely this was a very strong episode.

The best scenes were in the evil portion of Imaginationland, where some famous film villains showed up, such as Alien, Predator and Jason. Also, the Woodland Critters were hilariously disturbing.

The Cartman ball-sucking fiasco continues, with Cartman near-enough stealing every scene he's in. I actually hope his balls get wet in the third and final installment.

Hopefully the third episode will remain as consistent as the first two. Great stuff.
  • Second part of Imaginationland

Ever since the first part of Imaginationland aired, the story continues with Butters still trapped in Imaginationland. He thought he was dreaming, but he just passed out and peed his pants. As the wall broke, all of the evil imaginary characters emerge out of their side of Imaginationland and attack every good character alive. The Xenomorph brutally killed the Mayor just as the Mayor was about to bring Butters home. The Pentagon demands to know exactly how to enter Imaginationland. Stan and Kyle told them that the Mayor brought them up on a balloon and sang a very long and stupid song, "The Imagination Song." Cartman dreamt that he was about to get Kyle to suck his balls, but then he saw Kyle's lips sewn shut. His balls became so dry they explode like dust. He's totally desperate to make it happen before the day is over.

As all of the evil characters assembled on the Yum-Yum Mountain, they were having an argument on who's the most evil character of all. Minotaur, Freddy Krueger, ManBearPig, the Headless Horseman, and the rest were fighting until Squirrelly Squirrel of the Woodland Critters told them they're suppose to be on the same team together. The rest of the other Woodland Critters inform them that they should hunt down the good characters who escaped. Beary Bear suggested that they should kill them and rape their bodies so that they can use their blood as lubricants. Jason Voorhees was like, "Man, I do not want to meet the kid who dreamt those things up."

As Stan and Kyle sang the stupid imagination song, the Pentagon manage to finally open up the Imagination Doorway, and Cartman infiltrated in the Pentagon. Cartman demanded to let Kyle go and find a room to suck his balls. He was wasting so much time on getting things ready for his greatest moments it gave Kyle a chance to get to the lab. Meanwhile, Butters, Snarf and the Lollipop King travel through the Gumdrop Forest to get to Castle Sunshine. Suddenly, they heard a girl shriek. They saw Strawberry Shortcake being tortured by the evil characters, and Jason Voorhees cuts out her eyeball. The Woodland Critters stopped them from trying to kill her because they stated that isn't evil enough. Beary Bear suggested that they should find somebody with AIDS to have him pee in her empty eye socket so then she'll die all slow-like. The Minotaur exclaimed that nobody here has AIDS, which temporarily disappointed the Woodland Critters until Squirrelly Squirrel suggest that they should go look into the woods and find someone to rape to get AIDS. When Butters, Snarf and the Lollipop King finally reached for Castle Sunshine, the Council of Nine believed that Butters is the Key. It means that he can help fight the evil characters in the ultimate war. The members are Aslan, Jesus Christ, Wonder Woman, Glinda, Morpheus, Zeus, Gandalf the Gray, Luke Skywalker and Popeye the Sailor.

As the Pentagon sent Kurt Russell and the soldiers to enter Imaginationland, they stumbled upon a group of innocent animals. When Kurt Russell said "Woodland Critters", it jarred Stan's memories making him remember the Woodland Critters back in the last Christmas episode. Stan tried to tell them to get away from them, but it was too late as the soldiers and Kurt Russell were killed and raped. Also, ManBearPig popped out of the doorway and begins to rampage the Pentagon. The scientists were guessing what kind of monster ManBearPig is by describing him to be half-man, half-bear, and half-pig. ManBearPig was about to murder Kyle until one of the scientists reversed the doorway to pull ManBearPig back in and pulling Stan in as well. It's really awesome how ManBearPig appears much more different than Al Gore's illustration. As the Pentagon guys try to revive Kyle, Cartman wasn't willing to give up on him until he sucks his balls. This second part episode ends with Cartman waking up Kyle at the hospital and showing him the bet paper.

I find this episode to be really great since it features the second appearance of the Woodland Critters from the seventh Christmas episode of South Park. Also, ManBearPig makes his first physical appearance and attacked the Pentagon. I never thought he would appear in the real world. The trilogy still continues onto the third and final episode of Imaginationland.
  • My favorite part of the three.

After a recap of last episode, all the bad imagination people are killing the good. The mayor is killed by Predator. Before he dies, he tells Butters, the Lollipop King, and Snarf to make their way through the Gum Drop forest and find a castle. The three head off. Meanwhile, Stan and Kyle are being held in the Pentagon by the government. They are shown a portal (just like the Stargate one) which will only be opened by a secret. Stan and Kyle sing the imagination song and the portal opens. Cartman breaks in and demands Kyle to suck his balls. Right before Kyle does, something goes wrong. ManBearPig climbs through the portal and kills Kyle. Stan is sucked through into Imaginationland. Cartman barely revives Kyle in time. Butters, Lollipop King, and Snarf find the castle. Butters is taken into cuffs when the imagination people learn he's real and came right before the terrorist attack. Morphius tells Butters he is "the one." The government has no choice and prepares to nuke their imagination. The episode ends again with Kyle waking up in a hospital, with Cartman beside him, smiling.
  • As the evil imaginations invade Imaginationland, Cartman is still insistant that Kyle will suck his balls...

The adventure continues, and the pace does not let up at all.

I liked the Council of the 9, with Luke Skywalker, Popeye, et al.

There seems to be vague contradictions over Jesus - early in the series, he lived in South Park and had his own television show; More recently he has been shown as returning from the dead; Now he lives in Imaginationland as one of the 9, suggesting that he is simply imaginary. Or maybe I just read into things way too much (!)

It was great to see the evil Christmas Critters make a return - only Eric Cartman could imagine up something so vile and twisted.

And talking of Cartman - he is still on hellbent on Kyle having to suck his balls (didn't he learn anything from 'Cartman Sucks'?!).

I love the scenes as Cartman slowly sets up the camera to take a photo of the event, leading to the episodes funniest moments.

The moment when Kyle is dead and Cartman struggles to bring him back to life is powerful - even if we all know that Cartman is only doing it so that Kyle can perform 'the deed'. It was also great to see ManBearPig, after being much mentioned by never seen in the previous season's episode of the same name.

All-in-all, a great second part.
  • PART II: We see the evil imaginary beings!

After the thrilling cliffhanger of the last episode, the evil imaginary beings come out and kill. Butters, the Lollipop king and Snarf survive, but must make it to the council of 9 (or whatever they're called). They make it there, and the council of 9 (or whatever they're called) say Butters is their hero to help defeat the forces of evil. Stan and Kyle are in the Pentagon and find out they have a portal to imaginationland which can only be activated by singing the dumb imaginationland song. When opened, Kurt Russel and his team go inside, only to be violated by cartmans imaginary woodland critters. Cartman arrives but doesn't get Kyle to fufill his contract (yet) as Manbearpig escapes and gets sent back into the portal with Stan. Kyle dies, but Cartman revives him, forcing the Pentagon to plan to nuke imaginationland. Will the pentagon destroy imaginationland? Can Butters save imaginationland from the evil beings? What will happen to Stan? and Will Kyle suck Cartmans balls? To find out, don't miss the final part of Imaginationland! Great episode!
  • Perhaps one of South Park's best and oh yes, Manbearpig.

This was a great addition to the budding trilogy based on Imaginationland. I love all of the evil characters, Alien, Predator and a personal favorite Manbearpig. Just seeing Manbearpig made the entire episode worth watching, not that it wasn't great enough without him. I loved how as Manbearpig was killing the scientists they were questioning the family tree of Manbearpig. Anyway enough about Manbearpig. I really thought the episode would end with us wonder whether Kyle would live or not. I was wondering what happend to him, was it the beating from Manbearpig(sorry I had to say it), because I don't think that would have cause him to turn gray. I wish the South Park seasons could be longer because I triliogy takes up nearly a fourth of the season even though last season was great and it had two two part episodes. Anyways I'm excited for next week to see what happends and hopefully see Manbearpig.
  • Only South Park would think of Jesus being on the Imagination Land Council of 9.

Brilliant. Matt and Trey never fail to amaze me. Nobody does satire better then them. The United States government continues to take away our privacy rights, or at least they are perceived that way. Matt and Trey even extend this power to tap into our imaginations. I love how they send Kurt Russel into the imagination time portal because he was kind of in a movie like that. Going back to Matt and Trey's objection of having celebrities involved in politics. The Manbearpig thing was great, and I have a strange feeling Al Gore will be somehow involved in the next episode. I really don't like the Cartman, Kyle plot. I feel like I've seen it before, and I feel it takes away from the Imagination Land story. Besides that, the first two episodes in this trilogy have been fantastic. The third one will hopefully not dissapoint.
  • The government gets into imaginationland and the evil imagination escapes and takes over imaginationland hilarious,thrilling and exciting.Cartman finds Kyle,and Kyle almost dies.Butters goes to the council.

Awsome way to follow up part one of a three part series,this was much better than the first one. Cartman finds Stanley and Kyle in hopes that Kyle will suck his balls,while the government finally discovers imaginationland.The evil part of imaginationland was particularly funny especially the christmas animals whowere disgustingly funny they wanted pee in strawberry shortcake's
    eye and rape her.All the other evil characters where arguing over who is more evil .The army of the U.S enters into imaginationland and supposedly gets raped by the nasty,
    christmas animals.One of the evil creatures gets outside of the portal and attacks everyon e including Kyle who almost gets killed he still hasn't sucked Cartman's balls to Cartman's dismay.Butters goes to the council of nine that include a talking lion,popeye,luke skywalker and wonder woman.Talk about allusion!The conclusion is worth waiting as we may get to know if Kyle sucks Cartmans balls
  • The second hysterical part that's even funnier than the first!

You know it's a good episode when the very first line has you in hysterics! The big title across the screen reading "Previously on South Park" whilst hearing Cartman saying "Previously on Battlestar Galactica" was genius. And the episode just got better from there on!

Just like last week you could let your inner geek out and try to identify as many characters in Imagination Land as possible, only this time we had evil ones too. Using the characters from Cartman's Christmas story was great, as it gave a South Park specific threat to the episode, rather than just using other famous characters.

There were loads of film and TV references, but not so many that the story got lost. The Stargate part, complete with the appropriate music and Kurt Russell, was really funny. The highlight of the episode was when a hideous creature came through the gateway from Imagination Land and was revealed to be none other than Al Gore's fictional ManBearPig. An excellent call back to that episode and again, great to have South Park original enemy.

Cartman's attempts to get Kyle to **** *** ***** were funny, but it was obvious Cartman was going to be robbed of his reward, making that story seemed a little stretched out. However the ending was a great cliff-hanger that hopefully can be lived up to in next week's conclusion.
  • This episode's even better than the 1st part.

Every minute there was a moment of television history. Even the first four words made me laugh. I don't know why this show has haters. This episode alone is better than what I'd expect from a Christmas Special. Watch this episode and you'll see why every single person loves it as much, or probably even more, than life itself. The only good time of the week for me is when a new episode of South Park comes on Wednesday. Speaking of Christmas specials, the Woodland Critters make an appearance. Also, that stuckup Strawberry Shortcake get's what she deserves. I've already laughed my ass off to this episode, and who says you can't? Get your DVR and record this next time it comes on.
  • The darkness of the imagination is released in the second installment. Kyle is finally forced to suck Cartmans balls, then he almost dies. Wow! Then butters is in front of the council to determine his fate. Awsome episode!

Well, last week I rated the episode poorly, and said that it was disturbing and hard to watch. Yet, I found myself peeing my pants when I saw the Christmas Critters dialogue about how to torture good characters. I felt that the "Imagination Land" story line was funnier, but the real life story line was much deeper and better written. Personally I felt that the shnubs bear (or however you want to spell it) is all-time top 3 south park characters! In no order I think Al Gore, shnubs bear, and towelie are the top 3 not main characters ever. I am watching the episode every time it is on to see the bear again. Back to Al Gore, MANBEARPIG makes an appearance, and again my pants are drenched at this point. I am dieing to see next weeks conclusion, and if they will nuke Imagination Land, will Butters be tortured or killed,and will Kyle suck Cartmans balls!!!
  • There's nothing like terrorists and the government to destroy the imaginations of an entire generation.

It's been a while since Trey and Matt have done anything terrorist or war related. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe this is the most direct they've been on South Park in relation to confronting both the nature of terror and government influence. Team America dealt with the consequence of innaction against a##holes similarly the themes of these two episodes seem focused on the impact terror but less on Pu##yness and more on the impact terror has on the psyche.

The terrorists are depicted as cartoonish, one dimensional 'bad guys' in a similar way to the many villains from the evil part of Imaginationland. This is a fairly blatent assault on the nature of terrorism depicting it as a ludicrous and absurd tool of villainy that really fails to affect any productive change, but certainly can wreak havok on our imaginations. the use of Mr rocket to demolish the wall highlighting both how the positives of our imagination can be turned against us and how something so innocent and innoffensive can be made dangerous in the wrong hands. Also, as is often the case with trey and Matt the world is split very distinctly between good and evil, they did it in Team America with Kim Jong Il and Alec Baldwin and they're doing it again here. In doing so I think it also shows the very immediate sense that most people experience when confronted with terror or even the thought of it, they want to lock it up behind a wall(because it's evil) and never face the danger it presents, conversely it might be said that Trey and Matt are presenting the threat of terrorism as a 'bogey man' a Freddy Kreuger, the threat more mythical than real. The real danger is that once that wall is broken we may be innundated with fear and this may allow the government to nuke our imaginations. To live in perpetual fear, the government having destroyed our collective imagination would find us much like Butters running from the perception of real and imagined threats that surround us. Our only hope would be the brighter side of our imagination that might offer us some hope and protection when fear is encroaching deeper and deeper into our psyche. When all is seemingly lost perhaps the Strawberry Shortcake within us all will remind us of human decency and kindness or perhaps she'll have Aids put in her eye by Squirrelly the Squirrel and die a slow and painful death.
  • The Evil side of Imaginationland!

The second part is even better then the amazing first part.
    Cartman finds Kyle to suck his balls but he is again interrupetd.
    The Evil side devastates the Imaginastionland and the terrorists and Butters is brought before the Nine, The Nine most important Good Imaginary Characters and he may be the key to their salvation. Meanwhile US Troopers are killed by Cartman's Woodland Critters and Governemnt thinks that they have no choice but to nuke the Imagionatioland. Through the portal emerges Al Gore's ManBearPig and kills a lot of people and almost Kyle but he is saved.
    Cartman wakes Kyle in his home and he is holding the agreement... Can't wait for the conclusion...the trilogy is like the best thing that ever happened in South Park :D
  • The war for imaginationland continues with all of the evil creations of imagination running loose. Cartman's quest to get Kyle to uphold their bet continues, and the government seeks to end the crisis...hilarity ensues.

If you thought last week was funny, this week was utterly hysterical. The jokes are not only funny, but they uphold the social commentary present in most episodes. It was pretty funny to see the villains come onto the scene with the oldschool "Chrome Toaster Cylons" leading the charge. The appearances by video game villains Goro, Akuma, and Wario were a nice touch. The portrayal of Jason from Friday the 13th was a riot. Manbearpig finally arrives! Very good animation, and it was hysterical to fans who were in on the joke. Where's Al Gore when you need him?

Cartman's relentless pursuit of Kyle is still funny, and even funnier is the reactions of the adults who uphold their little agreement. Seeing Cartman put on the cape and crown was funny, not as funny as the Sultan outfit, but still good. His trying to revive Kyle in the overly dramatic fashion was very humorous, and made even funnier by the idea that Cartman was likely motivated by their deal to save his life.

Stan and Kyle trying to remember that horrid imagination song was priceless, using all the musical terminology and boring the researchers to death, very funny.

The council of 9 was good, with all these prolific fictional heroes and then Popeye who was unintelligible. I don't happen to believe that Jesus is fictional, but if you take the joke in stride, it is rather funny. It's also interesting to note that Aslan is a metaphor for Jesus.

The Christmas Critters and the Strawberry Shortcake scene stole the show. I was in stitches in both of those parts (Strawberry Shortcake was in stitches too...literally). Those sick little animals! They raped the soldiers, wanted to give Strawberry Shortcake AIDS, and assisted in her torture. Not funny subjects, but it was beyond funny watching it on the show.

Good form Matt and Trey! 2 in a row! Easily one of the best episodes ever.
  • "Previously...on Battlestar Galactica"

Best recap line ever! Stole the episode from me and reminded me of how much I like Battlestar Galactica.

Episode felt like a smorgasbord of references to all of the kick-ass imaginary characters ever made. Felt like a JLU episode with all of the characters crammed in there. Special South Park created characters got their own spotlight with the woodland christmas critters and Man-Bear-Pig popping up again. The deaths were gruesome and awesome. Can't wait to see how they wrap up the whole terrorist attack on our imagination thing with some wicked excoriation of the Bush administration's handling of the war on terror.

Can't wait to see how it ends. Go Butters!
  • Manbearpig. Half man, half bear, half pig. That and with the woodland creatures of Christmas whatever, how could it not be good?

MANBEARPIG. MANFREAKINGBEARPIG. Totally cereal. I loved the episode with Al Gore, and that one Christmas special with the woodland creature things.
    Hahahaha, although Cartman's getting old now. I mean, with the whole, 'Kyle better suck my balls or else' thing. The first episode, it was great. Now...not so much.
    Butters! Whatever happened to him? Well I'm glad he's in this more. And the mayor guy, 'No you bleeping dipbleed, that was a joke!'
    And then, 'We guaged her eye out. That's pretty hard core,' or something along those lines.
    I couldn't stop watching.
    But seriously, Kyle, in general, is getting a bit old. Too many abouts about him and/or centering him. We needs some mores Kenny!!!
  • " Could you shut up for five mintues, Snuff-Snuff?"

Wow, it was too much spoken communication, furiousness and characters from some past season such as " ManBearPig" & " Woodland Critter Christmas", but it great when we actually see the evil imganationland characters from the wall and I can't not believe they've make fun of Freddy Kruger like that making talk like a queer I liked the part when the Woodland critters is raping Kurt in the imganationland unverise.

Meanwhile, Cartman is still trying to convince Kyle to suck his balls and than Cartman actually saved him for the second this season...again. That part when Stan & Kyle sang the Imganationland sing to the govnerment over and over again until the govnerment believe in them.

Butters, The lollypop and Snuff-Snuff are trying to stopped Terriost and the evil characters from the wall. I almost thought Butters' was about to died in the part when the evil wall character came to destory them....Thank God Butters make it okay.

I feel so sorry about Stan when he sucked into the Imganationland univers, I'll bet Kyle were shocked and sad,too. 10/10. Classic episode once again. Can't wait for part two.
  • ahahahahahahahahahahaaha! So Friggin funny!

man those guys reeeally know how to make a guiy laugh They reused the whole mANBEARPIG AND and the woodland christmas critters I mean the part where the critters rape Kurt russel and his men was just to good to be seen but manbearpig! Supe3r Serial man! just ohoohoho too F---ing funny for words! and cartman getting Kyle to do You-Know-what to his you know whats was Just LOLx100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 in other words all of this episode was just plain brilliant but, I do have one smidgen of Criticism: where was Kenny in all of this huh? be funny if he got mauleed by Manbearpig.