South Park

Make Love, Not Warcraft

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 04, 2006 on Comedy Central

• I seriously don't get most of the people's reviews...

Are you guys seriously thinking this was a commercial? They were fucking DIRTY!!! Seriously guys... they are telling you that you shouldn't waste your life on this stupid game... how dumb can you be? The same case with the britney episode, nobody on this site could tell they were actually saying the media was bullshit against britney and not otherwise. I would never ever want to buy this game now because of this episode (and I always wondered how the game would be, since you have to pay n' stuff) but now, I would rather play that hello kitty on adventure thing: YOU GO BUTTERS XD

Btw this episode obviously thought/teaches us alot: DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME ON WoW... unless you have no life ofcourse ;)
  • South Park gets some funds for pumping World of Warcraft and Blizzard.

4.5
    How anyone can say this was a \\\"superp\\\" or \\\"perfect\\\" episode is beyond me. I laughed three times, the rest of the time I was waiting for something funny to happen that never did.

This ranks up there with the Oprah\\\'s Vagina episode as worst South Park\\\'s ever. The plot itself was topical, but not humorous. They could have done a better job at poking fun at the \\\"sensation\\\" but they failed miserably to achieve even that. I honestly hope that this is not a sign of the type of episodes we will be seeing for the rest of season 10 and beyond. I know they can do better than this, here\\\'s hoping they do.

Wait, maybe it's because too many of the south park viewers actually can relate to the dialogue and what was actually happening within the GAME that this episode is getting such good reviews from these users....
  • A terrible episode that seems to only have been made to publicise World of Warcraft.

6.2
    Simply put, this episode was not funny at all. Right from the start, I got the impression that this episode was just a publicity gimmick to get South Park viewers to try World of Warcraft, or to get World of Warcraft players to watch South Park. No, i'm not giving this episode a bad score because I don't play WoW; in fact, I used to play it. The content of this episode, however, is dull and lacks any sort of interesting plot or humor. Who cares that some guy is running around killing people in a game? Personally I'd have been happier if in the end the boys simply quit the game. All in all, this episode is just as boring as the game that it focuses on. If South Park keeps making episodes like this, it does not bode well for the series' future.
  • Too much WoW and not enough SP.

This is probably one of the worst episodes of this season if not ever. There was just too much WoW in the game with voice-overs of SP characters. I'm a big fan of WoW and South Park, was really looking forward to this episode, they should've really made it more like the PSP episode. Its funny that they get a lot of the WoW terminology, but I think there was just way too much input from the Blizzard people in this episode, and we all know how funny computer people are. Anyways, big let down, had it's moments but definitely one of the worst episodes.
  • Poor plot. This South Park had no legs in terms of situational humour and character development. Cartman and Butters were seriously under utilised, although did have some nice moments, most were lost to a shallow exploration of WoW.

Bad humour. I laughed probably 3 or 4 times during this episode. For South Park, that is WAAAY down on the average. Yes, there were some funny bits but these jokes had absolutely nothing to do with World of Warcraft and made the episode bareable in spite of it\'s theme.

Too commercial. This basically screamed as an ad for World of Warcraft. The heavy colloboration with Blizzard in creating the episode seems to bring this in. I nearly had to supress vomit at overt phrases such as \"over 7 million playing\" and \"Butters get WoW and join the online sensation\"!
  • They finally made a comeback after all the lame episodes like A million Little Fibers and Cartoon Wars. This is exactly why i watch this show.

The episode was so funny becasue of the World of Warcraft game..I don't necessarily play world or warcraft but ive heard of it and ive played runescape and it seems somehow similiar to it..I luv how the guys kept saying they didnt have a name because they had lives...lol..The fact the the four of them went out and started killing lvl 1 boars to raise like 30 lvls was hilarious..they have lvl 1 chickens on runescape and it takes 4ever to raise lvls with them...ud get bored with them in like 2 mins...The part at the end with stan and his dad where they made it all dramatic too was hilarious..These are the kinds of episodes i watch this show for...to laugh a whole half hour...This episode is one of the best ones
  • Just Like Warcraft,it blows

Another bad episode of season ten. It just dont get any better. This episode sucked cause of the plot. The episode was plain unfunny. Only funny part is butters talking about hello kitty game,but when isnt butters funny. If that ever happens,then they have truly run out of ideas. I didnt like that all they did was play the game the whole episode just to beat one guy. Then when they do,they just play more. The game is pointless and lame. The episode is baically one where i say who the hell cares. The whole plot of the epsiode was pointless. Also the fact they would not leave to even go to the restroom was stupid and gross. Like many season ten epsiodes,it just plain sucks.
  • Highly overrated

5.5
    Make love, Not Warcraft is highly overrated. First of all I found the episode very boring. Maybe it's because I've never ever played Warcraft or many other video games for that matter, but I just found it completely boring. This one of the few episodes where I just didn't laugh that much. The premise of the episode sucked IMO. I guess it's just because I'm not really a gamer... Although there were a couple of funny moments with Randy. As always the few scenes Butters were in, were quite funny. Too be honest I had never even heard of Warcraft until this episode of South Park. Maybe there were hidden jokes that only Gamers would get or something. Either way i found the episode very boring and sickly overrated.
  • 147th Episode

I agree that most of the high rated South Park episodes are hilarious but this is by far the most overrated episode ever. I was really looking forward to seeing the episode after all the talk on the forum but this episode only made me laugh about three times (R-tard, Randy punching the guy after he took his car and Hello Kitty Island Adventure).

The no life comment was barely funny the first time and was incredibly overused and since I don't play Warcraft or have any interest in it, half the comments were lost on me and Cartman instructing the others on what to do was unfunny since it was just WoW speak. THe diaohrea moment was disgusting and unlike most disgusting SP moments was also not funny.

Fortunately, most South Park episodes aren't quite as bad as this one (and most people will probably disagree with me and say this is in the 90% of great episodes) but so far I am quite disappointed with the tenth season of South Park.
  • A "WOW" commercial, starring the kids from "South Park".

When I turned on the TV, I expected to see an episode of "South Park". Instead I saw clips of "World Of Warcraft". And it wasn't even a parody, like in the "Chinpokomon" episode, it were real clips from the real game. The creators of it were involved in making this episode. And guess what the episode is about: The kids play the game. And they love it. They love it soooo much, that they forget everything else about it. They are getting fat and dirty, because it's worth to play "World Of Warcraft" all day long and save the virtual world from someone, who is ruining the game for everybody. That's the whole message of the episode: "World Of Warcraft" is great. Buy it, because you saw clips of it in the newest episode of "South Park".
    Sorry guys, enough is enough. I can get over the "Sony PSP"-episode and the "Nintendo Wii"-episode, because despite the shameless product placement in them, they were pretty good and told stories that had nothing to do with the product. But a whole episode in which the characters tell us all the time how they love their favourite game while we see clips from it is unbearable.
  • perfect

stan, kyle, cartman and kenny are killed in world of warcraft by a strong player. worse, this player can kill anybody he wants. now the four friends need to level up and come up with a way to defeat this characer, once and for all.

good episode and a hilarious parody of world of warcraft. i don't play world of warcraft but i still thought this was a hilarious and well-done episode. nothing brought this episode down for me, so i give "Make Love, Not Warcraft" an A+ for a grade. really, a great episode of the show, i think
  • BATHROOM!!!!

This episode shows the south park boys as they get addicted to WOW (World of Warcraft) and the result is one of the best episodes ever made. In the episode, the boys are continusly killed by an opposing player while trying to complete quests. Eventually, Cartman rallies the boys to try and they train by killing a ton of boars and becoming obese in the process. Eventually they kill the player, and get back to playing the game itself.

Good: The pardoy of WOW was spot-on (this coming froma former addict himself), All the character's have some lines from Randy to Stan to Cartman, Graphics make pardoy even better

Bad: Nothing was truly bad about this episode, seriously.

Overall: Although season's 9 and 10 didn't really impress me, this one was truly amazing, and should be seen by any true SP fan or WOW player.
    10/10
  • World Of Warcraft.

This episode was unexpectedly funny because at first I thought it would be stupid. After it developed, I really started to like it. My favorite part is when the characters get all fat. "They must have no lives" Hilarious! Kenny died in Warcraft, which is always funny. The disturbing part is when Cartman took a crap on his mom. I felt like puking! The whole setup was hilarious, Stan's dad in my opinion was the funniest. Anyways I have a feeling that South Park will never run out of ideas. An amazing crossover episode, producers were hilarious as well. Nine out of ten.
  • FUNNY! But few things.

This is something funny in a few terms of errors. like you cant die in duels, there is a lvl cap
    high lvled armor, killing boars for exp, Having trueshot aura for the other 3, arcane brilliance needed when unneccessary, unlimited durability, and few others probably but anyway, nice episode ,but how did blizzard agree to do this of such, and why would the creator make a episode after this, I think it's just I don't know, the need to make it like the real thing, like i dont know, viewing the game from some persons moniter, like cartman's or whoever's character the camera was focused on. But still, GREAT EPISODE!
  • Best episode ever in South Park !!!

This is my one favorite episode of south park In this episode the boys play World of Warcraft I love that game I wish I didn't have to pay 14 dollars a month to play the game but Wizard is more powerful In the game a butthole is cheating in the game and just kill without argeeing to duel and it freakin' funny when he kill Cartman and Randy and Cartman come up with a idea to destroy the guy with no life I can think of Staying up all day that game their bill is going to be super high 1000s of dollars and they end being fat and Cartman is more wider and Kenny,Stan,and Klye have the same shape like Cartman then the Creaters of the game get a Sword to Randy to give to Stan and the G.W.N.L(Guy with no life) killed Randy and Stan slice G.W.N.L and it awesome when Cartman slam his Head LOL
  • South Park at its finest

This episode really hits the spot. A fun and relevant topic that gives Cartman AND Randy the chance to shine and loaded down with jokes.

Of course what they say about WoW is inaccurate - You cant just level killing boars in Eylwin Forest. It would have been nice to see more of WoW also, but all this hardly matters for such a brilliantly executed episode.

This beats all of south Parks other commercial episodes - be it the one of the PSP, Wii or guitar hero. As far as I concerned its also home to one of the most solidy written episode. This episode was a pure joy that is easily in my top 5 best episodes.
  • One of the best South Park episodes ever!

This episode as most South Park fans would say, would be said as one of the best South Park episodes ever. First of all, they did the thing they do best in this episode. Make the adults stupid. And the one fat-ass who was killing everybody in the World of Warcraft game was a perfect example of those kind of people. Creative storyline as well, and it was cool to see Cartman and the gang in World of Warcraft form. As well as that, Cartman was hilarious.

Great episode overall and one of the best episodes of all time. .
  • LIVE TO WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!

this episode rocks all around the world.no negative things, all classic and super.make love not warcraft is definetly one of my top favorite episodes.it has excellent action,uber adventure and total classic humor.and it won an emmy,and it deserved one.the story is about the boys buying world of warcraft,then suddenly an insane character keeps killing them for no reason.the boys decide to become a super high level by killing boars.after 7 or 3 weeks, they became a super high level and went of to kill the monster.another terrific job, is the use of randy.Randy saved world of warcraft by givin the boys the sword of truth.extremely funny and emmy winning.HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
  • Season 10, Episode 8.

LMAO! Great episode! I laughed when I saw that 40-something year old that always killed the boys. A renegade player threatens the Massively Multiplayer Online game World of Warcraft® and the fate of the game lay in the hands of Cartman, Kyle, Stan and Kenny. The same guy killed Randy! =] LMAO! I want to play it now. "If you could go back in time, would you stop Hitler I personally wouldn't, I thought he was awesome." LMAO Cartman! LMAO Butters gets the same character as Cartman! Kyle's a girl... Wow. Haha the kid was burning! Ike even got a character! Haha great episode!
  • Really great episode.

This is the first episode of South Park I ever watched. It's really frickin funny to say the least. I have played WoW and this is pretty similar to it. There are a few inaccuracy's that serve the plot, but they get the feel of WoW across.

The whole plot centers around a guy with no life who is killing players for no reason. The boys go to desperate measures to stop the player. Getting Butters off of Hello Kitty Island Adventure, convincing Craig that if he doesn't help he's French and abandoning there lives altogether to kill boars.

The last lines of the episode, after the defeat of the evil player are as follows.

Stan: So now what do we do?
    Cartman: What do you mean? Now we can play the game!
  • The best episode of all-time?

Who can not love this episode? It is so funny. It's funny because there alot of losers who play the game nearly every hour of every day. It's just such a great episode, the story is amazing, how there is a player on the game that is so strong he is the best player of all-time and then the kids want to take him down so that they can just finally play the game. This episode must be great to people who can relate to playing mmorpg's and know what it's like to try and complete a goal set by yourself.
  • This is a great episode that pokes fun of all the onlines games.Any one who has ever play a multiplayer online game will love this one.

This is a great episode that made me laugh so hard I was ready to spring a leak. I have play one or two online games and got addicted to them like everyone else and like me tell you this episode about sums up the online games. Anyone who has ever played an online multiplayer game will love this episode. This is an series clasic and I have yet to find anyone one who did not like "Make Love Not Warcraft". If you aren't into South Park now watch this episode and you will be into it very quickly. This episode is the bomb!
  • A freak of World of Warcraft is killing everyone online non-stop. It's up to the boys to stop this life-less person before the Warcraft world comes to an end. The boys play for about a month non-stop so they can get higher levels and defeat the tyr

This episode is exactly why I watch South Park, its extemely funny to watch. It was so funny when Cartman crapped all over his mum when he was on the computer.
    I still don't know how someone could play World Of Warcraft non-stop like that, its freakishly terrifying.
    the fat lard guy must have been taught by his parents when he was a baby how to play World Of Warcraft.
    I thought Cartman's charater was a perfect representation of himself and of this kid I know who is called Maxx. Maxx is fat, selfish and over-endulged.
    But still one question remains, the ultimate one in this episode.
    "How do you kill one whom has no life?"
    LOL!!!
  • One of the best episodes of South Park

While this to me was one of the best episodes of SP ever, it may be a little biased. I was and still am completely addicted to WOW. This episode was incredibly clever, while there were some aspects of the episode that didnt make sense (the level of their characters and their action bars were empty), among other things, the episode was still great. It was another shining example of the witty and cleverness that Matt and Trey have when they make any episode. They jumped on the wagon at the right time to not only make fun of an already popular subject but to also indirectly boosts its popularity. South Park FTW
  • Im not a r-tard.

A renegade player threatens the Massively Multiplayer Online game World of Warcraft® and the fate of the game lay in the hands of Cartman, Kyle, Stan and Kenny. Ok, to start out with, I just have to say I loved this episode. I love the game World of Warcraft too so that made it even better for me. And I love computers in general so that helped too. This episode had to be the funniest episode of South Park ever created. Well, at least it is so far. I watch this episode over and over again. Tagline "Im not a r-tard..."-Randy Marsh.
  • A renegade player threatens the Massively Multiplayer Online game World of Warcraft and the fate of the game lay in the hands of Cartman, Kyle, Stan and Kenny.

This episode isn't really offensive to anyone, it has a few anti video gamer tones with if you play games you get fat. Well I am not fat, and I played video games ALOT. The episode is extremely funny with lots of jokes. I think the target audience was that of the middle age person, male or female. The effort placed into this episode was very cool.

Lots of product placement in this episode, basically a big commercial for Blizzard Entertainment and Best Buy. The episode actually shows Blizzard Headquarters and all the games created by Blizzard, how cool WoW is too. At this time of the show WoW had a showing of about 6 million players, its now over 10 million actual players.

Product placement for South Park isn't normally a problem but in this one there is lots of product placement, from Teamspeak to Dell Computers.

Overall this is my favorite episode of South Park, everyone knows some sort of reference they have heard in real life, after the airing of the episode, people i know that never watch the show where saying stuff that happened in it. This episode made World of Warcraft and South Park gigantic parts of the current Media Age.
  • Best episode I've ever seen.

This episode was about the game World of Warcraft. When Cartman, Stan, Kyle, and Kenny kept playing, they got killed every time by a guy that has no life. This episode is very weird. The creators are acting like World of Warcraft is real life. When they kept playing, they kept getting fatter and fatter. Cartman was just so fat! My favorite part was when Cartman and the others were playing and Cartman said "Mom, bathroom!" Then, Liane came down and took a giant crap in the toilet. She said "That's a big boy!" That's hilarious. I think this is probably the best episode of South Park. Overall, I give this great, fantastic, and the best episode of South Park a 10!
  • Seems impossible to make an episode so perfect like this.

The famous MMORPG "World of Warcraft" arrives to South Park and our kids have their own copy.
    Probably, one of the most funny episodes of the show with unforgettable scenes like the progress of the plan while we listen "Live to Win" or the evolution of Cartman, Stan, Kyle because of being in front of a monitor.

Using elements very well known for "World of Warcraft" players (the beginning of the episode) and memorable quotes like "Only one kind, whoever this person is, he has played World of Warcraft nearly every hour of every day for the past year and a half! Gentlemen, we are dealing with someone here who has absolutely no life." said by one member of Blizzard; South Park creators give us an instant classic of the show, a good reason to keep watching next episodes and a real warning to whom buried too soon one of the best animated series.
  • In this notable episode, Cartman, Stan, Kyle and Kenny must save the world (of Warcraft) from a player who is killing off the character of anyone who tries to play the game...

Another top-notch episode - maybe this season isn't so bad after all!

This is classic 'South Park' - well written, well executed, and funny.

It is from the start of the second half of the tenth season (complete with remixed opening theme), and has all the credentials of a real season opener (I'd much prefer it to the terrible 'Return of Chef', but that's for another review!)

Although I haven't personally been sucked into the whole World of Warcraft (...yet) I am a sad no-lifer who spends a lot of time on-line and have seen how such MMORPGs can suck people in and take over their lives.

As with many episodes of recent seasons, Stan's father Randy almost steals the show with a few great lines and moments.

Cartman's toilet break (or rather, not) may be a little too graphic, but hey - this is South Park, what else would you expect!

A top-notch episode, and I can easily see why it ranks amongst many peoples favourite episodes from the series.

(Oh, and after seeing this episode... I may just have to check out World of Warcraft for myself!)
  • 10 seasons of this show and it looks like it ain't slowin' down soon!

Wow, no, not "WoW", "wow". 10 seasons and they continue with awesome parodies and episodes. Finally, they hit a point where I think they're really back into the game. I was wondering when comedy shows like this and "Family Guy" were going to make fun of a real popular game, and the guys of SP decided to choose one of the most popular ones, "World of Warcraft". What's awesome about this is that I've never seen machinima in a comedy like South Park and do it so well. The boys of South Park as WoW characters, them turning into the "advanced" players by leveling up so fast (I could NEVER be that patient) and by using the internet language words such as "pwnage", it's just what a person wants to see in a parody about a game that actually changed peoples' lives in good and bads ways, lol.

Overall, favorite episode out of all, and done a great job with connecting to the real game as well, including real places like "Azeroth" and "Goldshire" fomr the game. And lastly, congrats to the guys of SP for winning the emmy and for Blizzard for helping them win it!

TMT