South Park

Make Love, Not Warcraft

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 04, 2006 on Comedy Central

Episode Fan Reviews page 2 of 5

• Hilarious episode.

I found this episode very interesting. I do not play World of Warcraft but I did play Rune Scape (another online game) for a while. This episode shows how obsessed kids can get with games. The episode is about the boys getting into World of Warcraft, then a really strong player takes over World of Warcraft and then starts killing everyone. Then they spend hundreds of hours leveling up. This was the Fall season 10 season premiere so they made it a very special episode. Overall this is a very funny episode and wether you are a big online gamer or a regular guy you should watch it.
  • One of the first episodes that got me into south park, one of their best.

Now as a casual online gamer, it added to the episode since I could see the mimicking of elitists who go around killing anyone weaker than them. on to the episode, the boys are playing Warcraft when the guy shows up and starts killing them. They eventually get their friends togethor to build a player army to attack him. And yet it doesn't work. The management of Blizzard discuss this player trying to get him out. The kids finally spend weeks on the pcs. gaining experience by staying at the starting level, eventually wasting their bodies and becoming true nerds to fight this player one last time.
  • one of the best

This was one of the best episodes of the show with great graphics and of course hilarious.

This episode give a view of what happened when you get addicted to a game, of course with the comic twist typical of South Park.

The episode brings all the things that make South Park and blend if with the fascination of and addiction of a PC game World of Warcraft

One of the most memorable scenes is the final battle were the gang is settle at Eric’s house and his mother serves them food and pick there droppings It was and is a must see episode

Hilarious
  • A masterpiece.

This episode has everything. Randy going mental, Cartman rallying and commanding the troops, a storyline that's scarily plausible, a great montage sequence (with suitably inspiring music), Butters getting bullied, Cartman bullying his mom to name a few. The creators summed up everything about WoW that makes it cool while at the same time showing just how bizzarely unreal and life consuming it can be. Going by standards set when spoofing other themes (eg, Michael Jackson, Scientology, immigrants, gays, etc, etc) they depicted WoW as it really is: community of people where any ordinary person can become a hero. Simply put, best episode ever. Period.
  • South Park are having fun playing the online game World of Warcraft when a rogue griefer, kills them yet again. The griefer, a highly dedicated player, is said to have been playing each day for a year and a half and has advanced through many levels

"Make Love, Not Warcraft" is episode 147 of Comedy Central's animated series South Park and aired on October 4, 2006. This episode is a parody of the popularity of the massive multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG), World of Warcraft, or rather, gamers themselves, and was announced by Comedy Central on September 30, 2006. It was advertised as the tenth season second half premiere.[1]

The episode uses machinima in many of its scenes to create a better emulation of the game.[2] It was originally scheduled to air as episode #145, but was later delayed because of difficulties in creating the machinima.[3]

Since the airing of the episode, it was planned that the fictitious Sword of a Thousand Truths used in the episode would be added as a part of World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade, although it would not have the same capabilities as in the show.
  • I wasn't going to review but I accidentally pressed "Agree" on jimbo_001's review and felt this needed to be known as DEFINITELY an accident. lol ..because I don't see how ANYONE can give THIS episode a low score.

This episode to me was definitely one of the best. Not just because it was funny, but how it actually was a GREAT story. However crazy it may be, it is actually deep considering that if there actually was a player who was able to kill all characters at random(i don't know if it actually ever happened or is possible since I have never played World of Warcraft)-but ANYWAY this would be a huge problem for the makers and sellers of the game since they want people to buy it and enjoy it and not be irritated because they can't proceed causing them to stop playing and ultimately cut the company's profits-so that part was TOTALLY believable and logical. This was actually one of the few episodes where I am honestly interested in the plot since there normally are no REAL believable plots on Southpark and I normally watch only for the silly and hilarious antics of our gang. But THIS episode was a little more toned down on the silliness while maintaining the usual Southpark comedy as well. It also obviously got a lot more people interested in the World of Warcraft game because of how Beautiful the game looked(actually outshining the main set drawing of the real southpark world), and with the music also stepped up a notch for the game world and the awsomely drawn characters and movements(Cartman's Troll character looking at Butter's Troll character up and down as he walked into the game-priceless!). And when they actually KILLED the guy, I wanted to start clapping. lol They built up the battle REALLY well. It was all put together oh so nicely. Great Job Trey and Matt! You can see that they really put a little more work into THIS episode as opposed to the norm, which is usually tops in MY book(or at least more often than not). I mean, they can't ALL be amazing-especially with ONE person writing every episode-but THIS is definitely one of the GREAT ones.
  • i love this man i just loved watching i mean i watched it at least 30 times i mean the full episode when i found out about this episode i wanted to play so badly and be just like em haha but i aint as good as em but stan is awesome with his big sword lmao

i love this episode i literary watched it at least 30 times the full episode umm i wanna watch this thing one more time i loved it i loved the back ground music and the way they got so into the game and stuff and and when they actually kill him all those lil people come out and cheer for them lol they should of helped them i say but i liked it anyway ummm well iam a warrior like stan on the game and also a warlock both suck but lol i dont care i play for fun Peace
  • yeah

this is extually the best south park eppisode ever made, if you only think about it, in real live people can be really addictid to fideo games as they are. other eppisode (such as scot tannerman must die) are also really brilliant but not as brilliant as this one.
    it is awsome!!
    this really is a must see, if you are a treu south park fan but mist this eppiso you mus fall down on the floar right now an burst into tears, case this is THE best eppisode of south park.
    i will devinitly tune in when the next eppisode airs!!
    if you dont think the same about this eppisode as me please let me know

cya
  • A clever concept and a funny episode.

Im not the biggest South Park fan in the world but i do think Trey Parker and Matt Stone are hilarious! This episode is an example of their creativity. They are like two over-grown kids, their humour is always stupid and aimed at the level of a 7 year old, which is what makes it funny. The reason I like South Park is that it requires no effort from me to find it funny, you can be in a semi-vegetative state and it appeals to the lowest rung on the comedy ladder which is not a bad thing at all!

This episode had the same stupid low-brow humour that we have come to expect and love from this show but it also had a lot of the game shot from inside the World of Warcraft game. Now i've never played this game so I dont know what it's like, but you'd have to be living under a rock to not have heard about it. The fact that South Park can rip into a community with so many members is admirable.

I enjoyed this episode because it made fun of the nerds that play this game all the time. I didnt enjoy the stupid Notes and Trivia those same nerds put on the episode page for this ep. 9.3/10
  • the boys attempt to stop a renegade player threatening to destroy every character in World of Warcraft.

this was absolutely one of the best South Park episodes ever. although i don't play world of warcraft, i liked how most of this episode took place in a computer game environment. for me the funniest scene in the game portion of the episode was when you find out that kyle's little brother ike has a world of warcraft character. he's only like 2 years old. the best scence outside of the computer gaming world was when cartmen had to take a crap and his mom was holding the toilet and cartmen crapped all over his mom and she didn't seem to care. what a great episode.
  • Very funny episode.

• Cartman and the gang get hooked to world of warwcraft. suprise suprise that they become fat and unapealing. but i have to give props to this episode as it was a fine piece of machinima. It was like South Park meet Red vs. Blue.

This episode was a breath of fresh air from a pretty dule season. I enjoyed how this shows seems to make some of the most idiotic things scary (the killer in warcraft, who would destroy the world... of warcraft). the fact that Stans dad was playing was very funny as if poking fun at the idea of parents who try to bond with kids by playing computer games.

I enjoyed the montage and the fight scenes. The humour in this was right to the point and stuff around, it was clear and desisive. This episode was so good that it actually made me go out and buy world of warcraft.

I did have one problem with this show. it wasn't the fact that players had armour and weapons that they could never really get. or that they chose the alliance over the horde. i looked past that as it was not meant to be realalistic but more for an asthetic quality. my main cocern was their abuse of leet speak. "your about to get Pwned" - anyone who plays online games knows that is pronounced "owned" and words like "uber" and "newb" sounded so foriegn in this episode. i mean it clearly shows that matt and trey had no idea what the hell leet speak was, which is acceptable because most people dont get it anyway. so despite its flaws, it was very enjoyable to watch. i love it
  • Make Love Not WarCraft is an excellent episode and is a great example of why South Park rocks!

This is a brilliant episode! The kids get addicted to the MMORPG, World of WarCraft. There is trouble brewing in the WoW. He is very powerful (obviously a man with no life) and can kil anyone in the game without asking people for a fight. So the South Park kids train in the only place that this man doesn't go. They train on some of the weakest monsters in the game. It takes them 6 months or so for them to reach Level 60. Then, they attack! When the staff at Blizzard find out that these people have no lives, they decide to give them the Ultimate Weapon. But since none of the Blizzard staff have accounts (they have lives you know!), they trust Stan's father to give Stan the almighty sword (Stan's father got an account surprise, surprise!).

This episode is one of the best South Park episodes ever and needs to be watched by anyone!!

9.7/10
  • This is one of the funniest South Parks ever, for many reasons.

"Make Love not Warcraft" is one of the funniest episodes in South Park history. Showing the boys as actual characters in the game was hilarious. Stan's dad trying to join in was awesome. I loved how the guy that was killing their characters off was depicted as a fat lazy slob. It was a great parody of online computer gaming and some of the more obsessive people who play it. You know that the people who are the highest levels in online games are just like that guy. Fat, pimply and pale. It was awesome when they showed the Blizzard executives, and they kept saying "This could be the end of the world.......of Warcraft!"
    But the best part of the episode was the last sequence when the boys all got fat, and Cartman crapped all over his mom. One of the most memorable scenes ever.
  • Make Love, Not Warcraft is one of many classics of South Park because we go into the computerized world of the on-line game play of Warcraft. Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny all have their own characters in the game.

Make Love, Not Warcraft starts out as the boys playing Warcraft on-line and having fun until unexpectedly, they are killed by another player without a challenge of a duel in battle. Then, the boys come up with a strategy to try to destroy the character killer by all of the boy students of 4th grade joy into the game including Butters. Yet, they all are still killed. The nerd executives at the Warcraft headquarters begin to become worrisome because of the rogue player is killing everyone and causes fears for Warcraft because it could cause people to stop playing the game. This episode is a classic because everyone knows that there is some guy on-line gaming no matter what game has no life and is always playing the game, and nobody can beat him because he has no life but the one game. Then, the boys decide to play for weeks straight at time in order to get the highest game level in order to defeat the loser no life gamer. They kill bores for weeks, and they become fat from all the game playing. In the end, the boys finally managed to kill the hated character that was haunting the on-line gaming scene with the help of the sword provided by the people of Warcraft given by Mr. Marsh to Stan. Then, when they finally have won, Cartman mentions that they can finally play the game. Overall, it is definitely one of the very best episodes of South Park.
  • 10/10

One of my favorite episodes of South Park.

The episode starts out with them all playing World Of Warcraft. There doing quests and stuff. Then some guy comes up and kills them all (without them accepting to a duel). There pissed off so they hold a meeting, for every kid in South Park that plays World Of Warcraft to log in at the same time and try to kill him. He summons scorpions and kills them all. They call Blizzard (creator of World Of Warcraft) and complain that there characters are always getting killed. The people at Blizzard try to ban him, but the guy always kills the administrators. Cartman has an idea to kill boars until they get to a high enough level to kill him. Kyle, Stan, Kenny and Cartman all get really fat because they play on there computer for basically two weeks straight. After two weeks of training, they all decide it's time to attack the person who kills everyone. The people at blizzard notice how many levels they gained and they calculated there levels and they found out, even with how many levels they've gained, it's still impossible to kill him. Unless, they use a sword called "Sword of 1000 Truths". They have to get that sword to them before they die! They fly to South Park, but Kyle, Stan, Kenny and Cartman have already started the battle. The people from Blizzard go to Stan's house, and his dad tells the people from Blizzard that they went somewhere to play World Of Warcraft. There only chance of getting the sword to them is to log on, and give it to them in the game. They log on to Stan's dad's account. He's only level two, so he could die with one hit. He gets there just in time to give Stan's character the sword. Stan kills the guy, and World Of Warcraft is safe again. Kyle, Stan, Kenny and Cartman can all play World Of Warcraft again without getting killed.
  • All the kids in south park are obssessed with the worls of warcraft computer game but there is one player that is on an impossible level and can kill any character anywhere in the game.The kids must fight back!

This episode is really good!it has music from the original game and new graphics never before seen in south park and this is the first episode since"bloody mary" randy marsh has been in.its really funny when they plan a war against the "invincible" player.This episode had me in stitches because the phrase "this is the end of the world...of warcraft."!! The only bad thing about this episode is the story line.It has everything but a good story line because its just a set of random events.I mean,They all have a goal,to defeat the invincible player,but there is no real danger unlike all the other episode.Anyway this episode is great
  • Most of the kids get hooked on the MMORPG World of Warcraft, but some guy threatens to bring an end to the world...of Warcraft. It's up to Stan, Cartman, Kyle and Kenny to stop him.

If I had to sum up the episode in two words, they'd be "kick ass"! This episode has to be one of the best episodes in season 10, if not to date. Also, the boys' WoW characters having their actual voices makes it that much funnier, just like that episode, "Good Times with Weapons", which is another great episode, if i may add. It just goes to show you that when South Park pokes fun at a video game, only good things come out of it. One of the best episodes I've ever seen. Keep up the good work Trey and Matt!
  • YES! THIS WAS ONE COOL EPISODE!

This episode is definitley one of my favorites out of south park!!! I dont watch it a whole lot but I loved this episode so much!!! I downloaded it and watched it so many times allready. South park is such a funny show, and this show made history. I liked it especially because they didn't really kill Kenny but they killed his charactor and still said "He killed Kenny!" "You bast***!" This was one of my first episodes but I couldnt actually believe how good it was. Well in conclusion, this episode was one of south park's best! It was classic!
  • The boys of SOuth Park venture into the World of Warcraft World with mixed resuls as they battle for the survival of the game world.

This episode was great. With actuall footage from the World of Warcraft game created espacially for this episode it is one of the most visually stunning episodes of South Park I have ever seen. With the growth and popularity of World of Warcraft it is great to see tht they are not imune from South Park's unique brand of humor and were actually willing to participate in its creation with special animation just for this episode. The story pokes fun at how serious some people take these kinds of games, and in true South Park fashion has the boys go to ungodly lengths to succed in their goal. I particulary like how Kenny overexagerates himself as he does in otehr episodes to make up for the fact that he is, well himself in every episode and has gone through some pretty horriable events in his life. Like sharring a body with Cartman.

Overall this was an exellent episode that contiues the great decade long tradition of South Park.
  • 'Pivotal' and 'Exactly Why I Watch This Show' -- One Word? Epic.

What can words say to describe this episode? Parker and Stone have really taken South Park to the next level with this episode. It's clever, funny, well-written, well though out -- it had to be THE best cartoon episode I've ever seen in my life (and I can safely say that with no doubt). If you haven't seen this... do whatever you can so you do! One only needs to be familiar with computer games and computer "geeks" to enjoy this episode. This episode is EPIC. It will truly be the most legendary cartoon episode ever! Our grandchildren and grand-grandchildren will be talking about this episode.
  • This is so funny. Watch it sometime

This episode is about the boys getting all obsessed with World of Warcraft (actually a good game). Its really funny because they become fat slobs and play the game nonstop. The reason they start to play a lot is because they keep getting killed by this one guy. Its really funny. The guy is wearing a red helmet and some yellow pants. He’s not wearing anything else so he looks really weird. Right before he kills you he always does a funny dance, and that’s a nice twist. Anyway, the boys decide to stay in the forest killing boars which give you “like 2 experience points.” they go up 30 levels and decide to take on the guy. The battle gos on for around 13 hours but finally Stan’s dad brings them the sword of 1000 truths (he has a character as well). He got the sword from the games creators so that the boys could kill the red helmet guy. They slash him down and then Cartman smashes his head.
    Its way cool
    everyone should see it.
  • Very funny and gross!

this show is very funny! the episode is about cartman , stan , kyle and kenny play world of warcraft. they have to stop one of the best players on the game. he is a fat middle aged man who doesnt have a life. so how all of them have to stop him is to level up and destroy him. over the weeks they level up they become fat and start to get acne all over their faces. on the day they are ready to destroy the other gamer,stans dad interfers. they only way to stop the gamer is to use a holy sword. this is a wonder well written story of 4 friends on a mission.
  • WOW!!!...

This episode starts out were Cartman, Kyle, Stan, and Kenny playing world of warcraft. They run into a guy that kept on killing them the night before and then he killed them there without asking to battle or anything. They end up calling the company WOW and to tell them about the guy that kepts on killin them. Then the makers of the game complain that they cant kick bann him and that the guy has no life. So then it is up too Cartman to kill him so he gets everyone that he can to help him kill "The Guy". He gets his team of all of his friends(about 20 people) and charges at "The Guy" with his team and loses. Then everyone quit but Stan, Kyle, and Kenny so they train for 20 weeks killing hogs. After training they attack once agin but they still are having trouble then Stans dad gets a sword from the game maker and he gives it to stand and he weakens him and Cartman hits the final blow and kill "The Guy".
  • Basically a renegade player on world of warcraft achieves a level so high he can attack players without having to challenge the other player to a duel first. After much training the kids battle the renegade player. After a long battle they win.

This is by far one of the best South Parks ever made. I'd say the only one better that this is the one with Micheal Jeefferson. The cool thing about this episode is that half of the show is filmed on the actual World of Warcraft game. Not only that but the Sword of a Thousand Truths is a real sword on the game(in the Burning Crusade expansion). By sticking to the actual game rather than the normal South Park expansion they made this episode soooo much better. I don't actually play World of Warcraft but my friend does. Based on what he says the only thing i find wrong with this episode is that the rengegade player would just ressurect and go back to killing everyone.
  • This is my favorite episode of the new season.

This episode was a great way to kick start the new season of South Park. I love how intense the boys become about Warcraft, and even how Mr. Marsh gets into it.
    Watching the transformation from normal sizes boys (except for Cartman) to incredibly fat and acne stricken was absolutely hilarious.

The best part by far was when Cartman had to go to the bathroom while he was playing and didn't want to get up. He called his mom and see held a bowl in front of her and he just went. It got EVERYWHERE! It was so funny. I couldn't stop laughing.

This is so funny and I highly recommend it to everyone.
  • best espisode

make love not warcraft was one of the funniest espisodes i have ever seen. The story line was funi the game suks but i like ........... and yea blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah THERE I MADE THE 100 word count
  • This Episode of South park is showing an MMORPG which can cause problems to certain people or players. This game is called World of warcraft created by the Blizzard coorporation.

This Game shows all the problems that an MMORPG: ( Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) may create.
    In this episode we can see our four players being constantly killed by another player. This will make them furius and make them want to do all they can to kill him. They will stay over 20 hours Infront of a screen and won't do anything else. This episode could have many hidden messages, such as obesity problems and health issues create from playing too long on these games. I liked this episode for how they make fun of the gamers and their lifestyle. Some people have actually died playing blizzard games!!

Lets hope that those hardcore gamers see that episode and manage to break the spell these games have cast on them.
  • Best episode ever.

Production Code: 1008

Writer: Trey Parker

Director: Trey Parker

Summary: A mysterious gamer is logging on World of Warcraft and is killing innocent players. After killing all of the character these gamers are getting really frustrated and quickly other games. Now it’s up to Cartman, Kenny, Kyle, and Stan to kill this gamer's character so there would be peace in World of Warcraft.

Reaction: An amazing episode. Great beginning, a better middle, and a spectacular end.

Favourite quote: Cartman: Clyde, Clyde! If you had a chance right now to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it? I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he was awesome, but you would, right?
    Clyde: I'm just gonna stop playing.
    Cartman: When Hitler rose to power there were a lot of people who just stopped playing. You know who those people were? The French. Are you French, Clyde?
    Clyde: No.
    Cartman: Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, Clyde?
    Clyde: Alright, alright. I'll do it.

This episode was probably the best episode of television history.
  • haha i love this episode it frickin hillariose any one who dosn't like this episode is an artard lol

I love this episode i think its because of the fact i play world of war craft and thats why i understanded the episode but yea this was hillarise expecially when the playing non stop and there getting fat and disgusting and haha the sword that takes away all your money thats geniouse only if they had that in the real game that would be so kool well this is probly my faverite episode it made alot of sence
1 2 3 4 5