South Park

Make Love, Not Warcraft

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 04, 2006 on Comedy Central

Episode Fan Reviews page 5 of 5

• The episode poked fun at World of Warcraft and made me a fan again

I had some reservations when I first started seeing the advertisements for the "new season" (its actually the second half of season 10). But I was happy...no, overjoyed to see that the show returned to what made it the mega hit it is [current topics sprinkled with sardonic & satirical humor, without becoming preachy). That was the MAJOR problem with the first half the season, which actually started with one of the best episodes ever produced {"The return of Chef"}. Every episode after that was like my grandmother reading me Time magazine, while shoveling applesauce down my throat. Matt & Trey had forgotten (or so it seemed) to have fun and not take themselves sooooo seriously. "Make love, not Warcraft", was a giant leap backwards [which for the sake of this review is a good thing]. It revolved around the boys becoming obsessed with the insanely popular game, World of Warcraft. The episode definatly made fun of the game (& its players "They have no lives..."), but it made you somehow understand how and/or why they were that way. I enjoyed it 10x more, because I know people who have devoted hours upon hours to video games.

Also, Cartman s**t on his mom.....................yep

If the rest of the season is as perfect as this episode, they may have gotten me back in their corner (which I've been standing in for the last decade). I'm proud to be a fan of South Park, but if they f**k up again, I may have to start watching The Simpson's full time...and nobody wants that.
  • Now I see why I had to wait 5 months and 1 day for this. This episode is really funny!

All the kids, espically Cartman, Kyle, Kenny, and Stan, are mad because some guy from World of Warcraft keeps killing them. They soon realize he is to powerful to stop because he has played the game to much since he has no real life. The creators of WoW are worried that the guy will eventually kill everyone. Cartman comes up with plan. Cartman, Kyle, Stan, and Kenny stay in the forest killing boars to make them stronger. After weeks of killing the boars, they figure they can beat him. But, as they fight him, they slowely start to loose. The WoW people give Stan's dad a disk. On the disc is a special sword. Stan's dad logs on to his WoW name and finds Stan. He gives Stan the sword and using the sword, Stan, Kyle, Kenny, and Cartman kill the evil guy.
  • Oh gosh this episode was awesome and VERY funny! I wanna see it again!

I'm glad they finally made fun of those loser people who spend their entire day playing online games and do nothing else! I love video games but playing them(especially if it's just only 1 game!) all day long everyday is pathetic! It reminds me of my lame sister who is on the computer all day long everyday playing that even more lame game "Runescape". But anyways back to the ep. I LOVED how they showed the South Park boys in their computer game characters whenever they were playing. It was something new to the show and a good thing too. Stan's dad is by far the funniest dumb guy in the entire show! I love how he takes simple things so seriously like it's a life and death situation! And he cracks me up everytime he calls out for Stan! Just his voice and the way he says it! LOL! I would give the ep. a 10 but because of the nasty scene of Cartman crapping into a pot and all over his mom made me lower it a little, cause that was really gross. But I bet there are people out there who do that! But to the good points in the ep. I loved the Warcraft creators and how they were freaking out over the fat loser guy who was killing every character in the game. This ep. rocks!
  • A great episode to a really crappy MMO

This episode was interstellar. It made a great joke of the biggest online sensation since that one fat kid with the fake lightsaber. They put a new spin on the whole the series by actually in game graphic to act instead of the regular cardboard like animation. It showed how WoW player player talk and acted on TeamSpeak when they raid instead of having a life. THe Diarreha was the best part of the episode showing how obesssed WoW players could be. The Edisode also gives way to a possible sequel with perhaps a certain screaming WoW fanatic eh. This episode was spectacular.
  • yeah

by far one of my favourite south park episodes ever, the way they take World of Warcraft so seriously is hilarious, stan's father is the funniest and dumbest character in that, the fact that they didn't show any of south park was the best bit because it was showing you that they had no life, they just sat there and gained weight and took crap in a pot while there mother held, i wouldn't be suprised if some people actaully do that so they don't miss anything in the game which is really sad, i also loved how they took the piss out of World of Warcraft
  • part2

this was one of the best episodes ever finally 1 where us gamers can relate two it was the second best one they made they should make part two to this one where the man returns more powerful than ever or they make one where they are playing final fantasy an they have two kill the killers.
  • Back and forth comedy

The episode was funny, but it also stereotyped gamers and the WOW(World of Warcraft)community but the episode made somewhat of a point. Don't let video games take over your life. The point of the episode is sending a mixed message, but you can't miss the big picture, the episode was funny.
  • The World of Warcraft hits southpark and the kids get addicted and must team up to stop a a-hole who keeps killing them

This episode was a great start for the season in which the storyline focused on the boys in both southpark and in the online game World of Warcraft(WoW). In playing the game one day they come across a player who goes around killing innocent characters even though a duel was not announced or put through. To get thier characters up to stand a chance against this unknown fighter they stay in the forest sector slaying boars for 2 exp points slowly increasing thier levels during a 5 week time. The final battle was about to be fought against the boys and the unknown killer but they still weren't tough enough so the sword of 1000 deaths(i think that is it) was given to them by stan's father and the killer was brought down. In winning the battle randy's character was killed a sad day in WoW history. With slaying the killer the boys can now play the game.
    This episode was funny throught the whole thing from the characters that were chosen for each of the boys on the show to the classic scene with cartman taking a dump on his mother...a big boy..I would of liked to see more scenes with butter choosing characters that were already chosen...haven chosen the dwarf even though cartman was the dwarf..funny..

I give this episode a 9/10 keeep up the good work

Even though I have a life I might play this game slaying innocent lives until one day a group of four kids take me down.
  • One of the best episodes on South Park.

At first, I prayed that this episode doesn't suck, but now, it's one of the best episode of South Park history. It's about that the four boys and othr people are making a quest, suddenly, a guy who has been playing the game for at least one year. He keeps killing them, until Cartman gots an idea. They stayed on the computer at the same time for 3 weeks and so, and the final part was cool and interesting.
  • It was funny enough.. not in a way that you laugh all the time... the boys are newbies at WoW, and when a pro player, kills them just by fun, they decide to take a 3 week plot to revenge.

I don't actually agree with some users that say it was a way to get people to try WOW, or vice-versa .. just because they had the help of Blizzard, doesn't mean that they can't criticize it. It was not a laugh-out episode... but the dialogues between them, the excessive use of words that were part of the game, made it funny to hear. Maybe most of people won't laugh at words like "missiles of something", "i'm out of mana", "uber sweet" but, it's the transformation of Eric, Stan, Kyle and Kenny, into major pro's by killing boars, the "geek-addict" look and the complete knowledge of the game and its vocabulary that makes the comic aspect of this episode. The "drama through headsets" is also very funny :P
    Cheers, (first review, sorry if my english is bad)
  • PWNED!

As a person who appreciates gaming (though I'm not the obese gamer portrayed in the show), this is one of the best video-game/tv show adaptation in a long long time, if EVER. It was great that they used the actual game engine to tell this tale, and it was so relevant and funny that I'm still chuckling about it now. It captures the fanatic World of Warcraft owner, uses gamer-talk amongst the kids, and the Blizzard references were authentic (notice the Diablo II box cover in one of the conferences). World of Warcraft will be featured on one of those "I Love 2006" on VH1 (it already has been featured on Jeopardy), and this episode will definitely be tied to any memory of the game and its following.
  • best episode i've ever seen.

as a friend of a group of people (well, pretty much ALL my friends) who play WoW, i can honestly say this is the greatest episode ever. they way they presented WoW and the way they portrayed the players as never getting outside and having a life... so true! i've only played once, and have been DYING to play again, but my computers not good enough... and im afraid of becoming like my friends! they seriously play every free moment they have, and 2 of them (including my boyfriend) are Marines! basically, this was the greatest south park they have ever come up with... it was about freaking time someone decided to poke fun at World of Warcraft!!!
  • Wow, that was amazing.

South Park is back to their high-caliber work. The graphics were superb, and with the figures talking with the character voices, it came off as surreal.

I doubt these kind of games exist because I've never seen a game that can talk in a person's voice; however, it's a fantastic idea and I wouldn't be surprised if gamers created one after watching the episode.

Just excellent work all the way around, the buzz words, the idea, the characters turning into slobby nerds with no life, the over-dramatics on something that's nothing more than a game, the list goes on. Once again, South Park is the king of all animation.
  • Hallarious. I havent LOL'd at an episode of South Park in a while. Mainly because i play them over and over again on my Xbox360. But nonetheless, great episode. Great Job Matt and Trey.

This was one of the best episodes of the 10th season so far, followed by tsst, imho. Although the ending of tsst did kind of make it fall apart. This episode was totally classic to the end. Just about every MMO joke they made i got. It was great. "How do you give items again?" CLASSIC. The leet speek that the kids say, is just priceless. "We pwned him" Great. Trey and Matt really outdid themselves, aside from the new software that makes the shadows and what not, i felt like i was watchin ga classic episode. Although they did become a little preachy in the 10th season, this one clearly showed that their roots are still there. Keep up the great work guys.
  • The children of South Park (and Randy) have been playing World of Warcraft online. When one player starts killing everyone, Cartman and crew must become experts in order to stop him. The fate of the World...Of Warcraft lies is in their hands.

World of Warcraft was a great episode. It is very similar to Good Time with Weapons, which was the premier of season 8. In both episodes the kids along with many of their friends (which lead to some hillarious moments) escape to an alternate reality with brilliant alteregos. Randy Marsh plays a pivotal role in this episode which always leads to classic moments. Additionally, I love the way South Park tends to give their shows a cinematic over-the-top type feel, where even the seemingly smallest and insignificant problems escalate into saving the world. Sheer genius. This is similar to the marjorine episode as the boys try and recapture the time-travelling device as if mankind depended on it. Very strong ending as well. Highly reccomended for any fans of the show.
  • Episode pokes fun at the online gaming craze.

Has anyone noticed that South Park just keeps getting better and better?

Watch Kyle, Stan, Cartman and Kenny brave the world of online gaming, but in their quest, will they sacrifice too much?

Matt Stone and Trey Parker have created a gem of an episode here. Hilarious and well written, and with their ability to find humor in current trends, their show always seems fresh and funny. Loved it, and the ending (which has been a weak point of certain episodes of late) is HILARIOUS! I won\\\'t go into details, but I highly recommend watching this episode. Right up there with Awesom-O, The Death or Eric Cartman and Woodland Critter Christmas!
  • A nice episode based on a popular video game.

Okay I've never played World of Warcraft myself but anyway this episode shows you how addicting a game can get. The 4 boys get their own characters in the game. Cartman's characters is the boss of the others and Kyle's character is a girl! It's funny how the kids get fatter from playing on their computer and have no lives. In scene Cartman's Mom even brought out a bowl for Cartman to poop in!

Tweek (Who I don't think has said a word ever since Season 6.) actually has a couple of lines in this episode. This episode also starts with a new theme song wich is mostly a mix between Seasons 4.5 and 5 and Seasons 6-10.5. It's pretty catchy.

Overall this probably the best Season 10 episode yet and no South Park fan should miss it.
  • Always clever in their ways to approach the current trend and keep their viewers happy, Matt and Trey managed to pull another golden episode in their 10th season opener.

"Make Love, Not Warcraft" was a great way to kick off the new season. Not only hilarious in every right, but taking a jab at one of the world's largest MMO's ever (6 million people worldwide) was the best idea for a season opener they've had since Season Five. The plotline was tight, and dead on, even the game animations were hilarious. I love how they perfectly synched almost all of the games voice-overs. It made me laugh because it reminded me of an old dorm roommate and the way he played WoW. The episode had little plot-twists here and there, and I thought it very clever to see them defeat the uber-dork. I salute you Matt and Trey!
  • The boys play World of Warcraft and keep getting killed by another player, so they play nonstop for weeks, killing bores to get enough points to beat him.

Truely a great episode in my opinion. Love the remix of the theme. Hate the fact that it shows scenes from A Million Little Fibers.This episode is so great that I've almost forgotten that A Million Little Fibers was ever even created. Yea, many older episodes are better than this episode. Thats why I can only give it a 9.5 . I'm assuming most people will say good things about this episode (and they should) but I'm guessing that some people will say bad things about it also. I can't imagine what they'd say. I think it was great though.

BTW, this is my first review. It's really hard to reach the 100 word minimum.
  • Great way to kick of 10.5!

This episode totally pwned - I mean humiliated - fatass nerds who have no life other than computer games. It starts out with the 4 boys and their friends playing world of warcraft (useing real animation from the game). They go from simply enjoying a fun game to being obsessed when a odd -looking character kills everyone, including the 4 boy\'s characters, Randy\'s character, and many others. While trying to defeat him, the boys get fat and get acne from sitting at their computers 24/7 and doing absolutely nothing else. I won\'t spoil the rest for you. This episode is a MUST SEE if people who dedicate their lives to the computer scare you. ;D
  • a verry funny episode of south park

this episode was hilarious playing this computer game was a very funny and unique episode of south park what sucks is that this episode got a 7.0 rating this is wrong this episode is one the best hear me the best episode not really so i give this episode a 10.0 rating end of review
1 2 3 4 5 >