South Park

Make Love, Not Warcraft

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 04, 2006 on Comedy Central

• I seriously don't get most of the people's reviews...

Are you guys seriously thinking this was a commercial? They were fucking DIRTY!!! Seriously guys... they are telling you that you shouldn't waste your life on this stupid game... how dumb can you be? The same case with the britney episode, nobody on this site could tell they were actually saying the media was bullshit against britney and not otherwise. I would never ever want to buy this game now because of this episode (and I always wondered how the game would be, since you have to pay n' stuff) but now, I would rather play that hello kitty on adventure thing: YOU GO BUTTERS XD

Btw this episode obviously thought/teaches us alot: DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME ON WoW... unless you have no life ofcourse ;)
  • They finally made a comeback after all the lame episodes like A million Little Fibers and Cartoon Wars. This is exactly why i watch this show.

The episode was so funny becasue of the World of Warcraft game..I don't necessarily play world or warcraft but ive heard of it and ive played runescape and it seems somehow similiar to it..I luv how the guys kept saying they didnt have a name because they had fact the the four of them went out and started killing lvl 1 boars to raise like 30 lvls was hilarious..they have lvl 1 chickens on runescape and it takes 4ever to raise lvls with them...ud get bored with them in like 2 mins...The part at the end with stan and his dad where they made it all dramatic too was hilarious..These are the kinds of episodes i watch this show laugh a whole half hour...This episode is one of the best ones
  • perfect

stan, kyle, cartman and kenny are killed in world of warcraft by a strong player. worse, this player can kill anybody he wants. now the four friends need to level up and come up with a way to defeat this characer, once and for all.

good episode and a hilarious parody of world of warcraft. i don't play world of warcraft but i still thought this was a hilarious and well-done episode. nothing brought this episode down for me, so i give "Make Love, Not Warcraft" an A+ for a grade. really, a great episode of the show, i think
  • BATHROOM!!!!

This episode shows the south park boys as they get addicted to WOW (World of Warcraft) and the result is one of the best episodes ever made. In the episode, the boys are continusly killed by an opposing player while trying to complete quests. Eventually, Cartman rallies the boys to try and they train by killing a ton of boars and becoming obese in the process. Eventually they kill the player, and get back to playing the game itself.

Good: The pardoy of WOW was spot-on (this coming froma former addict himself), All the character's have some lines from Randy to Stan to Cartman, Graphics make pardoy even better

Bad: Nothing was truly bad about this episode, seriously.

Overall: Although season's 9 and 10 didn't really impress me, this one was truly amazing, and should be seen by any true SP fan or WOW player.
  • One of the best South Park episodes ever!

This episode as most South Park fans would say, would be said as one of the best South Park episodes ever. First of all, they did the thing they do best in this episode. Make the adults stupid. And the one fat-ass who was killing everybody in the World of Warcraft game was a perfect example of those kind of people. Creative storyline as well, and it was cool to see Cartman and the gang in World of Warcraft form. As well as that, Cartman was hilarious.

Great episode overall and one of the best episodes of all time. .
  • LIVE TO WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!

this episode rocks all around the negative things, all classic and super.make love not warcraft is definetly one of my top favorite has excellent action,uber adventure and total classic humor.and it won an emmy,and it deserved one.the story is about the boys buying world of warcraft,then suddenly an insane character keeps killing them for no reason.the boys decide to become a super high level by killing boars.after 7 or 3 weeks, they became a super high level and went of to kill the monster.another terrific job, is the use of randy.Randy saved world of warcraft by givin the boys the sword of truth.extremely funny and emmy winning.HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
  • Season 10, Episode 8.

LMAO! Great episode! I laughed when I saw that 40-something year old that always killed the boys. A renegade player threatens the Massively Multiplayer Online game World of Warcraft® and the fate of the game lay in the hands of Cartman, Kyle, Stan and Kenny. The same guy killed Randy! =] LMAO! I want to play it now. "If you could go back in time, would you stop Hitler I personally wouldn't, I thought he was awesome." LMAO Cartman! LMAO Butters gets the same character as Cartman! Kyle's a girl... Wow. Haha the kid was burning! Ike even got a character! Haha great episode!
  • Really great episode.

This is the first episode of South Park I ever watched. It's really frickin funny to say the least. I have played WoW and this is pretty similar to it. There are a few inaccuracy's that serve the plot, but they get the feel of WoW across.

The whole plot centers around a guy with no life who is killing players for no reason. The boys go to desperate measures to stop the player. Getting Butters off of Hello Kitty Island Adventure, convincing Craig that if he doesn't help he's French and abandoning there lives altogether to kill boars.

The last lines of the episode, after the defeat of the evil player are as follows.

Stan: So now what do we do?
    Cartman: What do you mean? Now we can play the game!
  • The best episode of all-time?

Who can not love this episode? It is so funny. It's funny because there alot of losers who play the game nearly every hour of every day. It's just such a great episode, the story is amazing, how there is a player on the game that is so strong he is the best player of all-time and then the kids want to take him down so that they can just finally play the game. This episode must be great to people who can relate to playing mmorpg's and know what it's like to try and complete a goal set by yourself.
  • This is a great episode that pokes fun of all the onlines games.Any one who has ever play a multiplayer online game will love this one.

This is a great episode that made me laugh so hard I was ready to spring a leak. I have play one or two online games and got addicted to them like everyone else and like me tell you this episode about sums up the online games. Anyone who has ever played an online multiplayer game will love this episode. This is an series clasic and I have yet to find anyone one who did not like "Make Love Not Warcraft". If you aren't into South Park now watch this episode and you will be into it very quickly. This episode is the bomb!
  • One of the best episodes of South Park

While this to me was one of the best episodes of SP ever, it may be a little biased. I was and still am completely addicted to WOW. This episode was incredibly clever, while there were some aspects of the episode that didnt make sense (the level of their characters and their action bars were empty), among other things, the episode was still great. It was another shining example of the witty and cleverness that Matt and Trey have when they make any episode. They jumped on the wagon at the right time to not only make fun of an already popular subject but to also indirectly boosts its popularity. South Park FTW
  • Im not a r-tard.

A renegade player threatens the Massively Multiplayer Online game World of Warcraft® and the fate of the game lay in the hands of Cartman, Kyle, Stan and Kenny. Ok, to start out with, I just have to say I loved this episode. I love the game World of Warcraft too so that made it even better for me. And I love computers in general so that helped too. This episode had to be the funniest episode of South Park ever created. Well, at least it is so far. I watch this episode over and over again. Tagline "Im not a r-tard..."-Randy Marsh.
  • A renegade player threatens the Massively Multiplayer Online game World of Warcraft and the fate of the game lay in the hands of Cartman, Kyle, Stan and Kenny.

This episode isn't really offensive to anyone, it has a few anti video gamer tones with if you play games you get fat. Well I am not fat, and I played video games ALOT. The episode is extremely funny with lots of jokes. I think the target audience was that of the middle age person, male or female. The effort placed into this episode was very cool.

Lots of product placement in this episode, basically a big commercial for Blizzard Entertainment and Best Buy. The episode actually shows Blizzard Headquarters and all the games created by Blizzard, how cool WoW is too. At this time of the show WoW had a showing of about 6 million players, its now over 10 million actual players.

Product placement for South Park isn't normally a problem but in this one there is lots of product placement, from Teamspeak to Dell Computers.

Overall this is my favorite episode of South Park, everyone knows some sort of reference they have heard in real life, after the airing of the episode, people i know that never watch the show where saying stuff that happened in it. This episode made World of Warcraft and South Park gigantic parts of the current Media Age.
  • Best episode I've ever seen.

This episode was about the game World of Warcraft. When Cartman, Stan, Kyle, and Kenny kept playing, they got killed every time by a guy that has no life. This episode is very weird. The creators are acting like World of Warcraft is real life. When they kept playing, they kept getting fatter and fatter. Cartman was just so fat! My favorite part was when Cartman and the others were playing and Cartman said "Mom, bathroom!" Then, Liane came down and took a giant crap in the toilet. She said "That's a big boy!" That's hilarious. I think this is probably the best episode of South Park. Overall, I give this great, fantastic, and the best episode of South Park a 10!
  • Seems impossible to make an episode so perfect like this.

The famous MMORPG "World of Warcraft" arrives to South Park and our kids have their own copy.
    Probably, one of the most funny episodes of the show with unforgettable scenes like the progress of the plan while we listen "Live to Win" or the evolution of Cartman, Stan, Kyle because of being in front of a monitor.

Using elements very well known for "World of Warcraft" players (the beginning of the episode) and memorable quotes like "Only one kind, whoever this person is, he has played World of Warcraft nearly every hour of every day for the past year and a half! Gentlemen, we are dealing with someone here who has absolutely no life." said by one member of Blizzard; South Park creators give us an instant classic of the show, a good reason to keep watching next episodes and a real warning to whom buried too soon one of the best animated series.
  • Hilarious episode.

I found this episode very interesting. I do not play World of Warcraft but I did play Rune Scape (another online game) for a while. This episode shows how obsessed kids can get with games. The episode is about the boys getting into World of Warcraft, then a really strong player takes over World of Warcraft and then starts killing everyone. Then they spend hundreds of hours leveling up. This was the Fall season 10 season premiere so they made it a very special episode. Overall this is a very funny episode and wether you are a big online gamer or a regular guy you should watch it.
  • A masterpiece.

This episode has everything. Randy going mental, Cartman rallying and commanding the troops, a storyline that's scarily plausible, a great montage sequence (with suitably inspiring music), Butters getting bullied, Cartman bullying his mom to name a few. The creators summed up everything about WoW that makes it cool while at the same time showing just how bizzarely unreal and life consuming it can be. Going by standards set when spoofing other themes (eg, Michael Jackson, Scientology, immigrants, gays, etc, etc) they depicted WoW as it really is: community of people where any ordinary person can become a hero. Simply put, best episode ever. Period.
  • I wasn't going to review but I accidentally pressed "Agree" on jimbo_001's review and felt this needed to be known as DEFINITELY an accident. lol ..because I don't see how ANYONE can give THIS episode a low score.

This episode to me was definitely one of the best. Not just because it was funny, but how it actually was a GREAT story. However crazy it may be, it is actually deep considering that if there actually was a player who was able to kill all characters at random(i don't know if it actually ever happened or is possible since I have never played World of Warcraft)-but ANYWAY this would be a huge problem for the makers and sellers of the game since they want people to buy it and enjoy it and not be irritated because they can't proceed causing them to stop playing and ultimately cut the company's profits-so that part was TOTALLY believable and logical. This was actually one of the few episodes where I am honestly interested in the plot since there normally are no REAL believable plots on Southpark and I normally watch only for the silly and hilarious antics of our gang. But THIS episode was a little more toned down on the silliness while maintaining the usual Southpark comedy as well. It also obviously got a lot more people interested in the World of Warcraft game because of how Beautiful the game looked(actually outshining the main set drawing of the real southpark world), and with the music also stepped up a notch for the game world and the awsomely drawn characters and movements(Cartman's Troll character looking at Butter's Troll character up and down as he walked into the game-priceless!). And when they actually KILLED the guy, I wanted to start clapping. lol They built up the battle REALLY well. It was all put together oh so nicely. Great Job Trey and Matt! You can see that they really put a little more work into THIS episode as opposed to the norm, which is usually tops in MY book(or at least more often than not). I mean, they can't ALL be amazing-especially with ONE person writing every episode-but THIS is definitely one of the GREAT ones.
  • i love this man i just loved watching i mean i watched it at least 30 times i mean the full episode when i found out about this episode i wanted to play so badly and be just like em haha but i aint as good as em but stan is awesome with his big sword lmao

i love this episode i literary watched it at least 30 times the full episode umm i wanna watch this thing one more time i loved it i loved the back ground music and the way they got so into the game and stuff and and when they actually kill him all those lil people come out and cheer for them lol they should of helped them i say but i liked it anyway ummm well iam a warrior like stan on the game and also a warlock both suck but lol i dont care i play for fun Peace
  • yeah

this is extually the best south park eppisode ever made, if you only think about it, in real live people can be really addictid to fideo games as they are. other eppisode (such as scot tannerman must die) are also really brilliant but not as brilliant as this one.
    it is awsome!!
    this really is a must see, if you are a treu south park fan but mist this eppiso you mus fall down on the floar right now an burst into tears, case this is THE best eppisode of south park.
    i will devinitly tune in when the next eppisode airs!!
    if you dont think the same about this eppisode as me please let me know

• the boys attempt to stop a renegade player threatening to destroy every character in World of Warcraft.

this was absolutely one of the best South Park episodes ever. although i don't play world of warcraft, i liked how most of this episode took place in a computer game environment. for me the funniest scene in the game portion of the episode was when you find out that kyle's little brother ike has a world of warcraft character. he's only like 2 years old. the best scence outside of the computer gaming world was when cartmen had to take a crap and his mom was holding the toilet and cartmen crapped all over his mom and she didn't seem to care. what a great episode.
  • This is one of the funniest South Parks ever, for many reasons.

"Make Love not Warcraft" is one of the funniest episodes in South Park history. Showing the boys as actual characters in the game was hilarious. Stan's dad trying to join in was awesome. I loved how the guy that was killing their characters off was depicted as a fat lazy slob. It was a great parody of online computer gaming and some of the more obsessive people who play it. You know that the people who are the highest levels in online games are just like that guy. Fat, pimply and pale. It was awesome when they showed the Blizzard executives, and they kept saying "This could be the end of the world.......of Warcraft!"
    But the best part of the episode was the last sequence when the boys all got fat, and Cartman crapped all over his mom. One of the most memorable scenes ever.
  • 10/10

One of my favorite episodes of South Park.

The episode starts out with them all playing World Of Warcraft. There doing quests and stuff. Then some guy comes up and kills them all (without them accepting to a duel). There pissed off so they hold a meeting, for every kid in South Park that plays World Of Warcraft to log in at the same time and try to kill him. He summons scorpions and kills them all. They call Blizzard (creator of World Of Warcraft) and complain that there characters are always getting killed. The people at Blizzard try to ban him, but the guy always kills the administrators. Cartman has an idea to kill boars until they get to a high enough level to kill him. Kyle, Stan, Kenny and Cartman all get really fat because they play on there computer for basically two weeks straight. After two weeks of training, they all decide it's time to attack the person who kills everyone. The people at blizzard notice how many levels they gained and they calculated there levels and they found out, even with how many levels they've gained, it's still impossible to kill him. Unless, they use a sword called "Sword of 1000 Truths". They have to get that sword to them before they die! They fly to South Park, but Kyle, Stan, Kenny and Cartman have already started the battle. The people from Blizzard go to Stan's house, and his dad tells the people from Blizzard that they went somewhere to play World Of Warcraft. There only chance of getting the sword to them is to log on, and give it to them in the game. They log on to Stan's dad's account. He's only level two, so he could die with one hit. He gets there just in time to give Stan's character the sword. Stan kills the guy, and World Of Warcraft is safe again. Kyle, Stan, Kenny and Cartman can all play World Of Warcraft again without getting killed.
  • 'Pivotal' and 'Exactly Why I Watch This Show' -- One Word? Epic.

What can words say to describe this episode? Parker and Stone have really taken South Park to the next level with this episode. It's clever, funny, well-written, well though out -- it had to be THE best cartoon episode I've ever seen in my life (and I can safely say that with no doubt). If you haven't seen this... do whatever you can so you do! One only needs to be familiar with computer games and computer "geeks" to enjoy this episode. This episode is EPIC. It will truly be the most legendary cartoon episode ever! Our grandchildren and grand-grandchildren will be talking about this episode.
  • best espisode

make love not warcraft was one of the funniest espisodes i have ever seen. The story line was funi the game suks but i like ........... and yea blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah THERE I MADE THE 100 word count
  • This Episode of South park is showing an MMORPG which can cause problems to certain people or players. This game is called World of warcraft created by the Blizzard coorporation.

This Game shows all the problems that an MMORPG: ( Massive Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game) may create.
    In this episode we can see our four players being constantly killed by another player. This will make them furius and make them want to do all they can to kill him. They will stay over 20 hours Infront of a screen and won't do anything else. This episode could have many hidden messages, such as obesity problems and health issues create from playing too long on these games. I liked this episode for how they make fun of the gamers and their lifestyle. Some people have actually died playing blizzard games!!

Lets hope that those hardcore gamers see that episode and manage to break the spell these games have cast on them.
  • Best episode ever.

Production Code: 1008

Writer: Trey Parker

Director: Trey Parker

Summary: A mysterious gamer is logging on World of Warcraft and is killing innocent players. After killing all of the character these gamers are getting really frustrated and quickly other games. Now it’s up to Cartman, Kenny, Kyle, and Stan to kill this gamer's character so there would be peace in World of Warcraft.

Reaction: An amazing episode. Great beginning, a better middle, and a spectacular end.

Favourite quote: Cartman: Clyde, Clyde! If you had a chance right now to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it? I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he was awesome, but you would, right?
    Clyde: I'm just gonna stop playing.
    Cartman: When Hitler rose to power there were a lot of people who just stopped playing. You know who those people were? The French. Are you French, Clyde?
    Clyde: No.
    Cartman: Voulez-vous coucher avec moi, Clyde?
    Clyde: Alright, alright. I'll do it.

This episode was probably the best episode of television history.
  • haha i love this episode it frickin hillariose any one who dosn't like this episode is an artard lol

I love this episode i think its because of the fact i play world of war craft and thats why i understanded the episode but yea this was hillarise expecially when the playing non stop and there getting fat and disgusting and haha the sword that takes away all your money thats geniouse only if they had that in the real game that would be so kool well this is probly my faverite episode it made alot of sence
  • OMG! South Park is so on point!!

I am around so many people who are constantly playing World of Warcraft! This episode is so true! My sibling is this passionate about playing this stupid game! I mean, this game really is the only life that some people have and it is so pathetic! I do not understand how people can play this game for like 20 hours straight! South Park may have exaggerated a bit on how addicted people really are, but this episode was on point about how these people talk about this game like a part of their lives and the words they use and how you'll find the mother not caring and that's a big deal and then these old random people who play this game as a life profession, it is so PATHETIC and wierd! I just want to commend the writeers on this installment of South Park. They could not have captured the essence of this game and what it does to people any better!!!!
  • This episode made me a bigger fan of this show than ever before.

I'm amazed that Matt and Trey had created this episode, because it looks kind of hard to do. The idea of our favorite characters playing one of the best MMORPG games of all time is a fantastic idea, as it gives them plenty of story lines to do for an episode. And it involves a guy who can wipe out just about anyone who plays it, as he killed 5000 players without dying once! Impossible, but it happened, and Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny had to spend every day playing the game just to beat him, and they got all fat and sloppy while at all. This is one of those episodes that show that South Park can be in the top 10 best shows on It could be the best episode ever created. Overall, I never saw a dull moment, and when Season 10 comes out on DVD, and if I buy it, I will see this one first. BEST, EPISODE, EVER.
< 1 2 3 4 5