South Park

Make Love, Not Warcraft

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 04, 2006 on Comedy Central

• Season 10, Episode 8.

LMAO! Great episode! I laughed when I saw that 40-something year old that always killed the boys. A renegade player threatens the Massively Multiplayer Online game World of Warcraft® and the fate of the game lay in the hands of Cartman, Kyle, Stan and Kenny. The same guy killed Randy! =] LMAO! I want to play it now. "If you could go back in time, would you stop Hitler I personally wouldn't, I thought he was awesome." LMAO Cartman! LMAO Butters gets the same character as Cartman! Kyle's a girl... Wow. Haha the kid was burning! Ike even got a character! Haha great episode!
  • LIVE TO WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!

this episode rocks all around the world.no negative things, all classic and super.make love not warcraft is definetly one of my top favorite episodes.it has excellent action,uber adventure and total classic humor.and it won an emmy,and it deserved one.the story is about the boys buying world of warcraft,then suddenly an insane character keeps killing them for no reason.the boys decide to become a super high level by killing boars.after 7 or 3 weeks, they became a super high level and went of to kill the monster.another terrific job, is the use of randy.Randy saved world of warcraft by givin the boys the sword of truth.extremely funny and emmy winning.HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
  • One of the best episodes of South Park

While this to me was one of the best episodes of SP ever, it may be a little biased. I was and still am completely addicted to WOW. This episode was incredibly clever, while there were some aspects of the episode that didnt make sense (the level of their characters and their action bars were empty), among other things, the episode was still great. It was another shining example of the witty and cleverness that Matt and Trey have when they make any episode. They jumped on the wagon at the right time to not only make fun of an already popular subject but to also indirectly boosts its popularity. South Park FTW
  • Seems impossible to make an episode so perfect like this.

The famous MMORPG "World of Warcraft" arrives to South Park and our kids have their own copy.
    Probably, one of the most funny episodes of the show with unforgettable scenes like the progress of the plan while we listen "Live to Win" or the evolution of Cartman, Stan, Kyle because of being in front of a monitor.

Using elements very well known for "World of Warcraft" players (the beginning of the episode) and memorable quotes like "Only one kind, whoever this person is, he has played World of Warcraft nearly every hour of every day for the past year and a half! Gentlemen, we are dealing with someone here who has absolutely no life." said by one member of Blizzard; South Park creators give us an instant classic of the show, a good reason to keep watching next episodes and a real warning to whom buried too soon one of the best animated series.
  • A masterpiece.

This episode has everything. Randy going mental, Cartman rallying and commanding the troops, a storyline that's scarily plausible, a great montage sequence (with suitably inspiring music), Butters getting bullied, Cartman bullying his mom to name a few. The creators summed up everything about WoW that makes it cool while at the same time showing just how bizzarely unreal and life consuming it can be. Going by standards set when spoofing other themes (eg, Michael Jackson, Scientology, immigrants, gays, etc, etc) they depicted WoW as it really is: community of people where any ordinary person can become a hero. Simply put, best episode ever. Period.
  • Whenever all the South Park kids are involved this show will be good. This is not just good, it is my second favorite episode.

This episode is a perfect example of why I watch the show and why I choose this as my favorite show! When the boys take fads and culture waay to seriously and Matt and Trey devote the entire episode to it. Examples the return of the fellowship to the two towers, good times with weapons, and the one where they had the south park sexy action news. In fact, the return of the fellowship is the only episode I laughed more in than this. There were definitely enough funny parts in this episode to make up for the rest of season 10. This is how it should always be.
  • South Park at its finest

This episode really hits the spot. A fun and relevant topic that gives Cartman AND Randy the chance to shine and loaded down with jokes.

Of course what they say about WoW is inaccurate - You cant just level killing boars in Eylwin Forest. It would have been nice to see more of WoW also, but all this hardly matters for such a brilliantly executed episode.

This beats all of south Parks other commercial episodes - be it the one of the PSP, Wii or guitar hero. As far as I concerned its also home to one of the most solidy written episode. This episode was a pure joy that is easily in my top 5 best episodes.
  • The boys enter the World of Warcraft to do battle against a powerful villain.

This episode fits the South Park formula, but is very entertaining to watch. Most of the entertainment value comes from seeing the Warcraft animation that is featured throughout the episode, and the characters\' voices over the animation. The kicker is the final scene, when the boys defeat the villain and Stan and his father share a dramatic scene in which Randy\'s character dies after saving the day.

While this episode does nothing new for the series (it reminded me of the \"Good Times With Weapons\" episode), it is definitely entertaining to watch. The episode ends with the boys all fat and pimply from playing on the computer too much.

While online gaming is considered, by some, \"socializing\", the episode makes the point, again and again, that these extreme video-gamers have no lives. The evidence of this is the villain of the episode, a fat guy.
  • BATHROOM!!!!

This episode shows the south park boys as they get addicted to WOW (World of Warcraft) and the result is one of the best episodes ever made. In the episode, the boys are continusly killed by an opposing player while trying to complete quests. Eventually, Cartman rallies the boys to try and they train by killing a ton of boars and becoming obese in the process. Eventually they kill the player, and get back to playing the game itself.

Good: The pardoy of WOW was spot-on (this coming froma former addict himself), All the character's have some lines from Randy to Stan to Cartman, Graphics make pardoy even better

Bad: Nothing was truly bad about this episode, seriously.

Overall: Although season's 9 and 10 didn't really impress me, this one was truly amazing, and should be seen by any true SP fan or WOW player.
    10/10
  • One of the best South Park episodes ever!

This episode as most South Park fans would say, would be said as one of the best South Park episodes ever. First of all, they did the thing they do best in this episode. Make the adults stupid. And the one fat-ass who was killing everybody in the World of Warcraft game was a perfect example of those kind of people. Creative storyline as well, and it was cool to see Cartman and the gang in World of Warcraft form. As well as that, Cartman was hilarious.

Great episode overall and one of the best episodes of all time. .
  • Really great episode.

This is the first episode of South Park I ever watched. It's really frickin funny to say the least. I have played WoW and this is pretty similar to it. There are a few inaccuracy's that serve the plot, but they get the feel of WoW across.

The whole plot centers around a guy with no life who is killing players for no reason. The boys go to desperate measures to stop the player. Getting Butters off of Hello Kitty Island Adventure, convincing Craig that if he doesn't help he's French and abandoning there lives altogether to kill boars.

The last lines of the episode, after the defeat of the evil player are as follows.

Stan: So now what do we do?
    Cartman: What do you mean? Now we can play the game!
  • The best episode of all-time?

Who can not love this episode? It is so funny. It's funny because there alot of losers who play the game nearly every hour of every day. It's just such a great episode, the story is amazing, how there is a player on the game that is so strong he is the best player of all-time and then the kids want to take him down so that they can just finally play the game. This episode must be great to people who can relate to playing mmorpg's and know what it's like to try and complete a goal set by yourself.
  • This is a great episode that pokes fun of all the onlines games.Any one who has ever play a multiplayer online game will love this one.

This is a great episode that made me laugh so hard I was ready to spring a leak. I have play one or two online games and got addicted to them like everyone else and like me tell you this episode about sums up the online games. Anyone who has ever played an online multiplayer game will love this episode. This is an series clasic and I have yet to find anyone one who did not like "Make Love Not Warcraft". If you aren't into South Park now watch this episode and you will be into it very quickly. This episode is the bomb!
  • Im not a r-tard.

A renegade player threatens the Massively Multiplayer Online game World of Warcraft® and the fate of the game lay in the hands of Cartman, Kyle, Stan and Kenny. Ok, to start out with, I just have to say I loved this episode. I love the game World of Warcraft too so that made it even better for me. And I love computers in general so that helped too. This episode had to be the funniest episode of South Park ever created. Well, at least it is so far. I watch this episode over and over again. Tagline "Im not a r-tard..."-Randy Marsh.
  • Plots about boys just being boys are the best.

These types of plots truly capture the feel of the old episodes. I'm not saying the political ones are bad, but the best episodes are the ones about the boys just being boys. Matt and Trey themselves have expressed that. This is one of those episodes.

There were many hilarious parts involving Randy, Ike, Butters, and Tweek. "I'm not a artard..." "I go poop my pants!" "I like Hello Kitty: Island Adventure better than this..." "AHHH I'M BURNING!" There were other great quotes too, such as "How do you kill that which has no life?" I also love when Randy's character was dying and we cut back to him at Best Buy making moaning sounds into the mic. Great, hilarious stuff.

In conclusion, this episode was uber pwnage. I hope the rest of Season 10 is like this. With episodes such as Cartoon Wars (Parts I and II), Tsst, and Make Love, Not Warcraft, Season 10 is turning out to be one of South Park's best seasons.
  • A freak of World of Warcraft is killing everyone online non-stop. It's up to the boys to stop this life-less person before the Warcraft world comes to an end. The boys play for about a month non-stop so they can get higher levels and defeat the tyr

This episode is exactly why I watch South Park, its extemely funny to watch. It was so funny when Cartman crapped all over his mum when he was on the computer.
    I still don't know how someone could play World Of Warcraft non-stop like that, its freakishly terrifying.
    the fat lard guy must have been taught by his parents when he was a baby how to play World Of Warcraft.
    I thought Cartman's charater was a perfect representation of himself and of this kid I know who is called Maxx. Maxx is fat, selfish and over-endulged.
    But still one question remains, the ultimate one in this episode.
    "How do you kill one whom has no life?"
    LOL!!!
  • 10 seasons of this show and it looks like it ain't slowin' down soon!

Wow, no, not "WoW", "wow". 10 seasons and they continue with awesome parodies and episodes. Finally, they hit a point where I think they're really back into the game. I was wondering when comedy shows like this and "Family Guy" were going to make fun of a real popular game, and the guys of SP decided to choose one of the most popular ones, "World of Warcraft". What's awesome about this is that I've never seen machinima in a comedy like South Park and do it so well. The boys of South Park as WoW characters, them turning into the "advanced" players by leveling up so fast (I could NEVER be that patient) and by using the internet language words such as "pwnage", it's just what a person wants to see in a parody about a game that actually changed peoples' lives in good and bads ways, lol.

Overall, favorite episode out of all, and done a great job with connecting to the real game as well, including real places like "Azeroth" and "Goldshire" fomr the game. And lastly, congrats to the guys of SP for winning the emmy and for Blizzard for helping them win it!

TMT
  • They finally made a comeback after all the lame episodes like A million Little Fibers and Cartoon Wars. This is exactly why i watch this show.

The episode was so funny becasue of the World of Warcraft game..I don't necessarily play world or warcraft but ive heard of it and ive played runescape and it seems somehow similiar to it..I luv how the guys kept saying they didnt have a name because they had lives...lol..The fact the the four of them went out and started killing lvl 1 boars to raise like 30 lvls was hilarious..they have lvl 1 chickens on runescape and it takes 4ever to raise lvls with them...ud get bored with them in like 2 mins...The part at the end with stan and his dad where they made it all dramatic too was hilarious..These are the kinds of episodes i watch this show for...to laugh a whole half hour...This episode is one of the best ones
  • perfect

stan, kyle, cartman and kenny are killed in world of warcraft by a strong player. worse, this player can kill anybody he wants. now the four friends need to level up and come up with a way to defeat this characer, once and for all.

good episode and a hilarious parody of world of warcraft. i don't play world of warcraft but i still thought this was a hilarious and well-done episode. nothing brought this episode down for me, so i give "Make Love, Not Warcraft" an A+ for a grade. really, a great episode of the show, i think
  • A renegade player threatens the Massively Multiplayer Online game World of Warcraft and the fate of the game lay in the hands of Cartman, Kyle, Stan and Kenny.

This episode isn't really offensive to anyone, it has a few anti video gamer tones with if you play games you get fat. Well I am not fat, and I played video games ALOT. The episode is extremely funny with lots of jokes. I think the target audience was that of the middle age person, male or female. The effort placed into this episode was very cool.

Lots of product placement in this episode, basically a big commercial for Blizzard Entertainment and Best Buy. The episode actually shows Blizzard Headquarters and all the games created by Blizzard, how cool WoW is too. At this time of the show WoW had a showing of about 6 million players, its now over 10 million actual players.

Product placement for South Park isn't normally a problem but in this one there is lots of product placement, from Teamspeak to Dell Computers.

Overall this is my favorite episode of South Park, everyone knows some sort of reference they have heard in real life, after the airing of the episode, people i know that never watch the show where saying stuff that happened in it. This episode made World of Warcraft and South Park gigantic parts of the current Media Age.
  • Best episode I've ever seen.

This episode was about the game World of Warcraft. When Cartman, Stan, Kyle, and Kenny kept playing, they got killed every time by a guy that has no life. This episode is very weird. The creators are acting like World of Warcraft is real life. When they kept playing, they kept getting fatter and fatter. Cartman was just so fat! My favorite part was when Cartman and the others were playing and Cartman said "Mom, bathroom!" Then, Liane came down and took a giant crap in the toilet. She said "That's a big boy!" That's hilarious. I think this is probably the best episode of South Park. Overall, I give this great, fantastic, and the best episode of South Park a 10!
  • I wasn't going to review but I accidentally pressed "Agree" on jimbo_001's review and felt this needed to be known as DEFINITELY an accident. lol ..because I don't see how ANYONE can give THIS episode a low score.

This episode to me was definitely one of the best. Not just because it was funny, but how it actually was a GREAT story. However crazy it may be, it is actually deep considering that if there actually was a player who was able to kill all characters at random(i don't know if it actually ever happened or is possible since I have never played World of Warcraft)-but ANYWAY this would be a huge problem for the makers and sellers of the game since they want people to buy it and enjoy it and not be irritated because they can't proceed causing them to stop playing and ultimately cut the company's profits-so that part was TOTALLY believable and logical. This was actually one of the few episodes where I am honestly interested in the plot since there normally are no REAL believable plots on Southpark and I normally watch only for the silly and hilarious antics of our gang. But THIS episode was a little more toned down on the silliness while maintaining the usual Southpark comedy as well. It also obviously got a lot more people interested in the World of Warcraft game because of how Beautiful the game looked(actually outshining the main set drawing of the real southpark world), and with the music also stepped up a notch for the game world and the awsomely drawn characters and movements(Cartman's Troll character looking at Butter's Troll character up and down as he walked into the game-priceless!). And when they actually KILLED the guy, I wanted to start clapping. lol They built up the battle REALLY well. It was all put together oh so nicely. Great Job Trey and Matt! You can see that they really put a little more work into THIS episode as opposed to the norm, which is usually tops in MY book(or at least more often than not). I mean, they can't ALL be amazing-especially with ONE person writing every episode-but THIS is definitely one of the GREAT ones.
  • This episode made me a bigger fan of this show than ever before.

I'm amazed that Matt and Trey had created this episode, because it looks kind of hard to do. The idea of our favorite characters playing one of the best MMORPG games of all time is a fantastic idea, as it gives them plenty of story lines to do for an episode. And it involves a guy who can wipe out just about anyone who plays it, as he killed 5000 players without dying once! Impossible, but it happened, and Stan, Kyle, Cartman and Kenny had to spend every day playing the game just to beat him, and they got all fat and sloppy while at all. This is one of those episodes that show that South Park can be in the top 10 best shows on TV.com. It could be the best episode ever created. Overall, I never saw a dull moment, and when Season 10 comes out on DVD, and if I buy it, I will see this one first. BEST, EPISODE, EVER.
  • This episode is so hilarious I can't stop laughing.

This episode was so amazing and cool I can't stop watching it the boys were playing World of Warcraft and so guy who was a higher level then them so they ask their other friends to help but it didn't worked. So Cartman has an idea by killing boars which they are worth 2 EXP so they trained for about two months and they got so fat and lazy they kept on playing until they kill the high level player and Stan got a legendary sword from his Dad from the people from World of Warcraft, and Stan used it and the guy was finally beaten by a bunch of 9 year olds. This episode deserves a perfect 10.
  • This could be in the all time top 3 South Park episodes of all time!

I have never played Warcraft, but I have played on-line games before and the mindset that is portrayed in this episode is classic. Actually, Stan's dad steals the half hour with his sudden embrace of the Warcraft game and the high emotion that he puts into his level 2 hunter. Perhaps the best line of the episode is "Out here I am I simple geologist, but in here, I am Falcorn, defender of the alliance, I have fought (all the things he listed only to have the super nerd stab him in the back and walk off)" Co-worker, "Looks like that other guy killed you." Randy Marsh, "Why!? Whyyyyyyy?!"
  • absolutely hilarious, especially if you know people who waste their life on this game.

south park every once in a while will pop out an absolutely hilarious episode. this was the funniest episode they've ever made. i swear to god, i literally know kids that sat on their computers all day every day during the summer just playing this game, not leaving their house once. its so pathetic, but soooo hilarious. thank you south park, thank you for once again pin pointing how much i hate something (except when you did it to family guy, that wasn't funny). this continues to be one of the funniest shows on television. many seasons to come! MOM! BATHROOM! BATHROOM!
  • I need to play World of Warcraft! Seriously it looks really fun after watching this episode!

This would be one of my other favorite episodes next to "Best Friends Forever". The even used internet slang in this, I mean you can't beat Cartman saying, "Looks like your going to get pwned."

I was LOLing during the entire episode and made me think about getting WoW. Looks fun and interesting, and time consuming. Even though I'll have the risk of not having a lif-wait; I already don't have one :-P.

Pros:
    -Funny
    -Cartman getter fat(ter)
    -Stan, Kyle, and Kenny getting fat
    -World of Warcraft

Cons:
    What cons?

So it was a pretty awsome to da max episode! And just have one thing to say, FOR THE HORDE!
  • The episode poked fun at World of Warcraft and made me a fan again

I had some reservations when I first started seeing the advertisements for the "new season" (its actually the second half of season 10). But I was happy...no, overjoyed to see that the show returned to what made it the mega hit it is [current topics sprinkled with sardonic & satirical humor, without becoming preachy). That was the MAJOR problem with the first half the season, which actually started with one of the best episodes ever produced {"The return of Chef"}. Every episode after that was like my grandmother reading me Time magazine, while shoveling applesauce down my throat. Matt & Trey had forgotten (or so it seemed) to have fun and not take themselves sooooo seriously. "Make love, not Warcraft", was a giant leap backwards [which for the sake of this review is a good thing]. It revolved around the boys becoming obsessed with the insanely popular game, World of Warcraft. The episode definatly made fun of the game (& its players "They have no lives..."), but it made you somehow understand how and/or why they were that way. I enjoyed it 10x more, because I know people who have devoted hours upon hours to video games.

Also, Cartman s**t on his mom.....................yep

If the rest of the season is as perfect as this episode, they may have gotten me back in their corner (which I've been standing in for the last decade). I'm proud to be a fan of South Park, but if they f**k up again, I may have to start watching The Simpson's full time...and nobody wants that.
  • One of the best episodes on South Park.

At first, I prayed that this episode doesn't suck, but now, it's one of the best episode of South Park history. It's about that the four boys and othr people are making a quest, suddenly, a guy who has been playing the game for at least one year. He keeps killing them, until Cartman gots an idea. They stayed on the computer at the same time for 3 weeks and so, and the final part was cool and interesting.
  • best episode i've ever seen.

as a friend of a group of people (well, pretty much ALL my friends) who play WoW, i can honestly say this is the greatest episode ever. they way they presented WoW and the way they portrayed the players as never getting outside and having a life... so true! i've only played once, and have been DYING to play again, but my computers not good enough... and im afraid of becoming like my friends! they seriously play every free moment they have, and 2 of them (including my boyfriend) are Marines! basically, this was the greatest south park they have ever come up with... it was about freaking time someone decided to poke fun at World of Warcraft!!!
< 1 2 3 4 5