South Park

Mecha-Streisand

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Feb 18, 1998 on Comedy Central

• My all time-favourite episode of South Park.

I adore this episode so much. It is absolutely hilarious and has many celebrities featured in the storyline (even though they are voiced by other people). I am a great fan of the Godzilla films and this episode obviously tries to spoof them as well as including spoofs of other Japanese monsters like Mothra.

I love everything about this episode apart from Kenny's death, it was poor and you could tell the writers didn't think of a cleverly plotted one. Probably because they had to think more about the main plot which anybody can understand and forgive them for. Mecha-Streisand's roar sounds a lot like the official Godzilla roar which I think is good.

Overall, I think this episode is the best episode of South Park ever and is definately worth watching.
  • Loved every minute

I don't like anything about Barbera Streisand, so thats probably why I love this episode so much.

I loved the point where people were turning into things to fight Streisand like Sidney Poitier and Chef made some remark about just how ridiculous this situation was.

It was just ridiculous, but it was all in good fun at the same time. You can tell Matt and Trey don't mind treading on celebrities feet, they just do it to make something incredibly entertaining.

Even though this makes no sense whatsoever its still loads of fun!!!
  • A series classic...

This episode, had a good plot and had funny moments and quotes added to it. This was another great episode from trey & Matt.

Humour: Perfect: Adorably, this episode had all the jokes funny. When someone tried a attend to be funny. It always work.

The plot, once again amuses me. Espacially this time, since they added humour to a clever plot-wise episode.

The fight scenes are amazing. This makes the fighting scene in "Damien" fell like it never existed. The fights in this episode are amazing that it adds drama and comedy at the same time.

This episode is good for everyone. if your in a bad, good mood. You can still watch this episode with many laughts and enjoy the plot of the episode.
  • Babra Streisand tries to take over the world. Cartman and Kyle fight over a triangle, which Babra needs.

Kyle finds a triangle and gives it to Cartman. Babra Streisand learns of this and attempts to get the triangle, so she can take over the world. Chef teams up with someone to help find the boys. Babra gets the triangle and turns into a monster. Can the boys and Chef stop her? Yes, but they need Robert Smith. One of the best, if not THE best, episode of Season 1. A deffient watch!
  • The episode that makes fun of Barbara Streisand.

Here is my review for this funny episode of "South Park". It's called "Mecha-Streisand", and I wanted to make a review for it before I forget. Anyway, it is about the kids digging for arrowheads on a field trip, when all of a sudden, Cartman finds a strange triangle and tosses it aside. Kyle finds it and keeps it, and Cartman wants it back. As Cartman desperately tries to get it back, the boys meet Barbara Streisand, who is after the triangle that Kyle kept. Chef then meets Leonard Maltin, who tells him about why Barbara is after the triangle. Just as Kyle gives it back to Cartman (just so he'll shut up about it), Barbara lures them to her mansion and tortures them until she gets it. With it, she transforms into "Mecha-Streisand" and terrorizes South Park. Leonard Maltin and Sidney Poitier arrive to stop her, but they are no match. Luckily, Robert Smith (of a band called "The Cure") shows up and defeats her himself. This episode is really funny the first time I saw it, and I still crack up each time I see it. Simply one of the best episodes of Season 1.
  • If there was a giant poster of Barbra Streisand replacing the Shanghai World Financial Center, people would think that she's attacking us. Actually, at least Shanghai. I'm an American, though. You get the point.. do you? Warning: Contains spoilers.

This episode wasn't the best idea for an episode of South Park. I don't really hate Barbra Streisand and care about her, but the creators of South Park actually do. Anyways, this episode was a sign of their hatred for her, and I thought it was a bad way to do so. The Cure? I mean, what got them to do that? Well, I know Matt Stone or Trey Parker liked him, but still.. that's just random stuff in this episode.

Well, Barbra Streisand finds the remaining triangle piece that she needed to get stronger and become Mega-Streisand. The boys are in desperate need to find someone to stop her.

This episode was okay, but not really the best episode in the world. I like the idea a little of Mega-Streisand, though. Barbra Streisand does seem like a total mean person in this episode.
  • So Barbra Streisand is a maniacal b*tch who is bent on taking over the world, I think we all knew that...

I think this Season 1 episode is middle of the pack. It wasn't so much the lines that made me laugh, but the storyline. What better way to show pure hatred for Barbra Streisand then by turning her into a huge dinosaur like, hell-bent maniacal b*tch whose only fan turns out to be the b*tch of the town, too. I just had to laugh. The best bits were of course Cartman roshamboing everyone, but then getting roshamboed himself and of course the lengths he would go to to get his triangle back. You kinda feel sorry for Barbra Streisand, but then you remember, it's Barbra Streisand!
  • Great episode. If you have not seen it, buy season 1 on DVD just to see it, you won't regret it!

Wow, this episode is flipping great. And it came all the way from season 1. That is awesome. Basically Barbra Streisand has been searching for these capsules all her life. She has one. She just needs one more to complete it. When she gets these, she will turn into a Godzilla type robot creature thing. She finds out they found one in South Park, when the kids were at a archaeological dig. She flys in, retrieves it, and turns into Mrs. Streisand B****, to Mrs. Streisand MEGA B****. Watch out South Park, looks like you are in some big trouble here. I won't say the ending, but it is hilarious. Some more guest stars come in. All in all, one of South Park's classic episodes.
  • No wonder I don't like Barbara Streisand

7.9
    Great show again and no wonder I loved the show
    In its early heyday and how it put Comedy Central
    On the map. No wonder I don't like Barbara Streisand as
    She is made fun of big time as they the town residents have to stop her from trying to destroy South Park!
    Very funny show indeed!
  • Eh...

7.4
    Let me start out by saying I HATE Barbara Streisand, believe you me... and while I enjoyed the poking fun at her, the episode overall didn't do it for me. This episode focused on Cartman and Kyle finding a triangle (that has special powers) while on a field trip and the triangle is needed by Babs to complete her other triangle and become the unstoppable "Mecha-Streisand". For me, the story was dumb, Robert Smith as a guest didn't "do it" for me, and the ending was kinda lame. A couple things I did like were the "Bar-bu-ra" song at the end, the fact that they made her nose outrageously HUGE, and the fighting between Cartman and Kyle for the triangle at the beginning. Other than that, it seems this episode was more "filler" than anything.
  • "I can't let Barbara Streisand do this to the entire world!"

A school trip brings the boys to a practice archaeological dig. They look for Indian arrowheads, but Cartman finds a triangle with arcane symbols. He gets sick of it and throws it away, leaving Kyle to pick it up.

None other than Barbara Streisand takes note of the event. The popular chanteuse wants the item for a different purpose: it will be the vital part yet missing from a device that could unleash deadly magical powers.

When the diamond is assembled, it will give Streisand the ability to transform herself into a giant robotic monster, with strength not stoppable by conventional means.

There's only one thing to do.

The crew call on Robert Smith, lead singer of alternative rock legends The Cure, who uses his own mystical means to become the counterpart that can defeat Streisand.

Will the world be saved? Will the boys live to hear their favorite album again?

Tune in and find out. Satirical lunacy as only the kids of this tiny mountain town can bring it.
  • Kyle and his friend are on an archaeological field trip and Cartman finds the Triangle of Zinthar, but throws it away.

Barbra Streisand comes to South Park looking for the Triangle of Zinthar to rule the world and turns into Mecha Streisand and start destroying South Park and Leonard Maltin, Sidney Poitier and The Cure’s Robert Smith to fight her and take take her down. Well done, again, Matt and Trey!
  • one of the best. cartman digging singing massa got me working is really funny. then he wants to fight pip for the arrowhead. kicks him in the balls and then says i don't want it anyway. so it shows cartman's got a side of s and m going there ahuh.

another jab at babs. we seen another on spooky fish where they showed the whole show with her different stages of her career on the side. this one has cartman wanting to shambo it with a lot of people. he gets his in the end with the cure lead singer.
  • My favorite episode of Season 1. Babra Streisand tries to find the second part of "The Diamon of Pantios," which Cartman happens to have.

While digging in a site, Cartman finds a weird triangle. He throws it away and Kyle takes it. Cartman gets jealous and Kyle finally gives it back to him. Babra Streisand comes and tries to gt it. She kidnaps the boys and forces Cartman to give her the triangle. The triangle is really the second part of "The Diamon of Pantios," which turns her into Mecha-Streisand. Meanwhile, Chef and this Asian guy find the boys and rescue them as Babra destroys the town. Leonard Maltin, Sidney Poitier try to stop her, but they can't. Finally Robert Smith from The Cure faces against her and he wins. He leaves, and the boys throw the triangle away. However, Ike finds them and becomes Mecha-Ike.
  • Barbra Streisand tries to take over the world using a magic triangle that Cartman and Kyle found.

This episode is pretty much the first episode where Matt and Trey begin bashing celebrites. Barbra Streisand happens to be the first victim of many. The way they do Streisand's voice is very funny because she has what you call a "Jewish" accent and Matt and Trey really capitalized on that. Then the idea of all of those celebrites like Robert Smith and Sidney Poitier coming to fight Streisand by turning into large creatures is helarious as well. A funny episode and a very good one while not a great one. Matt and Trey begin their celebrity rampage with this episode.
  • This parody of "Godzilla" makes Barbara Streisand into a monster destroying south park.

Cartman finds a mysterious triangle during an archelogical dig, later, Barbara Striesand goes and gets it, later becomeing a giant mecha-streisand. Later on, this episode becomes a hilarious parody of japanese anime / monster movies, even having a few japanese songs and a singer. This is a very hilarious episode, and dramatic too, from the first season of south park. Possibly one of the best episodes of the season, unlike empty eps like "Volcano". Did you also know that anime has also been parodied on south park in the episode "Chinpokomon", which targeted Pokemon? Again, this is one of the best of South Park season one, along with "Starvin Marvin".
  • Many great moments make this episode one of the best of the 1st season!

Many great moments make this episode one of the best of the 1st season!

One thing that South Park has always done well is to take many, many random elements and put them together into a great story. This episode is a great example.

On a field trip, the boys discover a triangle, which is actually one small piece of Barbara Streisand's Take-over-the-world puzzle.

Every moment of this episode is completely ridiculous, but it's perfect. Leonard Maltin, Sidney Poitier, and Robert Smith of the Cure all make appearances as Godzilla-style monsters, taking on the Mecha-Streisand.

This episode is a parody of a variety of sources, but mostly it's a parody of Godzilla. Complete with a singing Japanese man, all of the random elements come together to make a great episode.
  • It was ok.

At an archaeological dig, Kyle picks up a triangle that Cartman has discarded. Media attention from the find attracts Barbra Streisand, who needs the triangle to complete "The Diamond of Pantios." When she completes the diamond, she turns into a terrible monster that will require the combined efforts of Leonard Maltin, Sidney Poitier and The Cure's Robert Smith to defeat her.

This episode was funny but not always in a good way. The drama was still very childish throughout the whole thing. I liked it, however, because it was one of the earliest episode that showed celebrity appearances and poked fun at them.
  • Cartman finds a mysterious triangle

Mr. Garrison takes his class on an archaeological dig for arrowheads. Cartman finds a mysterious triangle and the kids get on TV about this important discovery, which captures the attention of Leonard Maltin. He comes to South Park to warn about Barbra Streisand's desire to get the triangle. Barbra Streisand comes to South Park and tries to get the triangle from the kids. Barbra finally get the other triangle and becomes Mecha-Streisand, wreaking havoc upon the town. Maltin tells Chef to call Robert Smith of The Cure to come to the rescue.... I laughed at Cartman singing, then he found a triangle, "If you're ain't Fiona Apple, I don't give a Fiona Apple rat @$$," Cartman getting the triangle from Kyle (after sneaking), Barbra Streisand as a man, Mecha Streisand, a man singing in Japanese, the fight sequence, and Mecha Ike. Overall, a decent episode. 7/10
  • good

The boys try to stop Barbra Streisand after she becomes a monster called Mecha-Streisand and threatens to destroy all of South Park. Will they be able to come up with a way to beat her? Or is the town of South Park going to be destroyed once and for all?

It was alright. started out slow but after the first act I got more and more into it. It isn't a great episode but it is a pretty decent episode I guess. My final grade for this episode would be in the "C" range, it was pretty average of an episode, I thought so at least.
  • Mecha-Streisand

Barbara Streisand (I do not even know who this ****ing woman is but...) is obviously a very scary woman in real life if they have to take the piss out of her in South Park every five minutes. This episode gets off to quite a good start, but then after a while (This usually happens in alot of the South Park episodes) it just gets very silly with machines, gunfire, war, unfunny parts and gore. Pointless episode, full of rubbish and unfunny tricks, twists and jokes. Not a very good episode. I think this episode wasn't thought up very well.
  • Maybe the worst episode ever.

5.5
    Despite my love for cheesy Japanese kaiju films, “Mecha-Streisand” falls pretty flat for me. Though the situations are themselves absurd even by South Park standards, they are backed by the weakest script in the season—maybe even the series. All of the jokes are pop culture references, which are funny in presentation, but are too randomly used (Sidney Poitier turns into Gamera, Leonard Maltin is sent to fight Barbara Streisand, etc). The episode is far too silly, the plot is a huge incoherent mess, and the laughs are almost non-existent (except for that singing Japanese guy). And the ending, where everyone screams in unison, “MECHA-IKE!!!” is just embarrassing.