South Park

Mecha-Streisand

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Feb 18, 1998 on Comedy Central

• The episode that makes fun of Barbara Streisand.

Here is my review for this funny episode of "South Park". It's called "Mecha-Streisand", and I wanted to make a review for it before I forget. Anyway, it is about the kids digging for arrowheads on a field trip, when all of a sudden, Cartman finds a strange triangle and tosses it aside. Kyle finds it and keeps it, and Cartman wants it back. As Cartman desperately tries to get it back, the boys meet Barbara Streisand, who is after the triangle that Kyle kept. Chef then meets Leonard Maltin, who tells him about why Barbara is after the triangle. Just as Kyle gives it back to Cartman (just so he'll shut up about it), Barbara lures them to her mansion and tortures them until she gets it. With it, she transforms into "Mecha-Streisand" and terrorizes South Park. Leonard Maltin and Sidney Poitier arrive to stop her, but they are no match. Luckily, Robert Smith (of a band called "The Cure") shows up and defeats her himself. This episode is really funny the first time I saw it, and I still crack up each time I see it. Simply one of the best episodes of Season 1.