South Park

Mr. Garrison's Fancy New Vagina

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Mar 09, 2005 on Comedy Central

• The most transphobic piece of crap on television.

I cannot believe this episode was even allowed on the air. Do people hate transsexuals that much? First of all, you can't "become a woman." I know this is confusing, but if you seek sexual reassignment surgery, you are what you feel even without that surgery. If a transwoman gets SRS, turning her penis inside-out doesn't "make her a woman." She has been a woman all her life, just with the body of a "male." Being a girl or boy is more than the appearance, and the creators of South Park just don't get that. It's like saying that grape jelly in a jar labeled "Peanut Butter" is peanut butter. A woman in a body labeled "Man" is not a man at all. I don't know about Mr. Garrison, but a genuine transwoman is a real woman. This episode gives off the misleading fact that penis equals male. It doesn't. The creators of South Park try to be "clever" by using Kyle wanting to be "black," and Gerald wanting to be a "dolphin," but those comparisons are stupid to say the least. Being transracial or transspecies are different subjects entirely. I have opinions about those issues, but I won't discuss them here. Overall, this episode is hurtful, offensive, and misleading. It gives people the wrong idea and spreads intolerance. If I could erase South Park from existence, I would.