South Park

Pandemic 2 - The Startling

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 29, 2008 on Comedy Central

• Well It isn't perfect, or that good, but it was funny and that's what counts.

After seeing the first few episodes of this half of the season I didn't have high hopes with this episode. it seems that two episodes back they were going back to the way they did things in the first two seasons, and in the last episode they went with a parody and a outlook on the series itself which I thought was funny but predictable as many shows that go this long evenually have at least one episode that questions the logic or the way things usually play out.

this episode did meet what I expected, I was laughing at the "twist" in the last episode more than anything else in the last few episodes and this one poured on so much it was starting to feel milked epsecally at this episodes end joke which I feel fell flat.

still I did laugh for a while with the first half of this episode, and I thought the parodies of Cloverfield and touching a few others like REC were pretty cool.

although if they keep episodes at this level the series will evenually fall and be canceled I doubt south park will go lower than this as even episodes like this one end up being greatly entertaining for at least the first watch.

hopefully Trey and Matt will make some really hilarious stuff in the future episodes but I wouldn't mind if the rest of the season was Mediocre because they already got so good having one or two "off" seasons isn't going to hurt them.