South Park

Raising the Bar

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 03, 2012 on Comedy Central

• I admit I haven't seen it

6/23/13: But I've heard June Shannon was offended by the way the show portrayed the family, and anything that insults "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" is good enough for me. For offending that fat hag, I automatically give this a ten out of ten.

9/26/13 Update: I saw this last night and the episode alone deserves a 10 out of 10. Minutes into watching this, I was laughing my butt off, especially when Cartman mocks Kyle with his scooter. The Honey Boo Boo family was pretty well portrayed. The only real difference between the real life family and the South Park one was that the South Park one was animated.
  • First good episode since "Cash for Gold."

I figured it was only a matter of time that South Park was going to take jabs at Honey Boo Boo. I especially loved the bit about James Cameron going out to actually find and raise "the bar," which has sunk far into the abyss of the sea. Unfortunately, we never actually see the bar.

I also like how they addressed Cartman's obesity. Cartman accepts the fact that he's obese, and decides to do something about it. Unfortunately, what he chooses to do makes him a bigger jerk than he's been in the past.

THe ending to this episode is truly epic. (Then again, I love it when Cartman gets his comeuppance.)
  • Classic South Park

Fantastic episode. Another great job by matt stone and trey parker.
  • Raising the Bar

This episode is ABOVE THE BAR. That is the problem. The intelligence, ethics and morals of America have deteriorated since the early 1990's. This episode tries to make sense of the coming "Bread and Circuses" attitude. Trying to pinpoint the exact moment America lost its moral fibre---was interesting--pinning it on President Clinton. I am not sure that is the exact moment but it was around that time things began to change. I wasn;t thrilled with the James Cameron part-thought it went on too long as others have said. So I take off .5 point. However as preachy as this episode was, it was preaching TRUTH. So it gets a 9.5. Oh and, I also want a mobility Rascal lol
  • EXCELLENT !!!

So much long time we have not seen a South Park's episode THAT excellent. Can't wait for the next one!

@ gtl2020 : you should raise your own bar.
  • south park raising the bar

i thought this was another good episode i enjoyed the storyline when cartman gets a scooter and his whole speech about not being able to take a dump at best buy made me laugh the only thing that was kind of draggy was the james cameron storyline that dragged on a little bit but apart from that funny episode.
  • Excellent episode!

Excellent comeback after a few mediocre episodes, now the last two were actually good episodes but it wasn't exactly a "comeback" to the show since they were just on average-scale (8/10). Now this episode had an excellent plot, and many things were going on in the episode and what I've been waiting for since I first started watching South Park in late 2007, Cartman to just admit he's fat. He did admit he's fat, but he's still that fat racist, and evil Cartman that made Scott Ternorman eat his own parents. I'm talking too much nonsense, overall this was a great episode, if you're a long time South Park fan or new to the show, you'll probably enjoy this episode either way.
  • confusing episode

I found this episode very confusing

Too many things happening at the same time

• It was Just about perfect

whole show was funny, not one dull moment. Instant classic