South Park

Red Man's Greed

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Apr 30, 2003 on Comedy Central

• Kinda weirder and weirder.

1.3
    This episode is kinda confusing for South Park fans and haters. It's about a stupid casino, and they deal with the indians. They want to keep their town instead of selling it. Casino episodes are not that necessary, but interesting and r*******d. I like that Drawn Together casino episode better when they kissed again.
  • Southpark is threatened to be demolished to make way for a superhighway that should connect an Indian casino with Denver.

This is another episode whose basic premise was taken almost straight from Douglas Adams novel which also was a radio and TV mini series and a film: "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy". In a previous episode, Earth was created by aliens as TV entertainment - in HHGttG, Earth was created as a giant computer. In this episode, Southpark is threatened to be demolished to make way for a superhighway just like Earth is demolished by the Vogons in Adams' novel to make way for a hyperspace bypass - and like at the beginning of the book Arthur Dent's house is facing demolition because it is also in the way of a bypass. The similarities do not end there, almost like Adams' protagonist who lies down in front of the approaching bulldozer, the kids and later the people of the town stop the building machines by simply getting in their way. The Douglas Adams reference is nice to see, but as a whole this episode is not as funny as many others or as funny as Douglas Adams was.
  • Shenanigans ensue in South Park as the characters visit a Native American casino.

This episode has some great parts, my personal favorite being when the whole town comes behind Stan, Kyle, Kenny, and Cartman singing Pat Benetar's Love is a Battlefield. It was awe enspiring. I also liked when Randy is talking about how he has SARS and says he only has like a 98% chance of living. Man, I love Randy. Besides these highlights of the episode, I don't think it's near my favorite episode ... and the whole Glitch character thrown in there at the end (the person had won an auction to help AIDS) was strange. Not so much funny, though ... so, to sum up my review: mediocre episode with some hysterical parts.
  • South Park in danger

This episode was about indians i mean African Americans wanting to tear down south park and build a super highway for there casino. The citizins need to raise 300,000 dollars in one night to but south park they only raise 10,000 they decide to gamble it at the casino so they can win 350,000 they win! Kyles father has a gambling problem and decides to talk the citizens of south park to let it ride so they can win even more but of course they lose because they are idiots. This episode wasn't great but it wasn't the worst i'm not going to tell you anymore because that would ruin the ending.