South Park

Wednesday 10:00 PM on Comedy Central Premiered Aug 13, 1997 In Season

SrRui

South Park Fan Reviews (1265)

• Getting Better Every Year!

Yes the show was in a bit of a slump for a few seasons, several years back, but the writers completely turned it around. it's smarter than the old seasons, less puerile, less preachy, but actually way funnier because of it! Now, don't get me wrong, I loved the first few seasons, and I loved the middle seasons too, but the past couple of years South Park is just going above and beyond. Which other show could survive 18 years, and STILL be in the news week after week?

Witty, clever, silly and laugh-out-loud funny. If you gave up on the show a few years back, I urge you to try this season.
  • What happened to my review?

The animation is completely bad and why would kids swear?
  • south park

Going south
  • Still One of The Funniest Shows

I've heard this show is in a decline but I disagree. While it now focuses heavily on current events and popular culture, this show takes them and totally makes it funny.

I admit I don't watch it as much but it's more because I have a set schedule so I don't have time. But when I watch it, I thoroughly enjoy the show.

• One of my favorites

South Park is one of the funniest shows on tv. It's so hilarious the way they hold a mirror up to society. Their crazy plots and celebrity impersonations never fail to make me laugh. In my opinion the new episodes aren't as good because they don't have as much focus on the main characters and the outline of the show, it goes more all over the place.
  • This show makes me laugh everyday

"South Park" is one of the most funniest shows I have ever watched. Even though it's dirty, I still find their series EXTREMELY funny, you rock Trey Parker and Matt Stone.
  • Used to be funny.

This show used to be funny but now it's crap. I hope it gets cancelled after Season 18.
  • Terrible show. Ugh.

I REALLY don't like this show. The animation is cheap and lazy, the humor is nonexistent, and they REALLY need to cut down on the cursing. Kids that age don't curse like the kids in this show, and if they did, their parents would do something about it immediately.

The show is a rip off of The Simpsons in some ways, just look at some of the storylines, in one episode they even did an episode what it'd be like if South Park were The Simpsons. Not only that but the premise seems like four mental kid's fever dreams gone so ***ing bad it last forever, I have no idea what the hell the creators were taking when they made this.

There's no humor in this show, unless if you're a mental *** who counts fart jokes and cursing as humor. The animation is just terrible cutout animation. It moves really slowly and just ugh, it looks just really cheap and vile and crude and just flat out lazy.

This is one of the worst shows I've seen. It's not funny, it's disgusting, it rips off The Simpsons, and it's nothing but awful, awful, awful. Maybe if it were normal 2D animation I could probably not bash on this show as much, but because of it's awful animation and lack of humor, it's awful. I can't believe it got twenty seasons, it should have just stayed a pilot.
  • Makes us laugh histerically, but..

This is a show most based on going against the "politically correct" trend.

It touches every possible issue, in every way that it shouldn't be touched. It seems like a relief for us folks who are always afraid to say things because they would sound "offensive" to other groups nowadays. So we worship this show because it isn't afraid to say anything it wants about something.
  • Offensive and crude, yet funny.

I don't understand why some people bash and criticize South Park. If you're offended then just don't watch the show, as simple as that. Anways, this show is about four foul mouthed 4th grade boys that go by the names of Kyle, Stan, Cartman, and Kenny, who live in one messed up town were no one is safe. The idea is really creative, but it gets even better when you watch the show. The writing is brilliant and the plotlines are original and don't reuse ideas from other shows. Now South Park definitely one of the most offensive show out there. It skewers pop culture, it is loaded with heaps of profanity in every episode (the most strong words are usually censored in syndicated versions, but mostly uncensored with a TV-MA rating), makes fun of Jesus, and the list is ongoing. But despite being offensive, it comes out as really funny. Each character is well characterized and hilarious, and each one brings in their own type of humor that is bound to make you laugh. My favorite one out of the group would have to be Eric Cartman. His voice is unbelievably funny along with his disrespectful attitude, and he his catchphrases consist of the most clever and memorable lines, take "Screw you guys, I'm going home!" for example. The humor is definitely laugh out loud comedy that is filled with a lot of variety from pop culture parodies to crude humor that is garunteed to make you roll on the floor laughing. But you have to be mature enough to understand the references. Nothing is immune to what South Park parodies, especially Honey Boo Boo and Jersey Shore. South Park is definitely worth checking out, for anyone who is mature enough to get its humor.
  • Risate assicurate!

I personaggi,soprattutto quelli femminili sono disegnati veramente male,non c' uno straccio di scene serie,ma se volete farvi un sacco di risate e vedere in che situazioni si cacceranno i nostri eroi,non potete lasciarvi scappare South Park,questo grandissimo capolavoro dell'animazione.
  • Great show

Always keeps me laughing, and I don't really mind the crude humor. Once in a great, great while there will be a particularly boring episode that I can't bear watching... but there's only one or two of those in the series. I keep expecting the newer episodes to be rushed (as in poorly thought out jokes, not very funny, just pushing to get an episode out) and unfunny, but luckily I find myself laughing my ass off with every new episode. However, the fart jokes do get a little old...

I love how they make fun of famous people somewhat subtly but in a real situation (such as the episode where they went to a "fudge packing company" and you could see tom cruise in the background, literally packing fudge. When butters points it out "hey look, tom cruise is a fudge packer", Tom says "what did you call me?!" and then goes into denial while literally packing fudge... They aren't afraid to step into fragile zones either, they make fun of all religions (while explaining the crazy stories of Scientology & the event the mormons believe in they have to actually put on the screen "yes, they actually believe this")).

Anyway, it seems all the 1s this show gets are people that are offended even though they know it's a hilarious show.

10/10
  • This show is trash

Thoughtless, inconsiderate bastards. One isn't simply butthurt if you hate this show. The-majority of the people who give this show perfect ratings are the type of people who couldn't give a damn about people themselves.
  • Really funny, but...

Overall, South Park is a funny, usually smart show that can really be good when it is. The only problem is it's not always that smart. Sometimes it's a clever parody on people and society in general. But sometimes it's just making fun of breaking news and specific recent tragedies, which is pointless because it'll be forgotten pretty soon. This is when the show isn't that smart. Just making fun of breaking news is kind of lazy. Thankfully, it's really funny and smart most of the time.

It also takes itself a little too seriously sometimes. This doesn't happen often, but sometimes it's so focused on being satire that it forgets to be funny.

South Park doesn't always hit targets, but when it does it's great.
  • Why does my Followed list keep saying there's new South Park shows coming out?

As the title 2 weeks now I've received an email stating there is a new South Park airing when I come here the last show is from 12/2013???
  • It is either great or terrible.

I'll make this one quick. I've been watching this show for a long time now, and even though every single episode definitely has it's fair share of dirty, immature jokes, there are always hilarious, suttle jokes, and smart references to catch. Not bad, but terrible.
  • An unforgettable classic that everyone knows!

This amazing show is about four kids who go on adventures. Just like the Simpsons, South Park is a show that if you ask anyone if they have heard of it, they will instantly say yes. The show has unforgettable characters such as Eric Cartman, Kyle Brofloski, and don't forget the kid who dies in every episode, Kenny McCormick! The recurring lines in the show don't get old either. Some classic lines include "Oh my God, they killed Kenny!" and "Screw you guys, I'm going home!". Some of the jokes are laugh-out-loud hilarious too. You cannot watch any of the jokes and not laugh at them. Some of the jokes may also be offensive and racist, but they're really funny. If you are offended by the jokes that South Park offers, then don't watch it because it is definitely not for viewers who find these jokes insensitive. I'll admit, some of the episodes haven't been good after Season 9, but it still and will be an enjoyable and funny show to watch!
  • Can't wait to see it gone!

I honestly hate it! This show is not funny and it has really filthy "humor". It's not appropriate for any one and shows like this (and the parents who allow it) are responsible for the horrible behavior of every day kids who watch it..
  • Why bother?

If the creators of South Park can't be bothered to put in an effort to create the show anymore (6 days from inception to release), then I can't be bothered to watch any more.

Maybe they just do it for the free Dr Pepper?
  • Hilarious show!

Seriously, this show is just one of the funniest shows I've ever watched! For all you people who think this show isn't for kids, THIS SHOW IS FUNNY!!! There are also some controversial things that may offend the idiots who can't laugh at themselves for once! You need to stop taking things so seriously! It's all meant to be a freaking joke, you morons! Seriously, this show is just hilarious! Sure, I know this is meant for adults or people in their late teens, but that doesn't change my opinion on this show! I've also watched the movie, and it was a great movie! I love this show!
  • Funny, But not age appropriate for kids.

It's a wonder why kids act the way they do. Reason shows like this.
  • Top Shows

Most ep til 012 (08-03)
  • Episode .5

FInnaly a good episode, puberty IKE and MrMkay so funny
  • The Most Clever Mirror!

The brilliance of "South Park" could be summed up in one phrase: "show, don't tell"... And though the political leanings of it's creators may be ascertained after time, no topic or agenda oriented organization is safe from scathing and hilarious mockery.
  • CLASSIC SHOW!

ANOTHER INCREDIBLE SHOW! THIS SHOW IS HILARIOUS!
  • BACK ON SEPTEMBER 25TH

Season 17 Press Release

From today's Comedy Central Press Release:

"SOUTH PARK" IS BACK WITH TEN ALL-NEW EPISODES!

THE 17TH SEASON BEGINS ON WEDNESDAY, SEPTEMBER 25

AT 10:00 . ET/PT ON COMEDY CENTRAL

"South Park: The Complete Sixteenth Season" Blu-Ray and DVD

Arrives in Stores on Tuesday, September 24

All-New Season 17 Episodes Available in HD Exclusively on XBOX Live, iTunes, Sony

Entertainment Network, Amazon Instant Video, Vudu, and Samsung Media Hub

New Episodes Also Available on

NEW YORK, September 4, 2013 - "South Park" returns for its 17th season with ten all-new episodes beginning on Wednesday, September 25 at 10:00 . ET/PT on COMEDY CENTRAL.

On Tuesday, September 24, "South Park: The Complete Sixteenth Season" will be released on Blu-ray and DVD by COMEDY CENTRAL Home Entertainment and Paramount Home Media Distribution. All fourteen episodes from "South Park's" sixteenth season are now available in this exclusive three-disc DVD set (two-disc Blu-ray), including the Emmy-nominated episode "Raising the

The Blu-ray and DVD feature mini-commentaries on all episodes by the creators of "South Park," Trey Parker and Matt Stone. Also included are never-before-seen deleted scenes.

• absolutly the best show out there today!

one of those shows that you can watch over and over and over and still laugh just like Friends and Seinfeld.

there isn't much to say because to me it's been the perfect show from the start and all the way to today, if you have never watched this, you are missing out on the funniest most sarcastic and up to date show out there!
  • It's not for everyone, but if you can handle it by far it's the best Pop-Culture Lampoon

South Park is basically one big 'screw you' to modern times and culture. Now I can see why people dislike this show, it's really touchy at times. But if the humor appeals to you it's plain funny.

Now South Park is about Four Friends in Colorado. Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny. All of them funny in their own ways (Cartman in particular), but this really does tackle life and what's going on in this world. Since it's short in it's animation process they can get to rather fresh subjects really quickly. Even 17 seasons in South Park is still funny. Now it however might not age well, but for what it is now, it's funny and I'm glad it's still on.

I'll send you off by saying, watch South Park, you may not like it, but it's one of my personal favorite TV shows.
  • Although not as good as before, it's still great

Seasons 1-10, South Park was amazing. 11-present, it's outstanding. It's not perfect, as jokes are repeated throughout an episode, but it's still one of the greatest shows to air on teleivsion.
  • Funny But It Can Go a Little Too Far Sometimes

This show is funny and often it's like the writers are reading my mind about pop culture and other topics, but some times it does go a little too far with the sexual stuff, but other than that this show is great.

Characters: 90% (A-)

The characters are funny.

Plot: 97% (A+)

The plots are also funny, especially when they make fun of pop culture.

Humor: 85% (B)

I'll admit that the sexual jokes can go too far

Voice Acting: 70% (C-)

I'll admit the voice acting isn't the best but they do warn you it's bad.

Average: 85.5% (B+)