South Park

Wednesday 10:00 PM on Comedy Central Premiered Aug 13, 1997 In Season

SrRui

South Park Fan Reviews page 2 of 42

• One F***ed up awesome show!

Funny, politically incorrect, and hilarious satire. I hope South Park stays around for years to come!
  • A Clever Title Goes Here

Hilarious and smart. Says everything everyone else is too polite to!!!
  • Best show ever!

It's so funny and original, I love it! Even though it went a LITTLE downhill it is still awesome, way better than Family Guy! This is now my favorite show of all time!
  • cool!

cool!
  • Changed TV

This show literally changed television history. They made it okay to offensive and get away with it. Like this new show on FX called Legit... They have the guy from Road Trip in a wheelchair doing bong hits and fucking strippers... Pretty hardcore. I think if south park wasn't killing kenny every week and having Cartman go balls out hilarious other shows couldn't do the same. I saw this article today about Legit about how crazy it is. But i think none of these shows could exist without south park paving the way
  • Funny cartoon for adults!!

In 1997, South Park aired its first episode. Since then, it's a very funny show for all adults alike who love the show. I think this show has plenty of funy jokes, and I enjoy the language as well. If one show needs to be funny, this has been funny, and will always be funny, unlike certain other shows that are animated. My favorite episode is Mr. Hankey's Christmas Classics. It's where Mr. Hankey himself gives us a bunch of funny music videos about Christmas and all its glory. The funniest character on South Park, in my opinion, is Cartman, because of his weight and comments, sometimes vulgar. This show is so funny. Buy it on DVD and Blu-Ray, in single season-season box sets, with a different set of episodes in each of them!!!
  • This show is NOT a waste of time

South Park has had its ups and downs over the years but overall has aged quite well. It first became popular as I was going through Middle School and at the time fit the dirty sense of humor that came along with being an adolescent boy in the 90s. As I grew up, so did South Park but not in the way one would expect. It went from being a show about nothing, where an Elephant could make love to a pig, to a show taking shots at pop-culture in general. Whether it be, Jersey Shore or the White House, no one is safe from Matt and Trey. At the end of the day, saying it is low-brow humor isn't that far off but in all honesty, WHO CARES, it's funny and declaring that its only watched by 'trashy people' is far from the truth. If you enjoy vulgar language and at times horrific images, you will love this show. Enjoy my friends !
  • Decent.

Had a place and time, now it is just getting old.
  • I want to make a tv south park episode called "Looking for Hitler."

My south park episode idea is this... Cartman, flustered, says, "Hitler has been 'napped. We are looking for Hitler." Then Kenny Kyle Cartman and Stan go out in search of Hitler. Can you make that a tv episode?
  • so f@##$%g good

south park has everything for 4th graders
  • Cartoon Wars continues the disturbing downward slide of this once CLASSIC program!

1.5
    I have loved this show from the very beginning. It is a program that at it's worst it was still better than most everything else on tv. Unfortunately the last couple years I've seen a gradual decline. The 3 episodes so far this season have gone beyond bad, to just sad. Instead of Matt and Trey shoving their political views down everyone's throats these days, just get back to the formula that made this show special- the misadventures of 4 kids. Most of the great characters in South Park (adults and kids) have become nothing more than just backround. I consider myself very much a hated "liberal", but never once did I care about the creators political views and the shots they took. They were brilliant comedians making a classic comedy. I find it rather hypocritical that they constantly make fun of celebs who speak out about their political views, yet they have turned their own show into nothing but their own weekly anti-liberal rants. Please return to the old style shows that were about some incredibly funny kids in a very strange town.
  • Screw you guys im going home

FUCKING LOVE THIS SHOW
  • Pretty Decent...

It's ok.i'll watch it sometimes...but it can be funny at times.
  • First rule of South Park = NEVER take it seriously.

Seriously, if you easily get butthurt, offended, or are just plain idiotic, don't watch this show, because you will clearly take what it says & does far too seriously, & you will start throwing butthurt-mania all over the place. You don't have to like it, but saying this show is crap simply because you were offended is the equivalent of saying "Shake it Up" is great simply because it's for young audiences (which it's not BTW).

I became a fan of this show in 2009 when before that I was never interested in it in the first place, at all. I never watched the show originally because well, it didn't interest me. But one day, I was drastically bored & there was nothing to watch on TV I changed it to MTV & this show was on, & decided to just leave it there. I forgot which episode I watched, but when I watched it, I automatically became a huge fan of the show. I watched it in Spanish for those 2/3 years, & let me tell you that this show is one hundred times better dubbed in Spanish than it is in English (not to say the English one is bad or anything).

In all honesty, the show remains great, but it began to lose a lot of its luster & comedic values when it began with "The Coon" stuff.
  • Absolutely tasteless from beginning to end in every episode which could offend even the person watching it if you aren't careful.

1.2
    I've only watched a few episodes of it and not once did I laugh. A friend of mine said that one episode they poked fun at Steve Irwin's death. You call that funny? I hop not! This show may seem funny but it airing for two sole purposes... offend everyone and make money! Cartman especially is a bad role model for everyone and what's even worse is that younger people actually watch this stinking show! My general advise for everyone is to skip this show altogether and look for Family Matters instead which has you appreciating people for who they are and the jokes will certainly tickle your funnybone.
  • Kind of gross, but somehow likeable

5.5
    Even though they make fun of everyone on the planet (which does get annoying hearing them making fun of Jews every two seconds) it is kind of likeable. I mean the characters. Definitely not annoying as cuss Cartman but the rest of them are pretty cool. I like Stan the most. The first episode I watched was the "Stanley's Cup" episode and I liked it. I watched more and yeah it's pretty disgusting. Like when Randy wanted the computer to do you-know-what and he you-know-whatted and it was all over him. That almost made me throw-up, they have to understand that being disgusting as all cuss isn't funny. I feel kind of like a hypocrite watching this and actually kind of liking since I believe that this and maybe Jersey Shore are the reason kids are the way they are these days.
  • The Worst Animated Sitcom of All Time

After hearing so many great things about "South Park", I finally decided to give this show a chance and watch a couple episodes. From all that I've gathered, "South Park" is so abysmal and pointless that it deserves to be erased from TV history. The animation is ugly, more ugly than "The Simpsons": the characters look like they were made from cardboard, the backgrounds are sloppy, and half the time when a character speaks, their mouths don't match! Speaking of speaking, the voice acting sucks a lot more than "The Simpsons"! Trey Parker and Matt Stone voice the four boy protagonists, and the way they do it is freaking horrible! Eric Cartman is the worst; his selfish behavior and whiny attitude is the main cause of this show's awfulness. I feel sorry for Mary Kay Bergman; she might have killed herself over this show. Another bad spot are the episodes. Two stories cramed into such a short running time, the episode length is barely even half an hour, as a result all of the stories are rushed and underdeveloped. This show also rips off movies; the story arc where Cartman is transported into an imagination land is a rip-off of the 2002 animated masterpiece "Spirited Away". This show also insults popular things and gets away with it. Overall, this show is abysmal, stinky and ugly and deserves to be sued.
  • Not the same as it used to be

5.5
    I began watching this show during the summer I was entering freshmen year of High School, which was in 1997 when it first came out and started to like it right away during it's first episode. I liked their characters, their plots, their jokes etc. and as their seasons went on, I did nothing but laugh my ass off at all the episode premiers (though I thought it was really stupid how they permenantley Killed Kenny after season 5), and it was my favorite show. But then came season 10 in 2006 (when I was hooked on South Park for 9 years) and it started to go downhill, and ever since the middle of Season 12, it's just...gone. What happened to my favorite show? It's just so different now. Don't see it? I'll explain it to you:

Everyone is so out of character now- Stan and Kyle are so out of character these days it disgusts me. What happened to the real Stan and Kyle? The ones that didn't really give a shit about big things? For exxample, in The China Probrem, Stand and Kyle wail like babies half the episode just because Indiana Jones was "raped." That's not what the old Stan or Kyle would do, they would have just vomited and said, "Speilberg and George Lucas are f*cked up dude!" or "That movie sucked!" and not have talked about it the rest of the episode. Also, Stan's grandpa went from saying, "I wanna die!" to giving Stan life lessong (Cash for Gold).

Characters have disappeared into nowhere- I mean like, seriously. What ever happened to most of the other supporting characters? Like for example, Mrs. Crabtree and Pip used to be prominent characters in the first 4 seasons, then they just got scrapped out for no particular reason. Tweak, which is one of my faveorites used to be one of the show's prominent characters for eight seasons, but has been faded back into a background character and doesn't even talk or twitch when he's seen. Yep, Jimbo and Ned are still shown, but only as minor characters and I don't even remember the last time I've even heard Ned's synthesized voice. Also, Nurse Golumn the Conjoined Fetus Lady used to be the nurse in the school, but now it's some fat lady with brown hair and Golumn is never seen or heard of anymore. Others like Officer Barbrady, Mayor McDaniels,Timmy and Mr. Kitty are rearely show anymore either but only once in a blue moon. But I could understand the reason to kill Chef because the actor left the show permenately and died shortly after in real lif.

Where did it's style go?- I miss when the show was about the boys going on adventures, not experiencing boring political stuff and other of yesterday's nonsense. Episodes like "The Coon", "The Coon 2 With Cthuluhu", "Reverse Cowgirl", "Funnybot", and "Smug Alert" are a waste of time and computer software. I like episodes like "Volcano", "Damien", "Chickenlover", "Jakavosaurs", "Cartman's Silly Hate Crime", "Cartman Joins NAMBLA", "Cartmanland", "Butter's Very Own Episode", and "Meet The Jeffersons" (Well I do liek some of the new ones like "Make Love,, Not Warcraft", "Overlogging", "Creme Friache", and "Broadway Brodown", I lol'd at those).

Overall, I think Matt and Trey should call it quits or at least think harder to keep the show alive so it doesn't get stale like The new Simpsons or doesn't get any more different becuase right now it seems to have turned into a money cash grabber.
  • Has to be one of the greatest shows of all time

South Park is just so amazing. It's been around for 15 seasons and it is still so amazing. For all the people out there that say "oh its so bad its dark to many sex jokes." well if you actually listened you would understand that they are showing how many things are just terrible with the world, like the episode of how the jewelry companies were screwing over the elderly people that's happening. Everyone that is complaining about it are just to stupid to understand that it is a very smart show. Matt Stone and Trey Parker your amazing. Scott Tenorman Must Die!!!
  • Too extreme

yet somehow funny. I don't really know what it is with this show...
  • Almost Perfect

Downright hilarious but not all charcters are good
  • New Season sucks

It used to be good.. Now I think Trey and Matt are kind of slacking.. Or maybe running out of ideas? One or the other, south park is getting boring.
  • How do they do it?

Well good old Trey Parker, Matt Stone and the rest there at South Park Studios have made over 220 episodes. How do they make every single masterpiece? I say its becaue they are unknown gods. Every time i watch south park its like pure gold. Amazing. The plot, the characters, the amount of awards they have won, its not a coincidence. From Underpants gnomes to a canadian duo based on farts, South park is sexy and we all know it. And as South Park Studios say: Kill Kenny, Win Emmy. Thumbs up if you agree South park is truly an amaing sitcom ;3
  • A very enjoyable show

I really enjoy this show for it's original plots and well written episodes, in my opinion this show is one of the best animated sitcoms. One thing that is really good about this show is that it has a lot of brains and is very funny as well, so it challenges your brain. Which is what comedy shows should be all about rather than just using very dumb and childish humor. But many shows use that type of humor unfortunately... But South Park still continues to be good and I highly recommend this show to anyone.
  • South Park

One of the greatest pieces of satire this generation has to offer. Especially the older episodes.
  • All Heil

Trey and Matt should be oracles.
  • Heading on up to South Park!

One of the best shows ever made. The 15th season wasn't awful, but wasn't all that great. All the others are amazing.
  • This poorly drawn and poorly writen blunder they have the nerve to call a cartoon.

First of all I know I'll get a lot of thumbs down for this but what on earth is with the animation. It's poorly drawn. Second the charaters are not likable in the least. If I had to chose between living in Southpark for a week or go a week without food I'd pick starving to dead. Now if you want a good chartoon with great animation and likable charaters I suggest the following. Family Guy; American Dad; King of the Hill and Daria. Now those are great shows. Matt and Trey have no talent and Comedy Central must be run by a drug addict for this show to be on air.
  • Continues to be funny

This show has consistently remained very funny. They really don't hold back on making fun of anything (with some slight exceptions ) The writing can range from plain absurd to a highly sophisticated perspective on current events. Either way, it's absolutely hilarious!!! The world will be a less funny place when this show eventually reaches the end of its lifespan.
  • BEST SHOW ON TELEVISION

I know it makes fun of people, but it is an amazing show!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10