South Park

Wednesday 10:00 PM on Comedy Central Premiered Aug 13, 1997 In Season

bluecatcinema

South Park Fan Reviews page 9 of 43

• This amazing show is about four young boys who live in a very dysfunctional Colorado mountain town named South Park. Very frequently they get into extremely peculiar situations. However strange this show is, even a glimpse of it could get you hooked.

Let me start off by saying that South Park is, hands down, the best animated television show I have ever stumbled upon. Before you understand why I love this show so passionately, you have to understand how I began watching it. The first episode I really ever saw, or rather caught a glimpse of, was Red Hot Catholic Love. You know, the one where Father Maxi tries to stop all the Catholic priests from molesting little boys while Cartman finds a new way to eat food? Anyways, my older sister was watching it very late one night. I was a little surprised at her. I had heard of South Park before from various people-that it was vile, disgusting toilet humor. But I sat right down and watched it with her. Too bad it was right at the ending, the part where the giant spider god comes into the Vatican. "A giant spider preaching to a bunch of priests in Italy?" I thought to myself. "This is the weirdest show I've ever seen."

The next episode I saw was Fat Camp. Again, I was only able to catch the ending; the Kenny look-alike coming out of Miss Crabtree's…. well, lower region, and the other unidentified kid following suit. "What. The. Hell," I thought to myself again.

However strange I thought this show was, I found it perversely intriguing. I could not pry myself from it. I found myself staying up late, waiting until my parents went to bed, to creep downstairs and watch it.

And it wasn't long before I started watching this show religiously. Every Wednesday night at 9:00-there I was, in front of a television, any television, in my house that had cable. Whatever television my parents were not watching those nights, I was there, waiting anxiously for my guilty pleasure to come on. It wasn't long before my parents accepted my addiction and didn't stop me when I said, "I'm gonna go watch South Park," every Wednesday night at 8:55, and got up to walk to another cable television.

Now, onto the review. This show has it all. Humor, intelligence, life lessons, dancing pandas. Everything. I have never watched an episode of South Park and not laughed out loud. Everyone who criticizes this show for being pointless toilet humor has obviously not watched more than one or two episodes. You really need to pay attention to all elements of this show. If you sit down and watch South Park but really aren't paying attention, like me in the first few episodes I watched, you won't understand in the slightest. Basically every episode has a deeper meaning than what is shown on the screen.

For example. This may sound a bit stupid, but I seriously thought the episode Canada on Strike was making fun of Canada. This was not the case at all. It wasn't until about a few weeks after the original airing of the episode that I found out that they were actually making fun of the Writer's Guild of America strike. I even had to re-watch the whole episode again (for the fourth or fifth time) after I found out so I could understand the jokes they made even better.

The creators of this show, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, are geniuses. They mix almost every single kind of humor into one incredible, unstoppable show. Some episodes do go over the line a bit, I admit, and make me a little uncomfortable (e.g. in the Fantastic Easter Special episode where Kyle stabbed Jesus in the neck and he was bleeding all over the place), but I still love the show for what it is and I wouldn't change a thing about any of its flawless episodes.

I recommend this show to anyone who just wants a good laugh, no strings attached. Anyone who has a fair sense of humor and is not easily offended will thoroughly enjoy South Park. And if you're that 37-year-old mom of three young kids that would never even consider watching this show, give it a chance. It has something for basically everyone. You might even surprise yourself.

I admit, parts of South Park are, in fact, vile, disgusting toilet humor… but I love every minute of it.
  • THIS IS THE BEST CARTOON EVER

I love this show/cartoon. it's the best cartoon ever. i love that they take different movies and show and make fun of it...a lot. i also love how they spit on stupid people and there belives. i colud watch this cartoon every day all day 24/7. i hope it will never end. i would like to recomend that they don't change a thing in the show and just keep up the good work. cartman is no.1 caracter ever in TV history. i just adore him and his way of life and, most of all, how he handles all people like they're his puppets.
    parker and stone are geniouses (not really but they have guts to stick it to the man) and i aploude them.
  • south park is one of the greatist cartoons of all time.

ok now this really funny show south park has been known to be one of the funniest and the greatist cartoons but this funny it takes place in south park colarado this is pretty good show but it does have some things that parents didnt like but i dont care what they say this is very funny show with ah good sense of humor this one of the best but then theres the south park boys cartman kenny stan and kyle that made this show funny it does have ah bit of ah good sense of humor after all ok i hade to say this is ah good cartoon but its to naughty for kids to watch but its good for adults so im goanna give this cartoon.

9.6 out of 10.

The Good: some of the best voice-acting and characthers soild animation and cool humor.

The Bad: its to naughty for kids your parents wont let you watch it.

The Ugly: it gets little bit random
  • Awesome!

I love South Park. South Park is an animated series featuring four boys who live in the Colorado town of South Park, which is beset by frequent odd occurrences. This a great show with many jokes and humourous plot lines the will keep you watching. It is entertaining however, I was dissipointed that they don't kill Kenny any more. Cartman is no dout the best character and has made south park what it is today. his racism,his lack of curtosy and his selfobsesion makes a perfect charecter. with stan wanting to make things right, kyle following stan, kenny dying and cartman being a complete **** and down right funny jokes you cant get more from a south park episode.
  • An incredible show that has both sophomoric humor and sharp political satire.

South Park is one of the best comedies on television, and is a timeless piece of American culture. This show amazes me every season by remaining topical and relevant. The show changes constantly and continues to be entertaining. South Park is a good mix of thoughtful social commentary and low brow humor. It is funny on a simple level because of the dialogue and dirty jokes, but it is insightful and has some great views on society. Watch a few episodes and your hooked. South Park will make you laugh almost every week, and it still manages to cover new topics with articulate opinions.
  • great show

this show jsut plain rocks it has to be one of the funniest things on tv this and family guy are my favorite shows _ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __ __
  • This show is an amazing comedy about 4 young boys living in the hick town of south park.

South Park is my new favorite show. Every episode has my freinds and I laughing until we cry ! South park Consists of 12 seasons all progessingly funnier each episode.My favorite character is Randy Marsh. Kenny always seems to die every episode.Kyle is an intelligent jew. Stan is an average kid. Cartman is a racist evil little spoiled brat who constantly keeps the plot funny. Celebrities are ridiculed so humoursly. Paris Hilton hacks up globs of semen. Tom Cruise won't come out the closet . There are also a genetically enginered towel keeps getting high. South Park is aired monday through thursday at 8:30 . Don't miss it !
  • South Park is a consistantly good show that will make you laugh until your stomach hurts.

South Park is a tv show that is consitantly funny despite some of the crude hummor. Though some of the episodes are pretty crude the vast majority of them are painstakingly funney. After years of watching this show I am a true fan of it. To watch this show you don't need to know the characters (though it can help) . This show is just flat out funny. Episodes such as "Make Love not Warcraft" are clasics. South Park "makes fun" of celebrties, political fiogures and every day situations. South Park is a clasic show that contiunes to produce even after 100s of episodes.
  • I really don't like this show for a number of reasons.

7.8
    When South Park first began airing, I really liked it. It was the weirdest show because it was about a bunch of third grader's adventures around their town of South Park. I can't stand this show now. I think they take it too far sometimes. The language in the show is more than bearable for myself, so I stopped watching it for a while. A few years later, I got in the habit of watching the new episodes. The plots were becoming really uninteresting, and quite frankly, stupid. Their attempt to become the funniest animated show is pathetic. It lacks the laughs and joy that I get from watching the Simpsons or Futurama. It used to be funny for being stupid, in fact, that is why it is so popular today. But it has become one of the most offending shows out there today. Here's a warning for some, if you believe in ANY religion, no matter what it is, prepare to become extremely offended while watching this show. Atheists may even become appalled in a way.
  • one of the all time best shows ever

one of the all time best shows ever i love this show my favorite character is cartman though the characters i can relate to our kenny clyde and butters season 11 and 5 are the best seasons on this show and i expect to see some more greatness in the second half of season 12 my 2 least favorite episodes are a million little fibers and manbearpig which is proably the 2nd or 3rd most overateed episode on south park this show has many styleas of comedy though it is very offensive and sometimes overly digusting but besides this its an awesome show
  • South Park is an excellent show. Its one to be recommended to friends. Sure it pokes fun at things in life but thats what makes it good. The more people kick up, the better the episodes. So keep kicking up people, your only making it better.

If you want a show with humor, not the classic humor but satire, this is the show to watch. South Park is an excellent source for finding out whats going on in the world. All be it that the news is changed it still helps get the point across. Whether it be making fun of celebrities, foreigners, or some other race, South Park is fun for the whole family. With its bigot character who makes fun of the Jewish boy and other ethnic people, it gets great laughs. The show is still going today and with people finding episodes like "trapped in the closet" controversial, its only gaining more popularity. So the more people complain the better the show gets.
  • A laugh out loud comedy for people who want to laugh their butts off!

Even if I'm 16 yrs old, I still enjoy watching this series because there's plenty of humor and comedy to it. My favorite character that the creators would have kept is Jesus! Because in the middle of the credits on the Christmas, Jesus sang Happy Birthday to himself. I laugh my butt off through that part. So, if you want to watch a show that makes fun of things, has plenty of humor and comedy to it, then you folks might want to watch this one! Those creators have done amazing on the character designs. So, once again, I recommend this show to the laughing people!
  • Its a MUST WATCH!

South Park Love it, or hate it, theres one true fact about it, Its the dirtist Cartoon around :) I personaly Love the show. They have great songs in the movie that i believe won awards. And characters that a lot of people are familar with ... Like KENNY McCORMICK! (My Fav character!) The GreaT thing about the show is they base most of their episodes on current events. The animation is priceless it was orignally made from construction paper :D! They currently have 12 seasons and i hope they make more soon! Just remeber South Park Rocks!! - Pictures002
  • Really funny, but totally inappropriate.

South Park, in short, is funny because its so true. It can play on all the things that happen in the world and make fun of new and old trends in a fun and VERY racy way. I love this show, when noone whos oppinion of me matters is in the room. It's a true guilty pleasure. All the things that make me sad or angry in the normal world makes me split my sides when put to a south park script. It's truly the work of great writing to do that. I can't understand why so many people want to bash on it. Oh, wait, yes i can, and i dont care.
  • Funny, and surprisingly intelligent.

South Park has developed into nothing short of a masterpiece.

While the first few seasons seemed to rely mostly on shock humor and running gags, the show has turned into a brilliantly written 30 minute political cartoon of sorts, lampooning everything from the president to Rob Schneider.

But let's not forget the characters and the show itself. The main four are definite entities, and I wholly believe that as angry as you may get at Cartman, he embodies that little selfish voice in our heads, the one that makes horridly tasteless and offensive jokes that we try to suppress. Cartman merely brought it out into view.

Trey and Matt could be some of the smartest people working in television now. Do they use crude humor? Of course, but note HOW it's used. It's not just thrown in there, it always has a purpose. This is one of the few instances where low-brow humor is done well and intelligently. I hate to mention another show, but their other effort That's My Bush was another illustration of their intelligence. Rather than do the obvious and lampoon just Bush, it became a parody of sitcoms, with Bush being the lovably goofy husband. I consider it one of the best comedies ever made along with the short-lived 'Police Squad!' series.

Anyway, I'm getting wordy. Simply put, watch the show. It's amazing.
  • Funniest cartoon show ever made. Gets better every Season.

This is possibly the best comedy show ever made. It is so wrong yet hilarious. I can truly never get enough of this show and every episode makes fun of current events or people which makes it even more funny. The characters are hilarious in this show. The characters include Stan who vomits every time he talks to his girlfriend,Kyle who is Jewish, Cartman who is fat and makes fun of Kyle for being Jewish, Kenny who always dies, butters who is always in trouble with his parents (my favorite character), their parents who are always funny, Chef the singing chef, Mr. Hanky the Christmas Poo (self explanatory) and many other characters and celebrities who are shown through out the seasons. this show is hilarious but I wouldn't recommend it to the younger audience.
  • Best animated show ever.

South Park is a show about four young kids who live in Colorado. Their names are Stan, Cartman, Kyle, and Kenny. Stan is the most level headed of the group and tends to be the leader. Cartman is the fat kid who doesn't really care about anybody and who always starts controversy and fights with Kyle. Kyle is a Jewish kid and is usually pretty laid back until Carman starts making fun of him. Kenny is pretty quiet and everything he says is muffled because of his hood. Almost every episode Kenny dies but the next one he'll be alive again. There are also other characters such as Butters, Tweek, and Timmy. All the kids usually get in some sort of trouble and it's always funny but by the end there is always something one of the kids (Usually Stan or Kyle) finds out is the right thing. This show is definately the best animated show ever.
  • want crazy, watch this

This show is about four young boys that live in south colorado.Their names are stan,kyle,kenny, and cartman.Stan is the calm kid of their group who just settleback like an average joe.Kyle is sometimes quiet but when him catman get into it he is very loud.Kenny is the quiet one who usally gets killed in every episode but in the next episode he's alive like he was never killed.cartman is different from all of them.he do anything to get anything he want.They go on crazy adventures that usally get hundreds of people killed.The humor is funny to but its the storyline that makes me watch it.The story mmost of time is random people killing other people for stupid stuff like mcdonalds or a nintendo wii.This show wasnt intended for kids cause for all the cussing all the nudity.
  • This is the best Comedy Central show ever!!

This show about four elementary boys who curse alot.South Park makes fun of today's current events,like athletes,and politicians.This show was great,I first watched when I was nine,and I snucked to watch South Park.Yes,I watched South Park before The Simpsons.I thought cartoons are allowed to curse!South Park have the funny Cartman.Kenny which get killed almost all the time.Stan,who like the Denver Broncos.Kyle the Jewish kid whose smarter than the rest.The show also makes fun of Family Guy.On Cartoon Wars parts 1 and 2,they basically sumarized the new trash version of Family Guy.They paid tribute to The Simpsons on The Simpsons did it.This LSUstinks11 telling you a good day.
  • I like South Park.

South Park is a very funny show, and if you aren't really offended by the Swearing and the other stuff, It's a really funny show. South Park, is a show that you either Love or Hate, and as you can tell, I love the show. I think the Number one reason everyone watches South Park is because it's Just Plain Hilarious.

The shows Characters are funny too, which leads me to the second reason why I love this show- Cartman. Cartman is one of the most funniest characters ever to come to Tv, and He is in my opinion, the best charatcer on the show. South Park is Just Plain Funny, and a joy to watch. Thanks for reading my review.

- a n d e r s o n 5 8 7
  • The douche and turd sandwich episode was one of the best I have watched in a long time.

The episode starts with the kids having to vote for a school mascot, they were able to make-up the mascots, and as a result they ended up with the options: Giant Douche and a Turd Sandwich. It's a great allegory for the 2008 presidential elections, it's already become pop-culture, people are even buying and using references to Giant Douche and Turd Sandwich's as election bumper stickers:

You can see them at http://www.fogwater.com/td

I think it's something unique when a cartoon crosses the line of political satire and becomes an item we may even see on the election ballet.

It's worth a watch and at least you may understand the joke when someone drives around with a Turd Sandwich 08 bumper sticker.
  • who doesn't love 4 young kids get thereselves into way more than they can handle. They could also use less inapropriate material, but it's fine.

south park is about the town south park in colorado, based mainly around 4 young boys around 3rd to 4th grade. The day starts out normal and usually takes a huge unexpected turn that kids could never get themselves involved with. The boys names are Stan Marsh, Eric Cartman, Kyle Broflovski, and Kenny McKormick. They kill kenny off in alot of episodes, but comes back in the next, sort of like tom from tom and jerry, and wily cayote with the road runner. I think South Park is a very unique show mainly because it uses construction paper for animation. The humor is also good. Most of the time it seems like the boys are smarter than everyone in the entire town. Every episode ends with some sort of moral about life which is why I enjoy watching and learning. If it wasn't directed toward older audiences then it would be a family show and would have a lot more viewers. The sayings in the episodes are usually reapeted everywhere at school the next day.
  • sick twisted and so f****** funny

Theirs not much I can say that hasn't already been said but this show is perfect in every single way. This show wasnt very elegant even from the begining it was considerd crud towlit humor, but some of the most dareing duo in animation history Matt Stone and Trey Parker stood up to all the soccermoms in the world and made it so controvercial that major releigons, social groups est. tried to ban it. The humor is spot on and goes where other comedy shows fear to dread. The characters match thier personalties perrfectly and one of the main characters in the show Eric Cartman is one of the most evil son of a ***** in any show. All I can really say is Perfect.
  • This is a response to Ls_silence!

I think you'll find that South Park makes fun of both sides of the fence - Liberals and Conservatives. Everything you said about them making fun of Liberals is true, but they have on plenty of occasions made fun of conservative policies also! Abortion, Immigration, Euthanasia, Homosexual relations - it makes fun of both 'closed minded conservatives' and 'impractical liberals'.

This is what makes South Park such a great show - it reveals that all us humans are nothing but a bunch of hypocrites! It makes both sides look at how stupid they are, and at least gets people to think on what the other side is!
  • I like the poltically undertone that no one seems to pick up on. Very conservative.

South Park is truly the best comedy show ever shown. Not just because the language or the insults, but because it is one of the few shows with a good politically tone to it. It doesn't throw liberal agendas in your face every time you watch it like Family Guy, but it insults the people who throw the liberal agenda in the publics face. The makers of this show are true geniuses. If you most know I give to to thumbs and a two, via the mail. I recommend it to all people who need to have something funny to watch but, in its own way, something intelligent.
  • I like the show but it has some problems.

This show is one of the only ones that can get me to luagh so hard I start to cry. Some of these episodes are pure fricken gold. Thats really all the good things I can say about it. Now for the bad part. This show is funny but it crosses the line on a regular basis. They need to learn that there is a limit to how you far you can cross it with out offending people. Now I am not one of those guys that freak out over nothing. But I saw the AIDS episode yesterday and that really changed my mind about this show.
  • Anytime I watch the show, it makes me laughs everytime I see it. It's a very good show and I use their quotes and jokes every single time. It's hilarious. It's a very high rated show and it should stay that way.

I totally like love that show now THe first time I have known about this show was in 2006, while I was flipping through the channels. I've been knowing about it since then. The first episode I've seen was Die, Hippies, Die. The very first South Park related that I've seen was the movie Bigger, Longer, and Uncut, but just the part with the classroom, the V-Chip, Kyle's Mom's a you know what and the Jewish Candy. Then I started seeing episodes such as I'm a Little Bit Country, Make Love Not Warcraft, Guitar Queer-O, etc. Now I have seen every episode in less than two years. My personal favorites are MIss Teacher Bangs a Boy, Make Love, Not Warcraft, All of Season 12A, Guitar Queer-O, and The List. If you think the show is bad, think again. It's awesome!
  • People who think this show is offensive or "harmful" are simply not paying attention.

South Park, on the surface, may seem offensive, crude, and irreverent--and it certainly is all of those things. However, people that actually walk this show and really pay attention will quickly realize that this show has some of the most insightful things to say about society, culture, and politics. The stereotypes that this show seems to buy into are the exact things that the show is deconstructing and commenting on. Homosexuality? Violence? Racism? Watch any episode through to the end and you will quickly realize that this show is about raising social awareness about these issues. Though done in an underhanded and at the same time paradoxically over-the-top manner, it is easily one of the smartest, best-written shows currently on television.
  • South park, created by Matt Stone and Trey Parker is possibly the best animated cartoon series that is currently airing. If you like the Simpsons, family guy or any other comedy like that, then you'll love south park.

South Park follows the lives of the residents of South Park located in Colorado. Focusing primarily on the adventures and mishaps in the lives of Kenny, Stan, Kyle and Cartman. Kenny's poor, has an orange jacket which covers his mouth, and is hard to understand. Stan, well. He's your ordinary kid. There's not much about him that makes him stand out from the rest of the kids. Kyle, well: He's a jew in a green jacket. Cartman is a fat (or "big boned as he says it), who likes to piss people off and make fun of other races.

South Park is full of ridiculous moments, characters and storylines. It's a bunch of fun to watch, and makes fun of practically everything. It's a must see if you're looking to watch a new comedy show, and It's guaranteed to have you laughing at least once per ten minutes.
  • Pretty good, but I did not care for Season 12 that much. It was only so-so to me.

Don't get me wrong, I abosolutely love how South Park rips on things, such as celebrities and trends, but the newer seasons, such as this past season , Season 12, have not been really good. It seemed like the creators were trying too hard to come up with things to rip on. In fact, they made a mess on the Britney Spears episode, and I actually thought that one would be a classic. I like the middle seasons more, such as Seasons 8 and 9.

Perhaps it isn't the show itself, but maybe it's just getting harder to rip on things nowadays. Either way, it's still a favorite of mine, and I would suggest it to anyone who is looking for a new comedy on Comedy Central.
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13