South Park

Wednesday 10:00 PM on Comedy Central Premiered Aug 13, 1997 In Season

South Park Fan Reviews (1279)

• What the Fuk has happened to Cartman?!?!

South Park has been in my top three favourite shows of all time since it started in 1996; but there's something very wrong with Cartman!! He does NOT obey the rules - when ppl tell him off, or try his patience, he has their parents killed & eaten or whatever! Cartman's inimitable, & utterly unapologetic, outrageousness is what makes him one of the absolute most hilarious characters in the history of Entertainment & the Arts! I hope ardently that his inner psychopath comes back up to the surface before the season's out; otherwise South Park runs the serious risk of actually losing its way - & a world without South Park would be a terrible loss indeed!

PS - in reply to 'benderisgreat': No, of course SP is not for kids - that's why it's on at 10 o'clock! If your son is too young to watch South Park, then put him to bed well before it starts!
  • i thought this show would be appropriate for kids but i saw satan appear this show is not a christian show

i was watching this show with my son and i thought it would be great but it sucked. the episode i had watched had satan having sex with saddam hussein and it was horrible and not good, please don't watch this show along with rick and morty and the simpsons if you want to see your kids alive
  • SOUTH PARK- THIS IS IN RESPONSE TO > kawaiimilksha

Thoughtless, inconsiderate bastards. One isn't simply butthurt if you hate this show. The-majority of the people who give this show perfect ratings are the type of people who couldn't give a damn about people themselves. {kawaiimilksha} ,

Personally I find Trey Parker and Matt Stone very considerate in the ability to provide me with the proper entertainment I am looking for. I am not sure what your experience is with the show, (how many episodes you gave a proper chance, which episodes you saw) but I am sure that you are jumping to conclusions when it comes to your short analysis on South Park. If some of the cameos that they cover are respectfully supporting the show after the "inconsiderate" things said about them then surely we have a chance to get you to come around. Yes it is addmittable to say they do stretch the boundaries but proper analyzing the details in why doing so we come to conclusion there is reason for it all. The point being hasty generalizations such as "people go give this show perfect ratings don't give a damn about themselves" are offensive and are doing far more damage than any content Parker or Stone put out originally. I urge the people to not take this slippery slope banter seriously and go into South Park with an open mind and let the difference perspectives of this work of art wash over you, you might even learn something.

• South Park Season 19, Episode 1 "Stunning and Brave": A Review.

There is a fear surrounding the term "being PC" or politically correct. Many people are afraid to say or do anything out of ignorance or general nitpicker anxieties for fear of possibly offending someone, and being considered a bigot/bad person. Many want to be seen as good human beings and thus when fingers are pointed at for daring to make comment about something, particularly outside of personal experience, they are disturbed into silence. The South Park Season 19 premiere episode "Stunning and Brave" (written by Trey Parker) touches on that anxiety.

In this episode PC Principal is a testosterone riddled jock-ish aggressive PC-er, who confronts the main characters, their parents, and most of the town about their discriminatory insensitivity. He is the embodiment of those "privilege police" that go around denouncing people's opinions because they are making it from a position of a particular privilege.

This episode does a self-poke at the show, mentioning various situations through PC principal that would be considered discriminating during a parent teacher conference night when the character is introduced. This can be seen as the major clue that this is an episode more from a personal reaction by the show's creators with aggressive PC critics then critics and more general society. There is also the veiled defense of the show in the climax of the episode through Cartman when he uses a few ethnic stereotypes and offensive images as a weapon against the PC Frat house, then one of PC Principal's friends mentions " yeah, I would have never thought to use offensive imagery and outrageous stereotypes to provoke someone to open their eyes" which is basically what South Park generally does when they use offensive imagery and outrageous stereotypes through parody to illicit awareness to the issues an episode covers.

Granted, the episode could have done without that explanation at the end, having a point explained takes away from the impact of thinking about the lesson, but it could have been done by the creators to make absolutely sure that their critics get the point and can't further misconstrue this particular theme.

Outside of this, the show also parodies aggressive PC'ers in general as by providing an exaggerated stereotype that they are all privileged university/college students who take their criticism a little too far to the point of mimicking what they are policing without any real understanding or personal experience themselves of the issue because of their own privileges, making them come across as hypocrites. It was an interesting attempt at exaggerating the negative qualities of aggressive PC'ers through a potentially offensive generalization.

South Park also used Kyle particularly well as the besieged straight-man in all this, the more sober sort of tragic element in the issue of being politically correct for the sake of it. Kyle has an opinion that is not politically correct, that he is not fond of Kate Jenner, a visible trans woman previously known as Bruce Jenner from the Kardashians, a prolific figure and advocate within the trans community. In the show, the point is that often if someone has a negative view of someone its because a person with privilege is having issues with someone elses lack of privilege of that privilege or some physical difference, such as being trans. Kyle disagrees with this, stating that he was not fond of her when she was Bruce Jenner and the fact that Bruce is now Katie, doesn't change his opinion of the person, Katie being a trans woman or her actions as a trans woman, has nothing to do with it. Kyle represents the correct was of thought, in that it is about the individual person themselves and not what they are that should matter, the thing that people should have a problem with is people themselves not their outward appearance or identity.

This was a good episode, a good layering of themes for the most part. PC Principal will likely get old fast if he is used in more episodes then this, and it was a surprise that they kept him on at the end, but that could perhaps be the point. The episode worked the mentioned themes well, and Kyle's progression with this was well utilized, though some of the characters were rather underutilized and just there for the sake of them being there. Randy's arc was unsurprising, considering his previous record of getting sucked into things, but seemed rather pointless overall, though it could be an avenue for something in later episodes, and like with most other good South Park episodes, there is likely more to unpack from it, but for the new season, it's a great start for season 19.
  • Funniest show ever.

The funniest show ever created. It also has nice life lessons a lot of the time.

• Awesome

As far as adult cartoon goes, it's my favorite. Sure it's offensive, but it can also be funny and heartwarming when it needs to be. Everything else in this show is so memorable, especially the characters. There are people that said the first few seasons were the best, but i think this show has gotten better as it continues. Actually, I'd heard that the show's creators Matt and Trey say they didn't really like the old South Park episodes. I remember them saying this when talking about best and worst episodes. But hey even if a show has bad episodes, so what? it's more about the experience watching it....................... AND DO I EVEN HAVE TO MENTION THE EPISODE WHERE KENNY ACTUALLY DIES BEFORE SEASON 6?
  • Trapper Keeper 2000

I love all your shows except for a few like A Bom in Snoot, Britney Spears, the Britney character with her head blown off was too gross to look at or listen to. And Oprah's Snoot comes to life. I thought that was too ridiculous, not funny, because I couldn't see the point of it. But those are the only 3 I didn't care for. Everything else is just great.

This show is so spot on with its satire and just plain comedy I can't turn away.

I almost cried when Butters' mother thought she had killed him. The scene where she confronts her husband was shattering. That woman's voice tore me up.
  • South Park

One of a kind
  • just on season 18

South park team, you guys have always come with your signature marked bold and shining scripts... but I just felt season 18 was too too incomplete...
  • . too bleh

Wiki says it may have bad words. Terrible.
  • Slowly got worse

This show was good at first, but slowly went downhill as time went on. Please let me explain carefully:

Seasons 1-3 (1997-2000) These seasons are good. A bunch of memorable episodes like the very first episode, Cow Days, and who could forget the amazing Meteor Shower trilogy in the middle of Season 3? Overall, I give these seasons a 7.5 out of 10.

Seasons 4-5 (2000-2001) Well, to be honest, these seasons aren't as good as the first three, but they're still decent for the most part. On one hand, some gems are hidden in here, such as the amazing Scott Tenorman Must Die. But on the other hand, there are a lot of terrible episodes in these seasons. Mostly in Season 4. Such as 4th Grade, Hellen Keller the Musical, The Wacky *** Adventure, and they're mostly from the second half of Season 4. Season 5 has Cripple Fight, Behind the Blow, Towelie, How To Eat With Your Butt, and Kenny Dies. But overall, these seasons are okay. In fact, they still have the same vibe as the first three seasons. Unfortunately, they're just not as good. I give Seasons 4 and 5 a 6/10.

Seasons 6-9 (2002-2005) These seasons are okay, but even less so then the previous two seasons. Please don't get me wrong, for they have their gems, like Jared Has Aides, Freak Strike, Red Sleigh Down (a lot are from Season 6) but there are a lot of really bad ones too (A Ladder To Heaven, Christmas in Canada, The Jeffresons, Mr. Garrison's Fancy New ***, etc). For some parts, Seasons 6 and early 7 still had that same feel that Seasons 1-5 possessed, but by Season 8, the feel was entirely gone. Overall, I give these seasons a 5/10.

Seasons 10+ (2006-present) These seasons are TERRIBLE. This is why I give the show a 1. 95% of these episodes should be avoided and gems are EXTREMELY rare. Seasons 10-11 had a few shining episodes, but by Season 12, it's nearly impossible to find anything good here. The latest season was even worse and is just a sad sign that this is NOT South Park. This is some choppy crap that has little to if ANY substance in it as well. This is an excuse to what South Park used to be. I give these seasons mostly a VERY big 0/10.

Whelp, there's my explanation of how much the show has changed. Seasons 1-3 were good, seasons 4-5 were decent, seasons 6-9 were okay, but everything after that is an entirely, utterly, completely different show. This me signing out.
  • So Good

been watching for years and its just brilliant its changes alot but unlike nearly all tv shows it hasnt got worse or ran out of ideas!
  • This show makes me laugh everyday

"South Park" is one of the most funniest shows I have ever watched. Even though it's nasty, dirty, offensive (and in later seasons they're somewhat trying to turn this show into some kind of soap opera), I still find their series EXTREMELY funny, you rock Trey Parker and Matt Stone.
  • Watch/Download South Park Season 18 in 720p HD quality

Watch/Download South Park Season 18 in 720p HD quality 18
  • Answer please!!!

Hi everybody!

I'm a french student and i have to work on South park. What i need to know is why all the fans here likes cartman,kenny and Butters because they are the most favorite guys in the serie and cartman even if he's awsome he is racist, can you answer the question ? Tell me why do you like them?
  • Still the best

Together with Simpsons this is one of my favorite animations ever, clever, always facing a current event or thought, and done in 6 days. Trey and Matt are geniuses, hope this show has a long run as simpsons.

And this last season in being one of the best yet.
  • Getting Better Every Year!

Yes the show was in a bit of a slump for a few seasons, several years back, but the writers completely turned it around. it's smarter than the old seasons, less puerile, less preachy, but actually way funnier because of it! Now, don't get me wrong, I loved the first few seasons, and I loved the middle seasons too, but the past couple of years South Park is just going above and beyond. Which other show could survive 18 years, and STILL be in the news week after week?

Witty, clever, silly and laugh-out-loud funny. If you gave up on the show a few years back, I urge you to try this season.
  • What happened to my review?

The animation is completely bad and why would kids swear?
  • south park

Going south
  • Still One of The Funniest Shows

I've heard this show is in a decline but I disagree. While it now focuses heavily on current events and popular culture, this show takes them and totally makes it funny.

I admit I don't watch it as much but it's more because I have a set schedule so I don't have time. But when I watch it, I thoroughly enjoy the show.

• One of my favorites

South Park is one of the funniest shows on tv. It's so hilarious the way they hold a mirror up to society. Their crazy plots and celebrity impersonations never fail to make me laugh. In my opinion the new episodes aren't as good because they don't have as much focus on the main characters and the outline of the show, it goes more all over the place.
  • Used to be funny.

This show used to be funny but now it's crap. I hope it gets cancelled after Season 18.
  • Makes us laugh histerically, but..

This is a show most based on going against the "politically correct" trend.

It touches every possible issue, in every way that it shouldn't be touched. It seems like a relief for us folks who are always afraid to say things because they would sound "offensive" to other groups nowadays. So we worship this show because it isn't afraid to say anything it wants about something.
  • Offensive and crude, yet funny.

I don't understand why some people bash and criticize South Park. If you're offended then just don't watch the show, as simple as that. Anways, this show is about four foul mouthed 4th grade boys that go by the names of Kyle, Stan, Cartman, and Kenny, who live in one messed up town were no one is safe. The idea is really creative, but it gets even better when you watch the show. The writing is brilliant and the plotlines are original and don't reuse ideas from other shows. Now South Park definitely one of the most offensive show out there. It skewers pop culture, it is loaded with heaps of profanity in every episode (the most strong words are usually censored in syndicated versions, but mostly uncensored with a TV-MA rating), makes fun of Jesus, and the list is ongoing. But despite being offensive, it comes out as really funny. Each character is well characterized and hilarious, and each one brings in their own type of humor that is bound to make you laugh. My favorite one out of the group would have to be Eric Cartman. His voice is unbelievably funny along with his disrespectful attitude, and he his catchphrases consist of the most clever and memorable lines, take "Screw you guys, I'm going home!" for example. The humor is definitely laugh out loud comedy that is filled with a lot of variety from pop culture parodies to crude humor that is garunteed to make you roll on the floor laughing. But you have to be mature enough to understand the references. Nothing is immune to what South Park parodies, especially Honey Boo Boo and Jersey Shore. South Park is definitely worth checking out, for anyone who is mature enough to get its humor.
  • Risate assicurate!

I personaggi,soprattutto quelli femminili sono disegnati veramente male,non c' uno straccio di scene serie,ma se volete farvi un sacco di risate e vedere in che situazioni si cacceranno i nostri eroi,non potete lasciarvi scappare South Park,questo grandissimo capolavoro dell'animazione.
  • Great show

Always keeps me laughing, and I don't really mind the crude humor. Once in a great, great while there will be a particularly boring episode that I can't bear watching... but there's only one or two of those in the series. I keep expecting the newer episodes to be rushed (as in poorly thought out jokes, not very funny, just pushing to get an episode out) and unfunny, but luckily I find myself laughing my ass off with every new episode. However, the fart jokes do get a little old...

I love how they make fun of famous people somewhat subtly but in a real situation (such as the episode where they went to a "fudge packing company" and you could see tom cruise in the background, literally packing fudge. When butters points it out "hey look, tom cruise is a fudge packer", Tom says "what did you call me?!" and then goes into denial while literally packing fudge... They aren't afraid to step into fragile zones either, they make fun of all religions (while explaining the crazy stories of Scientology & the event the mormons believe in they have to actually put on the screen "yes, they actually believe this")).

Anyway, it seems all the 1s this show gets are people that are offended even though they know it's a hilarious show.

• This show is trash

• Really funny, but...

Overall, South Park is a funny, usually smart show that can really be good when it is. The only problem is it's not always that smart. Sometimes it's a clever parody on people and society in general. But sometimes it's just making fun of breaking news and specific recent tragedies, which is pointless because it'll be forgotten pretty soon. This is when the show isn't that smart. Just making fun of breaking news is kind of lazy. Thankfully, it's really funny and smart most of the time.

It also takes itself a little too seriously sometimes. This doesn't happen often, but sometimes it's so focused on being satire that it forgets to be funny.

South Park doesn't always hit targets, but when it does it's great.
  • Why does my Followed list keep saying there's new South Park shows coming out?

As the title 2 weeks now I've received an email stating there is a new South Park airing when I come here the last show is from 12/2013???
  • It is either great or terrible.

I'll make this one quick. I've been watching this show for a long time now, and even though every single episode definitely has it's fair share of dirty, immature jokes, there are always hilarious, suttle jokes, and smart references to catch. Not bad, but terrible.