South Park

Wednesday 10:00 PM on Comedy Central Premiered Aug 13, 1997 In Season

bluecatcinema

South Park Fan Reviews (1290)

• Slowly got worse

This show was good at first, but slowly went downhill as time went on. Please let me explain carefully:

Seasons 1-3 (1997-2000) These seasons are good. A bunch of memorable episodes like the very first episode, Cow Days, and who could forget the amazing Meteor Shower trilogy in the middle of Season 3? Overall, I give these seasons a 7.5 out of 10.

Seasons 4-5 (2000-2001) Well, to be honest, these seasons aren't as good as the first three, but they're still decent for the most part. On one hand, some gems are hidden in here, such as the amazing Scott Tenorman Must Die. But on the other hand, there are a lot of terrible episodes in these seasons. Mostly in Season 4. Such as 4th Grade, Hellen Keller the Musical, The Wacky *** Adventure, and they're mostly from the second half of Season 4. Season 5 has Cripple Fight, Behind the Blow, Towelie, How To Eat With Your Butt, and Kenny Dies. But overall, these seasons are okay. In fact, they still have the same vibe as the first three seasons. Unfortunately, they're just not as good. I give Seasons 4 and 5 a 6/10.

Seasons 6-9 (2002-2005) These seasons are okay, but even less so then the previous two seasons. Please don't get me wrong, for they have their gems, like Jared Has Aides, Freak Strike, Red Sleigh Down (a lot are from Season 6) but there are a lot of really bad ones too (A Ladder To Heaven, Christmas in Canada, The Jeffresons, Mr. Garrison's Fancy New ***, etc). For some parts, Seasons 6 and early 7 still had that same feel that Seasons 1-5 possessed, but by Season 8, the feel was entirely gone. Overall, I give these seasons a 5/10.

Seasons 10+ (2006-present) These seasons are TERRIBLE. This is why I give the show a 1. 95% of these episodes should be avoided and gems are EXTREMELY rare. Seasons 10-11 had a few shining episodes, but by Season 12, it's nearly impossible to find anything good here. The latest season was even worse and is just a sad sign that this is NOT South Park. This is some choppy crap that has little to if ANY substance in it as well. This is an excuse to what South Park used to be. I give these seasons mostly a VERY big 0/10.

Whelp, there's my explanation of how much the show has changed. Seasons 1-3 were good, seasons 4-5 were decent, seasons 6-9 were okay, but everything after that is an entirely, utterly, completely different show. This me signing out.