South Park

Roger Ebert Should Lay Off the Fatty Foods

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Sep 02, 1998 on Comedy Central

• Jelena

It's my favorite episode, can't think of words to explain it

A show of supreme quality, very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very (apologies, the former review has been moved to a new home, soon you will all be given the key) very very very veryvery very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very enjoyable. A must-see.

• My reviews are back - South Park - Season 2 - Episode 24 - Roger Ebert Should Lay Off the Fatty Foods.

This episode was centered around the boys.It all started out when Mr. Garrison's class went to a school trip to a plantinium. The owner greets the kids with joy and invites them inside the plantinium. Once inside, the kids sit on a chair while the owner brings in pretty colors from outer space. After that time, the boys test it on Kenny, giving him a seizure and die. The boys try to alert the South Park folks to end the plantinium's madness. Meanwhile, Cartman auditions for the Cheesy Poff commercial. He is accepted and got the role.

This episode was amazing plotwise. I think the plot was the good for thisd episode.

Its sub-plot centering Cartman was a nce add to give you further to watch.

The humor is its downside. It had many memorable scenes and jokes. But I just think it lacked humor.

This is better then many other Season 2 South Park episodes. I recommend this episode for old fashioned South Park watchers.
  • Robert Ebert Should Lay Off The Fatty Foods

The basic plots of South Park sometimes turn into strange crazy plots that are boring and dumb. In this episode the plot is solid and stays fixed on the same thing through the 20-minute episode.
    An excellent fresh plot about a school trip and a Cheesy Poofs audition. It starts off with the kids wanting to go on a cool school trip like kids on TV and so Mr. Garrison announcing the surprise of the Planetarium to the kids... Y`know 3rd grade - they don't wanna go to the boring Planetarium.
    Kenny is brainwashed... Eric Cartman is humiliated again all in a brand new good episode of South Park

;D Great episode.
  • Not one of my favourite episodes.

7.6
    This episode was not one of my favourites in the first two seasons, in fact I think it rated lower than all of the season 1 episodes. There was only one funny thing about the episode and that was the planetarium owner had a rare bone disease that caused him to call the planetarium the 'plane-arium'. The side plot of Cartman going for the part of the kid in the cheesy poofs ad was better than the main storyline and that never makes for a good episode. So far, Season 2 has rated significantly lower than Season 1, which is a trend I hope will change.
  • I love my work

The main story in this episode is dull and repetitive. People go to the planetarium, become slaves. More people go to the planetarium and become slaves. And so on. Cartman’s subplot is the real highlight of this episode, consistently growing funnier and funnier as the show goes on. But the main story, featuring no real central character, is not very interesting.
  • Ass full of pork fat, jiggles like a jello-mold, mouth is flapping too.

In this episode the boys are Brainwashed by "Plane'arium Guy" because he wants more buisness. And Eric gets a job in the "Cheezy Poofs" Comercial, This is also special because it is the first time Cartman saves the day, anywhere. Also the Plane'arium guy gets his mind wiped out, serves him right, and Roger Ebert is full of crap.
  • One of the best episodes of the 2nd season.

This episode is excellent, I would say one of the best episodes of the 2nd season.

All of South Park's elementary students are inexplicably attracted to the Plane-arium. Why? That is what the boys attempt to find out...

There are a lot of great jokes in this episode, including one of my favorites of all time: the omission of the 't' in "planetarium." Also, we get the chance to see Cartman singing Donna Summer's "She Works Hard for the Money" Brilliant.

This episode isn't as good as some later masterpieces, but it is a welcome excursion from the rest of the 2nd season.
  • The boys begin acting weird after going to the planetarium.

The class takes a field trip to the planetarium. Cartman sneaks off and gets the chance to appear in a Cheesy Poof commerical. The kids start acting weird, wanting to go back to the planetarium. Stan, Kyle, and Kenny attempt to find out what's wrong. Cartman gets closer and closer to getting to be in the commerical. Will he get to be in the commerical? Watch and find out!
  • Kids being hynpotized by stars.

This isn't a bad episode while it still is good but yet it is not by any means great. The storyline and plot is pretty clever and original but the satire is not Matt and Trey's best work I do not think. One of the lower episodes of the 2nd season but any episode of south park is a good one pretty much. Still, there have been very many better episodes while this planetarium episode is ok. The stars hypnotized the boys and caused them to want to work there while Cartman becomes the cheesy poofs poster boy in a contest.
  • Kids behaving wierd

All of the kids are behaving wierd due to the
    Visit to the Plantitarium and that Cartman sneaks out to
    Film a commercial. It is funny how Kenny behaves as he
    Will of course, die during the show as he always does.
    The kids want to go again and again as it surprises Mr
    Garrison about them going again and again!
  • Cartman's COmmerical

Mr. Garrison is up to something as he makes all the kids watch Barnaby Jones, which seems crappy and all that. When the kids can go to a field trip, it happens at a boring planetarium where a Cheesy Poofs commerical audition takes place and Cartman sneeks off to participate. The owner is weird, the lights are weird and Cartman keeps aiming for the commercial. The next day, haikus are born, my haiku review is coming up later. Cartman is in the finals for the commercial and wins because of the hiring standards of the planetarium. Cartman only gets one frame in the commercial but ends up saving the day by declaring "planetariums suck a--".

Now for my haiku...

South Park had a show
    That dealt with Cartman doing a
    Audition for TV (son of a b---)5,7,6