South Park

Royal Pudding

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM May 11, 2011 on Comedy Central

• It kinda hurt

Well what a load of poo that was. Mackey provided the odd laugh, and I did smile at the Scott jokes, but apart from that I was unimpressed. I suppose all Canada episodes are rubbish and deliberately so. There was a decent attempt at creating a comical mythos for Canada, but it absolutely failed. The whole wedding thing has to be the ultimate fail in trying to be up to date with the issues.

Truth be told I am simply not that interested in the Ike character either, so even if this was brilliant I'd be moaning about the absence of the core characters. Sometimes it can work like Paris Hilton's episode, but not here.

There's too much cynicism in this season so far and it is getting in the way to the humor and the references (Ipad/Theater awards/Royal Wedding) just aren't all that clever. To make things worse and it is odd to say this about Matt and Trey, but they are playing it very safe. It's not as if anyone can say there's much effort being put into the show either. We only needed to hear those kids sing once, in fact not at all, those scenes were wasted time. This episode feels half-arsed and It all combines to suggest the pair are pretty miserable at the moment.

I just can't believe having used the Royal wedding they passed up a chance to rip on us Brits! And what the ripping off of her arm about. Fact is this episode is too boring to even bother discussing in a book club sort of way. There might have been some very clever and subtle points underscoring everything, but who really cares?