South Park

Spontaneous Combustion

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Apr 14, 1999 on Comedy Central

• Spontaeous Combustion

If like me - you live in the UK and find it difficult to get a good web site where you can watch South Park episodes then you will find it pretty hard to actually be able to catch up regularly but I reccomend South Park Zone - when it is actually working or not frozen.
    Season 3 of South Park got off to a good start straight away and this episode is not as good but it is promising and very entertaining. The " erection " joke is very funny and I agree that even though some bits can be dull - this episode is quite good
    ;D Well Done South Park-ateers!
  • The best episode of South Park so far.

This episode had many many laughs in it for me. The theory of farting to avoid spontaneous combustion leading to global warming was not only funny, but incredibly smart too. Kyle asking people for an erection so he could give it to his Dad was pretty funny and the funniest thing was the lengths they would go to to get the erection, a.k.a killing Cartman on the cross so he can get res-erected. All the characters had a good part to play in this episode, including Officer Barbrady's hilarious, "T. T is for turtle." line, showing just how incompetent the police force in South Park really are. The only reason this didn't get a 10 was because the ending was rather weak.
  • This episode was kinda spooky, well what I mean is that spontaneous combustion is a real thing so it was quite shocking.

Apart from all of the bits that put you of a little, like the spontaneous combustion bits it was ok. I liked how they put eric on a cross like jesus because they thought kyles dad wanted that to happen, that bit was really well thought up and I think everybody else who has seen this episode thinks the same way. I dont think this episode was the best southparks productions could make it, but I do know it took at least a mounth to make it. I could never get bored of watching this episode because it gives you that special thrill.
  • T is for turtle.

In this episode Randy Marsh creates a "highly scientific" reason for spontaneous combustion, and Kyle wants to get his dad a nerection. But Randy's cure [farting to release methane gas] rips a hoe in the ozone, and Cartman gets Crucified. Randy's fix was "farting in Moderation", and Cartman survived for 3 weeks on his own fat [god that was funny]. Good episode.
  • Spontaneous Combustion is one of the first episodes to feature Randy Marsh as one of the main characters. He has recently proven to be a great source of material. It is nice to see this early version.

He is assigned to research the phenomenon that is spontaneous combustion. That is, people are exploding all over town and he has to figure out why.

The highlight in this episode is naturally Randy. His dreams of becoming a successful scientists are fulfilled, if only partially.

"Make love to me, Randy.. please."

This episode is very good, and marks a new era of South Park. An era that will end up being very good.
  • People in South Park are spontaneously combusting!

Another fanatstic classic episode that I couldn't stop laughing about when I watched it. This episode teamed with "Rainforest Schmainforest" is probably the best back to back episodes to start a season in South Park history. Kenny all of a sudden bursts into flames while the boys are looking for an erection to give to Kyle's dad, because he can't seem to get one. Gerald's not having an erectino causes Kyle's paretns to constantly fight and the boys are chgosen to perfom the stations of the cross to get a reser-erection for Kyle's dad. A funtastic episode and another must-watch!
  • A very funny episode dealing with farting and booming and erections.

Randy Marsh, Stan's dad, must save South Park from a deadly epidemic of explosions. He proposes a plan that makes everyone fart regularly, but it leads to a heat wave. This episode is very connected and structured and well written, especially with the farting jokes. Later, the story takes a twist as many other SP episodes do and continues on with the laughter.
  • The people of South Park are Spontainuaosly Conbusting (we'll call it bursting into flames) and Randy Marsh is the only one who can save the town

The people of South Park are Spontainuaosly Conbusting (we'll call it bursting into flames) and Randy Marsh is the only one who can save the town. It started early in the show while The boys were looking for a nerection for kyles dad and kenny burst into flames. People begin to get scared and at Kenny's funeral the Pastor asks them to do a small skit of Jesus's resurection the boys here the word erection and volunteer to do it. Cartman is Jesus and they actually leave him on a cross to die thinking when he dies he will get a nerection to give kyles dad. Meanwhile Randy Marsh has found how no to burst into flames you can't hold in farts so everyone must fart all the time. After a while it seems to get hotter and hotter and they once again look to randy and they begin to stone him because its the farts that make it hot. he finds a solution but i'm not going to tell you and Kyle's father finally get a nerection. I thought this was a great episode and the whole Cartman being jesus thing was hilarious.
MTV