South Park

The Coon

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Mar 18, 2009 on Comedy Central

• Much better than last week

South Park did something a bit different this week and thank god they god rid of the politics! my score isn't high but I have to stress I thought this episodes was made me laugh a fair bit; lots of classic Cartman exploring most of his qualities. The fat joke played out well as did his need for attention.

The whole superhero concept fell a little short for me, it made for a lot of jokes and wasn't badly executed but it felt as if they didn't exploit it enough. The ending felt rushed and wasn't very satisfying. It felt as if the episode needed another 10 minutes to do the story justice. The continuation of his 'secret' alter ego was a bit lame, it would have been far better for a comic revelation, even if everone had already figured it out, essentially it was all an anti-climax, and it didn't build us up much to begin with.

Overall nothing made this episode feel memorable and is far from being an instant classic. It is the best episode in quite sometime as it has all the elements of a great episode and no BS point making. Sadly it lacked excitement, a good twist and a worthwhile ending. Even so 10/10 for the Cartman Comedy.