South Park

The Passion of the Jew

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Mar 31, 2004 on Comedy Central

• As a Christian, I find this episode necessary.

I'll start my review by saying that I saw the "Passion of the Christ" in a group gathering with people from my church. Everyone else seemed to think the film was incredible, but I just saw a guy being tortured for two hours. I think the movie wallowed in uneccessary gore and didn't really point to God.

Enter South Park.

What Cartman thinks of the Passion: Greatest Movie Ever Made. He goes on a hilarious rampage to exterminate the jews and pulls in other passion fans, who think he's speaking Aramaic.

What Kyle thinks of the Passion: He's shocked that the jews would kill Jesus and feels that they should apologize. What Stan and Kenny think of the Passion: They hate it and want their money back. All in all, I love this episode and it is among my favorites. I agree with Stan when he says "I go to church to find out about that stuff. I go to the movies to be entertained, and I wasn't entertained so I want my money back". He's also right later in the episode when he says "We should focus on the teaching of Jesus, not how he died".