Southland

Reckoning

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Apr 17, 2013 on NBC

7.8
  • Outstanding series but the implementation gives one mixed feelings . . .

This review is as much a season ending, as it is series ending, as it is complaint. No one knows if this is the end of the series, just this season, and certain very few know or can understand why TNT gives this wonderful series so few episodes every calendar year.

I love this series, especially the character of Officer John Cooper, but also Detective Lydia Adams, and Officer Ben Sherman, and we can't forget Officer Sammy Bryant. These characters make the story come to life and the actors bring the characters up off the screen and into our hearts and minds.

What isn't fair are the mixed feelings from only getting 10 or so episodes a year. The series deserves 22, 24, yes, even 26 episodes, when we're left with such a cliff hanger as the writers give us with Part of me hopes a six season won't be coming along because of how only 10 episodes at an hour each doesn't give us enough to last 10 months between seasons. Hey, maybe if the episodes were 2 hours each, yeah, that would be great!! But, honestly, the majority of my mind, body, and emotions want seasons six, seven, eight, nine, ten, and beyond. Yeah, and the greedy part wants more episodes and/or longer ones. Southland is simply that good anyone into police drama, which seems to be most of the country. Why TNT gives us so few hours per year, I have NO idea.

As for this episode, it is a must watch for all Southland fans! There is so much going on and left undone and so many possibilities for the next season it isn't funny, which again makes 10 episodes. OK! I promised myself I wasn't going to continue about the short seasons each year. The episode is great, but honestly it left me (and I expect many others) with this feeling or something similar to it.

Bottom line: Find the time to watch it, if you haven't and watch the entire series, too (if you haven't).