Southland

The Winds

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Feb 01, 2011 on NBC

6.8
  • Best of Series

This was in my opinion the best episode of the series. Cooper is the best and strongest character in the show and this takes us on an emotional ride deeper than any CSI or Law and Order has in years. You can actually CARE about the character/ He is more than just his job as this episode reveals
    his pain both physically and emotionally.
    The Parole hearing was the kind of scene rarely
    shown in network series. Very emotinally charged.
    This series has been too repetitive and racist
    (just how many bad ass latino gangs are there in Los Angeles?) but this episode is a step in the right direction of deeper and engaginf character development.
  • This was a good episodes - some questions were answered, others were not.

I am wondering if Officer John Cooper is headed for a nervous breakdown. The excruciating pain he must live with on a daily basis, coupled with the responsibilities of his job, would drive many men insane. It explained for me, why he's been riding his partner so hard. In spite of all he's going through, it was enjoyable to see him take time out for the boy who had been abandoned by his parents. He may have had more to give, if not for the horrendous resposibility he had to testify at his father's parole hearing. One can only imagine what his own childhood was like. Nothing much was said about the death of Detective Moretta - they're saving that for next week.