Space Ghost Coast to Coast

Cartoon Network (ended 2004)

Space Ghost Coast to Coast Fan Reviews (22)

• This show had some awesome episodes, and some were kind of boring, but it was still great.

Space Ghost used to be a super hero in his first show which was an action show, but then retired and made a talk show instead. He had Zorak and Moltar as his co-hosts, and gets into situations at his set with them. Cartoonetwork had this show from 1994-2000, and then in 2001-2004 he went to Adult Swim for some reason and had more violence and had some bad lauguage and life threatning stuff happening to Space Ghost, But the later episodes got really funny. I remember watching this show when I was I was like three?, maybe and I didn't understand it, but when I got older and I got to understand the jokes more better. So it was an average, original show that I will always remember. 8.5/10
  • Have a nice hardy laugh or two.

5.1
    Greetings Citizens, it is I Spa..uhh MizasterJ. I'm here to let you know about a juicy little show I like to call..Space Ghost coast to coast..the host with the most, he makes good toast…you get the idea. Uh yah so um..this is a pretty good show. You should watch it, seriously…you should. I mean hey why not? Its not like you have anything better to do, am I right? Ohh did I forget to mention there's celebrities, cause there is. Yah he interviews them and by he I mean of course Space Ghost the host. Yep, that's right; the same washed up Hanna Barbara wanna be superhero, Batman rip-off from the 70s. That's the guy, oh and there's this green cricket dude, well his name is Zorak. Anyway,
    Celebrities come and go, what difference does it make this show has pizzazz , no not pizza. In the spirit of Late night with David Letterman Space Ghost isn't afraid to run things his way and that means anything goes by golly. What's that? Zombie mutants you say? Well send them right in. If you happen to be a fan of washed up celebrities, voice over repeats and low budget animation, well then look no further young man.
  • None

This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted! This has been deleted!
  • Not as good as the real space ghost, but it is funny.

This was a pretty good animated television series. As is normal with good television shows, this one did not last long enough. This is a show that I would suggest watching if you get the chance. Check the bargain bins at Wal-Mart, the online movies sites (Amazon.com and such) and all of the cable channels that run old shows. Nick at Nite and TV Land are great for theses kind of shows. They will even do a week long spot for shows that only had 6 or so episodes. Then you have your super stations. They run a bunch of old shows too. All in all a pretty good show that did not get a good enough chance. Sometimes it is a simple as the show it is up against. Look at Law & Order. It is one of the longest running shows on TV. They moved it to go up against Lost. After about 2 weeks of getting pounded in the ratings it was moved back to it's original time slot. Shows like this should be given more of an opportunity.
  • SGC2C is essentially responsible for literally dozens of Adult Swim cartoons!

That alone gives it the highest place in the history of the absudist animated comedies of the Cartoon Networks "Adult Swim" block.

Interviews with various celebrities like William Shatner were wonders to behold. The segment in "Curling Flower Space" where Zorak is taken aboard the BOSTON UFO Flying Guitar was absolutely hilarious! ................................

""Boston said they needed a keyboardist and I said, "I'm your man-tis!" And off we went! They had this really cool ship! There was this whole freakin' city on a flyin' UFO guitar, powered by rock 'n' roll! Boston rocks! They were on their way to populate a new world where everyone would just rock forever! All right! Who wants to ROCK?! There was not a life form we didn't rock. Is everybody ready to rock?! Yeah! Play some guitar!! Catch it! Man and mantis, rocking side-by-side. We're gonna rock your face! Ow! Who's ready to ROCK 'N' ROLL?!? Me and Boston: just like that. We rocked everyone we met. Oh god, it was beautiful. And when they were all rocked out, they dropped me off at home. THANKS, BOSTON! THAT ROCKED!! HEY BOSTON! KEEP ON ROCKIN'!! Those guys know how to rock." --Zorak"

The clip of this used to exist somewhere but I cant find it. Its hilarious! If you do nothing else before you die see it! The addition of interviews of Jerry Springer and Sarah Jessica Parket made this one the best of the series!

Indirectly every show that followed on Adult Swim might not have ever been created if it were not for Space Ghost - he is a true cartoon god!

They should bring this one back using the tried and true formulas that made it successful. The last comback attempt in 2004 was too laden with sex jokes and quickly flopped. This is what helped kill of another gem "Sealab 2021" although the death of Harry Goz as Captain Murphy played a greater role in its demise.
  • Best talk show ever!

Tired of \"real\" talk shows where the guests know what\'s going on,the host asks relevent questions and it takes place on earth? Yes? Then Space Ghost is for you! Every Week Space Ghost interviews celebrities like Slash, William Shatner and The Ramones without the usual ass-kissing or project plugging. Instead, he mispronouces names, and spouts out confrontations, non-sequiters and awkward silences. On his sattelite station he\'s joined by his house band Zorak and the Original Way-Outs and Moltar, who appears to be some sort of producer. The show, which debuted in 1994 went on to give birth to Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Brak Show, and Harvey Birdman, which in turn spawned my next two features Squidbillies and 12 oz mouse. If the questions and answers seem odd, it\'s because the interviews are pre-taped and then Space Ghosts questions and reactions are completely changed, bringing them to an absurd new level.
  • Space Ghost once a second rate hero, now a second rate talk show host. Crappy animation, random punchlines, stoned guests... how can it get any better? Sit back relax and enjoy the insanity.

I love this show! It's so funny! Of course it's even funnier at midnight when you're all sleep- deprived and whatnot. Space Ghost diva like attitude sells the show, but the snarky comments of Zorak and Moltar certainly help. I've always had trouble deciding whether the guests who obviously felt they were too cool to participate or the ones who were over the top enthusiastic were more entertaining. So if you ever want to watch television late at night, but you don't want to harsh your buzz, this show is the one for you! Plus you'll probably find it even more amusing.
  • Great show and it's funny!

The DVDs are out so yeah if you want to buy them they're usually at a video store or on the internet. What can I say that hasn't been alreday said okay let's try this, this show is by far my favorite talk show and one of my favorite animated shows too. At first it appeared on Cartoonnetwork then went to Adult Swim it's rated PG most of the time so yeah even my little brother watches it sometimes. This show doesn't bore me at all. My favorite character has to be Zorak he's possibly the most funniest on that show!
  • Space Ghost: Coast to Coast is by far the most creative idea for a talk show so far.

Informative, hilarious, and creative, SGC2C is my favorite talk show host of all time, and one of my favorite Adult Swim shows. The only thing keeping this from a perfect ten are the guests, which some aren't exactly the cream-of-the-crop. Other than this minor complaint, the show is absolutely perfect, and a show I would recomend to anyone, young or old.
  • space ghost becomes a talk show host much in the vein of conan o'brien or david letterman. the guests are real, the show is animated. space ghost is a funny show, and he really likes to give his guests a hard time.

as with any adult swim program, you are going to have to have a certian kind of sense of humor to truly enjoy space ghost. space ghost is a really good example of what can be done with animation, as it is a cartoon late night talk show. the guests are all real, and can be seen as real. space ghost really likes to take shots at his guests, and often badgers them to the point of wanting to leave the interview. his musical sidekick zorak, a praying mantis type thing, is always trying to screw things up, or trying to kill him, which makes for some pretty comedic stuff throughout the show. moltar is another good character, as hes kinda dim witted. moltar is the cameraman for the show, and one of space ghosts old enemies, as is zorak. this show was truly funny, and needs to be brought back in my opinion.
  • A space hero turns chat show host.

On a little purple moon somewhere in the great reaches of outer space, lives a hero named Space Ghost. First a scientist, then a crime fighter, he now hosts a talk show where the producer is a lumbering, gravel-voiced android and his co-host and musical director is a giant praying mantis who wants to kill him.

Every night, the cast brings viewers the top stars in music, tv and film. The Ghost must also confront threats in space, from asteroid bombardments to the lingering presence of his traditional foes, the Legion of Doom. The big man keeps the peace with the help of his deadly laser wristbands.

'Space Ghost' is a hysterically funny absurdist romp. It's out on DVD now.

Count yourself lucky, citizen.
  • who likes The Brak Show, Aqua Teen Hunger force, sealab 2021, harvey birdman, attorney at law and space ghost coast to coast

think The Brak Show, Aqua Teen Hunger force,
    sealab 2021, harvey birdman, attorney at law,
    and space ghost coast to coast are the best shows on adult swim. who think so? my name is deric plz reply

• Cartoon Network's first original series, and one of their bests.

"Space Ghost: Coast to Coast" premiered on Cartoon Network in 1994, and new episodes ran until 2004. With reruns still occasionally popping up on Cartoon Network's adult-oriented late-night block [adult swim]. This show is by far the funniest, greatest thing to ever air on Cartoon Network, and one of the greatest cartoons of the 1990's. And that's saying a lot, because there was lots of great cartoons on in the 90's, and Cartoon Network was home to quite a few great ones. And the idea for an old forgotten superhero from a 1960's Hanna-Barbera action cartoon to host a talk show, and interview real celebreties was brilliant. Some of those celebreties include: Adam West, Fran Drecsher, Werid Al Yankovic, Mark Hammil, Conan O'Brien, Hulk Hogan, and Matt Groening creator of "The Simpsons", and "Futurama". And Space Ghost's former enemies Zorak, and Moltar are also in the show. With Zorak being the band-leader, and still showing his evilness quite often. And Moltar as the director, and the most level-headed, and serious of the three. And Brak occasionally makes appearances, while Brak was one of the more evil, and more intelligent villains of the 60's show, in this one he was one of the funniest, more child-like characters of the show. The [adult swim] episodes (2001-2004) were a lot more random, and weren't as much of a talk-show. The plots became quite similar to those of [as]'s other shows like "The Brak Show", "Sealab 2021", "Aqua Teen Hunger Force", and "Harvey Birdman, Attourney At Law". And speaking of ATHF. Master Shake, Frylock, and Meatwad made their first appearance in an episode of "Space Ghost: Coast to Coast" called "Baffler Meal". But their personalities were a lot different. Of course the [adult swim] episode of this show weren't bad. They were actually funnier, but my main complaint with the later SGC2C episodes is the violence. Now I'm not normally one to complain about cartoon violence. But the later episodes of this show featured too much killing of the main characters, and sometimes the random-ness of these episodes was just a little too much. But overall "Space Ghost: Coast to Coast" is a classic, and if you like absurd humor like that of "The Tick" and "2 Stupid Dogs", or the random humor of "Aqua Teen Hunger Force", and "Sealab 2021" then you'll love this show. It has lots of laugh-out-loud, hilarious, gut-busting moments, and is probably the funniest cartoon you'll ever see. And the poor, stock-footage animation just adds to it.

Rating: 98% "Excellent"

A great show for anyone who loves crazy, radom humor. One of the funniest cartoons ever!

-Cartoon King
  • A mind-numbing pile of crap, or a sheer image of perfection?

Space Ghost Coast to Coast, which originally aired back in '94, was the epitome of awkardly original cartoons. It was the first cartoon to combine subtle humor along with a talk show, while still tackling contriversy across the world and maintaining a tactful and eliquent personality.
    ....

Alright, let's be honest. It was PURE CRAP. But it was so crappy, that it was amazingly good. And that, sir, is just brilliant, no matter how you look at it. It's a shame, though, because this show was basically the father of Williams Street (the creators of Adult Swim), yet it doesn't even air on it anymore. This is obviously due to the newbies just joining us with the recent Adult Swim lineup. Brilliant shows like Aqua Teen Hunger Force, The Brak Show, and even Sealab all derived in one way or another from Space Ghost C2C, and it's a shame that many consider this timeless cartoon dead. It's spirit will live on forever, and... well...

SPAAAAAAACEEEEEEEE GHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSST!
  • King Hilarious

This is one of the few comedies that could have lasted forever. Every episode was completly different from the last. The zany cast of Space Ghost, Zorak and Moltar combined with fantastic human guests made this the oddest comedy around. Seriously, an old 60's cartoon (which wasn't very good) turned into a limited motion talk show is about as retarded as it gets. But it worked, and it is tragic that it's over. Now we have to be satisfied with the classic reruns and the newly released DVD's. Push the yellow button. It's lemonie. It sure is Brak. It sure is.
  • The real life talk show hosts have nothing on space ghost.

This show is so unbelievable. It's not even worth asking for it back on the air, because I think anybody that watched tv in the 80s or 90s knows that all the best shows never return for odd reasons. Either way, when talking talk shows, space ghost coast to coast is the first show to come to mind. The memorable guest, the hallarious quotes. Sure, at times this show could have gotten visualy repetitive, but the actual comedy used in the show would vary to no limits. The guests on this show amazed me how they talked to space ghost like a real talk host figure, a human that is, but meanwhile, the jokes weren't cheap, actually funny. The dialogue for this show was incredible, and I have to cut cartoon network some slack for actually keeping it on the air for longer than a year, like all their other good cartoons which don't make the cut. Almost a decade of space ghost coast to coast entertainment, best years of my life.
  • Ahead of its time, a true trendsetter.

Space Ghost C2C was one of the most creative shows ever, The relationships between Space Ghost and crew never got old, especially when he was zapping Zorak. The show really was at its funniest peak during the end of its run with episodes like 'Kentucky Nightmare' and 'Knifin' Around'. There are so many more episodes that I could name that made me fall on the floor laughing, gasping for air, the list would fill the page.

Long before 'Adult Swim', Space Ghost C2C was gathering older fans even with the rating of TV-Y7 during its first few seasons, the show is responsible for the creation of 'Adult Swim' as it moved from TV-Y7 to TV-PG and sometimes even TV-14. Ending Space Ghost C2C was a terrible choice and in my world it is never over. I will always remember countless hours I laughed so hard I cried at this show.

Space Ghost C2C is a true TV legend and one of the greatest shows of all time.
  • Why did they stop?! This was funny stuff they had going on here!

The concept of an old cartoon superhero hosting a talk-show with real-famous people may sound a bit odd, but it did infact work for a VERY long time

Space Ghost Coast to Coast was one of the greatest shows ever produced by Williams Street. As it was introduced onto Adult Swim, the humor began to evolve to a more teenager-oriented style, and it just kept getting better and better. In a poor decision, Williams Street has chosen not to continue the series, but rather keep it trapped in repeats

Personally, they'd be better off reviving Coast to Coast rather than continuing to air such horrible shows such as Squidbillies or Perfect-Hair-Forever, but Coast to Coast should be updated simply because it's a terrific show AND I see no reason as to why it cannot be continued
  • Absolutely hilarious! guaranteed to make you laugh!

Space Ghost Coast to Coast is one of the funniest shows I have seen in ages. It takes the piss out of all talk shows and is especially trippy in an adverse state of mine (if your into that). Space Ghost is very entertaining to watch as is his sidekick Zorak and the sound of the space wind cracks me up every time.. Highly recommended to watch even if it is buried in late night adult swim repeats.
  • Its morbidly obese

it is hard to put into words how great this show is (so i will call it morbidly obese), watch kentucky knightmare, or knifin around and you will be a convert. the off the wall comments and dangerously funny story lines will leave you unable to perform the simplest of tasks. heres hoping that adult swim brings the show back (and perhaps cancels robot chicken)
  • Great classic and extremely funny!!!

I remember watching this show way back when it was first on. I did not really get it then, but I still loved it! I haven't watched it for a long time because and I wish it would be on at a more reasonable time! Never the less, this is still a very funny, quality show!
  • SGC2C Rules! Bring it Back!

When SGC2C first premiered in 1994 I was VERY young and did not know what the show was until 1996 when I first got my TV. Now I love SGC2C. If only the didn't cancel it. At least they show the reruns. If only the showed reruns of Cartoon Planet. I love Space Ghost Coast to Coast. My most favorite episodes whould have to be curses, snatch, and banjo. Cartoon Network! Put Space Ghost back on the air! I desperate without that show. So please put it back on the air.