Space Rangers

CBS (ended 1993)

CaptainMidnight

Space Rangers Fan Reviews (2)

7.2
  • Space Rangers could have been a big hit

While looking through the Science Fiction DVD's on Amazon I came across an old science fiction tv series from the early 90's that I really enjoyed watching, so I had to buy it. . The show was called Space Rangers. This tv show was canceled by CBS after only 4 episodes were aired. After I purchased Space Rangers from Amazon, I had the opportunity to read some of the reviews of people who had bought this DVD set. The majority of people believe, like I do that Space Rangers was an excellent tv show with great special effects for the early 90's. Many reviewers gave it 4 or 5 stars. The show started Jeff Kaake, Majorie Monaghan, and Academy Award winner Linda Hunt. I really liked this show because their was great chemistry between the characters on the show, unique stories, and as I stated early great special effects for being the early 90's. If you have not checked out this DVD I would highly recommend it. The 2 DVD set comes with the 4 originally aired episodes, and 2 unaired episodes on Disc 1. Disc 2 has the 3 tv movies which were combinations of two episodes (1&2, 3&4, 5&6). CBS was wrong for canceling Space Rangers. I believe it could have definitely had one or two seasons if CBS would have given it a chance.
  • firefly before there was firefly

yeah i know it has almost nothing in common with firely. other than it was cancelled fairly quick. still for nineteen ninty three, it was a pretty cool show. occasionly the do a marathon of the shows on encore and i check it out. i think it might have stood a chance if it had come out on a cable channel instead of network television.