Season Finale **Kill Them All**

WPack911

[1]Apr 16, 2010
    • level: 2

Seriously was that season finale amazing or what? So bad ass on so many levels, and it resolved so many story lines so fittingly and satisfyingly!!!

This show is probably one of the most surprisingly good shows ever, I have never seen a show that starts this weak and then keeps building stronger and getting better and better till it culminates into something so awesome it is almost indescribable.

Who's knows if and when we will see a second season, all I know is the first season of this show is something I will never forget for all the right reasons.

So what did you guys think?!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

xixcanezxix

[2]Apr 16, 2010
    • level: 3

That was amazing.

And I completely agree with you about how badly first couple of episodes were. Man am I glad I continued to watch.

What an epic finale.

kopeckee

[3]Apr 16, 2010
    • level: 20
    Excellent

cgrigg523

[4]Apr 17, 2010
    • level: 1

Unreal. Another vote for how bad it was in the beginning but how good it got. I've been telling all of my friends with Netflix to start watching it but always with the caveat, "You need to give it at least five or six episodes!" I remember almost turning it off after the second... So glad I didn't. Hoping for a speedy recovery for Andy!!!!!

Bamb0o-Stick

[5]Apr 17, 2010
    • level: 13

The season finale completely floored me. The first and last episode were polar opposites of one another. I cannot recommend this show enough, I would even encourage newcomers to skip the first episode completely.

There will definitely be a season two, they were already working on it when Andy Whitfield was diagnosed with cancer. I hope he beats it and recovers completely because this show is incredible.

Edited on 04/17/2010 2:10am

Quickdraw_

[6]Apr 17, 2010
    • level: 5
    Was an amazing finale to season 1. Alot of major charactors were killed off so season 2 should have alot of new strong charactors I hope!!!

StevieGstar

[7]Apr 17, 2010
    • level: 12
    Unbe*******leivable that was! One of the best finales I've ever seen from a show that is fast becoming the best thing on TV, and film for that matter. I can't praise it enough.

KILL! KILL THEM ALL!!!

haldrey

[8]Apr 17, 2010
    • level: 22
    'Kill Them All' and that they did, WOW! What an amazing finale. And now the big question, is this show getting a second season, given that the main character is, sadly, sick? Any news as to the health of Andy Whitfield?

rlyely

[9]Apr 17, 2010
    I loved it! i finished watching and it was so fitting!

Ralfberg

[10]Apr 17, 2010
    • level: 13

Yeah season finale was just epic. Very very good! Only thing that I didnt like is that Olythia or what was her name(that blonde woman, which escaped and closed the door), wasnt killed too- yea its bad to say it like that, but I really really didnt like her. But without that, a great finale, for great season.

ssa2204

[11]Apr 17, 2010
    • level: 6

As I was a big fan of HBO's Rome I was quite excited to see this show. But after the first episode I was underwhelmed to say the least. More precisely I just did not care all that much, and really expected this show to go nowhere. But....

I watched the second episode, and my feelings of disappointment lessened somewhat, but by only a small margin. However for no other reason I watched the 3rd, and by the 4th episode I was hooked. I think the lesson is true that you sometimes really just have to give a TV series a good chance, and not quickly dismiss something upon first viewing. It took two viewings of Inglorious Basterds before I could truly judge the movie. After watching this season finale I can certainly say that absolutely no judgment of this show can be made by the first two episodes.

I can not think of a better way this season could have ended. The entire style and format for this last episode was just perfect. I would not have done it any other way. I particularly enjoyed watching how so many events shown through out the previous 12 episodes all came together in one final explosian, particularly Varro's wife taking revenge.

michaelhanergod

[12]Apr 17, 2010
    • level: 7
    YES it looks like Lucretia lives. It would be crime to kill off their biggest star in the the first season finale. Besides it is freakin Lucy Lawless you xcan't kill of the ONLY one that has promoted the show on TV like crazy. She is the main star along with Andy Whitfield. Sadly the other main tar John Hannah is no more, His character died. Sucks

http://spartacus.ausxip.com/2010/04/spartacus-episode-13-recapreview-by-maryd.html
    Outcome: Crixus runs his sword through her belly. It was surprising that he walked away and had not finished Lucretia there and there. Does Crixus have a tiny sliver of something for Lucretia? I'm betting he doesn't but it was unusual.

Season 2: Lucretia lay dying but there was movement in the pool of blood...She's coming back (Lucy revealed she had signed on for Season 2). I'm going to guess that Lucretia is going to be out of some Roman blood herself and her hatred for Spartacus will reach new levels. Illythia will be in the same Hate List for sure after what she did to her BFF.

ssa2204

[13]Apr 18, 2010
    • level: 6

michaelhanergod wrote:
    Season 2: Lucretia lay dying but there was movement in the pool of blood...She's coming back (Lucy revealed she had signed on for Season 2). I'm going to guess that Lucretia is going to be out of some Roman blood herself and her hatred for Spartacus will reach new levels. Illythia will be in the same Hate List for sure after what she did to her BFF.

I think we will be seeing her (Lucretia) only in the format of the 2nd season being a prequel. Otherwise they could easily write her character to return. With this show, as long as the head remains attached anythings a possibility! We really did not see her die, we saw her gravely injured, but this does not insure death. What most likely happened is the baby was killed, but prevented serious damage to her vital organs so that survival is quite possible.

I re-watched the episode last night, and I have to say the moment where Crixus signaled to Spartacus that he would join him in rebellion was primo. I was completely unsuspecting this to happen, and the way it happened was just perfect.

LTWind

[14]Apr 18, 2010

Show definitely started weak and improved as it went. In the end I believe it was one of the best season finales EVER, and this is from someone who has watched a lot of TV.

SVU_Obsessed

[15]Apr 18, 2010
    The finale was astounding! The only thing I wish was resolved was where in the hell Navia (Nevia?) went. I wanted her and Crixus to be reunited. But I'm glad almost everyone got their due. As long as I see Illythia and Asher die sometime in the future, I'm a happy woman.

MeAgentOfChaos

[16]Apr 20, 2010
    I do not like that they killed off so many main characters.

I also liked that they killed off so many people!

holy cow, this show moves fast! but I am sad that if lucy lawless does not come back. again, as many pointed out, she may yet live and only the baby suffered the mortal wound. which would make her even more vengeful and sinister, I think.

I think it would be totally awesome if season 2 has a total reboot with new villians and characters as Spartacus gains support to build his slave army and becomes the leader of the slaves.

I hope though that they don't try to rush the history like they did with the 2nd season of Rome.

hunzaboy

[17]Apr 20, 2010
    ITs Amazing show.. one of the best i have ever seen..

5 START rather 100STARTS to the season...

The director as proved himself .. hez the best..

TheRealJayDee

[18]Apr 21, 2010

Just finished this episode and... well, I'm actually pretty speechless... holy **** what a way to end a season! One of the best seasons finales I'veever seen!!

My prayers are with Andy Whitfield, so that "together, WE SHALL SEE ROME TREMBLE!!"

Evil_saint

[19]Apr 21, 2010

HOLY **** That was one of the best season finale I have ever seen. When is season 2 going to air?

vortexjumper

[20]Apr 23, 2010
    • level: 8

In short: BEST....FINALE....EVER!!

What started as a guilty pleasure has turned into admiration and joy for a series that just got better & better & BETTER, til I found myself cheering and fist pumping the air with joy at the blood soaked & rousing finale, to end all finales. It was Legen...wait for it....