TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

Spartacus: Gods of the Arena [prequel to Spartacus: Blood and Sand]

boom-moo

[1]Dec 30, 2010
    • level: 75
    Premiering on Jan 21st. Info here and trailer here
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

telvisnostic

[2]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 52

I will be sure to watch it at my usual 2am time.

PowerSurgeX

[3]Jan 22, 2011
    • level: 6

How many parts?

amaryllis88

[4]Jan 22, 2011
    • level: 20
    Oooh this was good! It was a lil tough to sort of get into the groove of things when the episode first started...but I'm trying to tell myself, "This was how Spartacus started out last season..." with that initial toughness of getting into the storyline...things need to be set up first.

The way in which they opened up though was really good, the whole ending of the first season, and then us traveling through Batiatus' eyeball into how his ludus first began. It's so good to see our old characters back again too, how I've missed Barca, and seeing Crixus in a new way gives me new perspective on the character he grows to become.

Can't wait to see where they'll take Gaia's character, the one played by Jaime Murray, the woman I love to hate! I wonder if she'll have ulterior motives with Tellios (not sure if I spelled his name correctly or not) the one who offered, or rather, demanded to buy Gannicus from Batiatus.

And I can't wait for Batiatus to develop some scheme that gets rid of that annoying little boy! Juicy and fun!! Love it!!

xxx_Blade_xxx

[5]Jan 27, 2011
    • level: 1

What the F%!K !?!? I turned Spartacus on for 3 minutes and I must have heard the "F" word at least 10 times. Don't get me wrong, I'm by no way offended by the word... it's just that, imo, it was way overused and didn't really even fit in some of the context in which it was being used. I kid you not... at least 10 times is 3 minutes. I changed the channel.

Edited on 01/27/2011 7:34pm

telvisnostic

[6]Jan 28, 2011
    • level: 52

PowerSurgeX wrote:
    How many parts?

PowerSurgeX

[8]Feb 19, 2011
    • level: 6

Why is this show called Spartacus if there is no Spartacus in it?

boom-moo

[9]Feb 24, 2011
    • level: 75
    It is a prequel to 'Spartacus Blood and Sand' that wasn't originally in the show creators' plans but that was conceived since Andy Whitfield, the actor who played Spartacus in 'Spartacus Blood and Sand' was diagnosed with cancer and filming the second season of Blood and Sand was delayed.

Sadly, after a brief recovery he needed to go into treatment again so Liam McIntyre was chosen to take over the role of spartacus. Starz made it official that they started shooting season 2, which is expected to start airing in September. In the meantime, and to make up for the longer hiatus, we got to enjoy this prequel which has proven to be just as awesome as Blood and Sand.

Despite there is no Spartacus on it it's kept the original structure of title I guess to make it more clear that both are related, despite being independent shows so to speak and not two seasons of the same show.