WHOA. What happened to the ratings?!

strwmrk

[21]May 4, 2010
    • level: 6
    It's 6.9 at the moment. Not fair, a lot of people use this site as a guide to know how good a show is.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Retue

[22]May 4, 2010
    • level: 1
    lolz. probably some fans of some other show that are pissed that this show bumbed them down from first place ^^

djay78

[23]May 7, 2010
    I have only been on this site a few times and have been watching online alot at various sites but here in the u.k its going to be shown next week on bravo channel cannot understand why the ratings are down also.

caskew

[24]May 18, 2010
    • level: 5
    After 100 votes it was 9.9! I posted on another topic about this as it is ridiculous. I ignore TV.com's ratings now shame because I had used this site to unlock some amazing american tv shows in the past 7 years as i'm in the UK

apspeelman

[25]May 25, 2010

Very strange; the best season finale I have ever seen and still the ratings are dropping like crazy. I guess some group doesn't appriciate the level of blood and gore. I'm looking forward to the prequel but was hoping on seeing Spartacus's army plundering through Italy. I guess that would have been two expencive (most of season 1 was also only filmed inside the gladiator school). For those who do not know this Spartacus is a historic figure and truely defistated the Roman inlands. Maybe during season 3

nohamzaoglu

[26]May 29, 2010

it is best to create 10 email addresses and vote 10 with all of it and see how others react. Its probably a show on another channel at the same timeframe of spartacus which is invested heavily but loose @ ratings towards spartacus and they don't want to loose more One man can change the world, so start creating your accounts and vote 0 to enemies of this show.

zeljon

[27]May 30, 2010

I believe that a fan site from another show has started a campaign to lower the ratings of Spartacus: Blood and Sand. I have seen this done before on other shows. Show ratings cannot be trusted.

marknmo

[28]Jul 16, 2010
    • level: 12

nohamzaoglu wrote:

it is best to create 10 email addresses and vote 10 with all of it and see how others react. Its probably a show on another channel at the same timeframe of spartacus which is invested heavily but loose @ ratings towards spartacus and they don't want to loose more One man can change the world, so start creating your accounts and vote 0 to enemies of this show.

And how would that fix the problem on this site? Encouraging people to do the same thing we're complaining about is not the answer.

DanielElfring

[29]Jul 18, 2010
    6.6 FOR THE EPISODE NOW, HELLO TV.COM DO SOMETHING YOU WANT TO LOSE MEMBERS BECAUSE OF THIS BAD VOTING BEHAVIOUR?

RogerMarket

[30]Jul 19, 2010
    • level: 12

Has anyone written feedback to TV.com? Gotten an answer?

harry-boy

[31]Jul 20, 2010
    • level: 11
    this is bulls.. ! not good for the show.. not good for tv.com.. very disappointing !

futumtch1

[32]Jul 20, 2010
    • level: 5
    Even peoples personal reviews have been marked with a thumbs down.
    Some bitter morons around.

xMinergx

[33]Jul 25, 2010
    • level: 2

Came back to S: B&S to get some news on whats next, and still see the same crap as before in relation to the ratings.

I watch many shows. Mostly the famous ones, but still, in all they probably amount to 10's and 10's of shows. Yet, I don't feel the need to go and rate a show I don't appreciate as much as another badly (and falsely) just to make another show I like look better. If that show were actually any good, I wouldn't need to do that.

Also, funny to see how about every negative post on the S: B&S forum has been sent by members with only 1 post. I mean, sure I'm in the same case, but I didn't just register to bash on a great show.

Hopefully, tv.com will do something about it. The ideas and the means are there, we just need some damn motivation. Maybe get two separate ratings, one from a professional reviewer and an average of member's ratings on the side (similarly to Gamespot). Maybe only let people writing a review rate. Maybe investigate such freaking rapid downgrades in a show's ratings. Can't you see something is wrong???

Banataurs

[34]Aug 8, 2010

what tv.com can do is limit the number of accounts an ip address can have that will stop people from making multiple accounts but to stop other fan sites getting their members to vote down a show to lower ratings i have no idea

MjCrmna

[35]Sep 20, 2010
    RogerMarket wrote:

Anyone have a clue what happened to the ratings/rankings for this show? A few days ago, Kill them All had a 9.9, and almost every episode was anywhere from 0.1 to 0.6 higher than where they are now. And the show was ranked at 9.1, the third highest on TV.com! Well, it's still coming up as the third highest rated, but still, what happened to the rankings? Spartacus has a 9 now, instead of a 9.1, yet it's still in front of Simpsons (which has a 9.1)!

---Yeah! I give it an 11 out of 10! awesome work! Those people who gave an unfairly low score they don't know how to rate. Nice quick story. Great action scenes (hungry for more arena combat fights) and Nice sensual scenes! Two Thumbs up and Two big-toes up!

STRONGLY HOPING FOR A SEQUEL TO
    #1 THEIR LIFE AFTER THEIR ESCAPE FROM THE LUDUS (the evasion etc) #2 THE REAL BACKGROUND (in general) OF WHITEFIELD'S CHARACTER.

IF THEY ARE CREATING A PREQUEL. I RESPECT THAT THEY WILL SHOW THE STRUGGLE OF THE BATIATUS LUDUS IN 5 OR 6 EPISODES... I AM EXPECTING THAT THE SUCCEEDING EPISODES WILL BE A PREQUEL COVERING WHITEFIELD'S CHARACTER ROLE, FAMILY LINEAGE AND HISTORY, also, FIGHTING or WARDING OFF NOMADIC MARAUDING TRIBES OR BARBARIC TRIBES ETC..

PenguinSuzie

[36]Feb 7, 2012
    • level: 10
    It's sad that people feel the need to rate a show down. Even though they may not have seen it, or because it's popular or has a higher rating than a show they like, or they don't like it for whatever reason so do whatever they can to make it look bad.

This happens with a lot of shows. All at once many will rate it 1, with the score dropping sometimes dramatically. It seems strange, especially when reviews are mostly very high and there's only a few people who don't like it, who state there reasons. Then the score takes a hit in a short amount of time.

It's horrible that this has happened to such a great show, and that they downed the finale!

This happens to Psych as well.