Spartacus: Blood and Sand

Whore

Aired Friday 10:00 PM Mar 19, 2010 on Starz

• A lot of sex and an intense ending

Well, it seems that Spartacus has decided to do an episode completely dedicated to sex, infidelity and.. well, more sex. There was a lot of it going around, and a lot of backstabbing and conniving going around as well. I wasn't sure how I felt about this episode at first, but if anything, it showed how conniving Lucretia can be. It seems that Batiatus and her are truly meant for each other.

I felt bad that Spartacus was duped into copulating with the wife of his sworn enemy, but I'm surprised that Spartacus would agree to do it so quickly. Just an episode or two ago, there was a flashback informing us that he would never love another woman, but he's so quick to forget Sura and jump into bed with another woman.

Regardless of all that, I love the twist they did at the end.. it heightens the tension between Spartacus and Ilithyia and brings a huge twist to the episode. It was a little ridiculous.. but the show always seems to thrive on excess, so I was entertained by this episode.