Gods Of The Arena Episode 1 Past Transgressions

ice_edge

[1]Jan 20, 2011
    • level: 13

So I'm a big fan of Blood and Sand. So you guys what are you predictions on this prequel?

Is first episode going to blow us away or blow our minds?

(First time ever making first thread in a forum like this. This is awesome. I can't believe no one beat me to it with only day away. )

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Russospa

[2]Jan 21, 2011
    • level: 14
    Party beggins !!

haldrey

[3]Jan 22, 2011
    • level: 22
    Somewhat of a slow start if compared to Blood and Sand but if judged on its own pretty damn good.

PutSthCoolHere

[4]Jan 22, 2011
    • level: 7
    It was good.

WPack911

[5]Jan 22, 2011
    • level: 2

A great start IMO, I mean do I long for second season of Blood and Sand like we all do? Sure, but I am glad that Starz at least tried to stick by the star of it's show when he is going through one of the toughest things a person can go through, though as I am sure most of you know it has been recast.

This show is still great on it's own though, it looks like it will flesh out many of the main characters from Blood and Sand and give us a better understanding of them, this should help when Blood and Sand does finally does come back, at least for the main characters that are still living. It will also definitely get me to re-watch the first season of Blood and Sand after Gods of the Arena is over to try and take more from it after whatever revelations are revealed in it.

I had my doubts about this when I first heard about it, but now I am sold for sure and I think everybody else should be too.

Edited on 01/22/2011 3:34pm
    Edited 2 total times.

kalangan

[6]Jan 23, 2011
    • level: 1
    I loved this episode and it was as good as the original series!!! I really hope this takes of and becomes a success as the Spartacus series have become my absolute favourite shows! Even better than Rome.

The whole base for the storyline of the Gods of Arena is so good that it can not fail! I love how they are showing the difference between the younger versions of the characters compared to the ones we already have seen in the original series and it all makes sense! The sexy time with Zena did not hurt either!

This is the BEST series ever and I hope the other Spartacus gets a recast so that the story can go on!

clements_01

[7]Jan 23, 2011
    • level: 2

I'm so glad to have John Hannah's Batiatus back for another six episodes. Not to diminish Andy Whitfield's Spartacus, but the show almost stopped being about him and became about the Ludus and the political backstabbing behind it. Season 2 will inevitably leave it behind, but it's good to get a little more mileage out of a status quo that never stopped working.

boom-moo

[8]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 75
    WPack911 wrote:
    A great start IMO, I mean do I long for second season of Blood and Sand like we all do? Sure, but I am glad that Starz at least tried to stick by the star of it's show when he is going through one of the toughest things a person can go through
    Absolutely, and kudos to them in a great effort that turned out a really promising start to the prequel. I also had my doubts when I first heard about it but after watching the first episode I am sold too

jjmau

[9]Jan 24, 2011
    • level: 10

Yep this lived up to the original same amount of blood and sex . It was a cool episode yep, made me close my eyes a bit with the beginning fight scene but I should know what to expect by now but I still don't. There's so much i wish to say but don't want to get the boot for spilling things i shouldn't, looking forward to the next episode while i shouldn't with my studies starting back sigh

claurenntaylor

[10]Jan 24, 2011
    I miss Andy Whitfield! But I'm so glad the show is back on!

JWEBSR

[11]Jan 25, 2011
    • level: 8
    The show hasn't skipped a beat. I was skeptical, but am elated that I have a show to look forward to now.

yutg25

[12]Jan 28, 2011
    • level: 5

Hmm it took me by surprised after watching blood and sand I immediately searched for season 2; as we all know that has been delayed. (Hope Andy Whitfield is feeling better.)

The show still has the same things I liked about Blood and Sand and my first complaint was when I saw Doctore I said to myself what happened? Did Peter Mensah not join the prequel. I nearly stopped watching (Oenomaus is my favorite character-the only man who could beat Spartacus); but he was there. So cool.

Judging from the way things are when Blood and sand started and where they are now in Gods of the Arena I've taken a guess on how things are gonna go down; but, I am hopeful that the show can surprise me.

1truecanadian

[13]Jan 30, 2011
    Andy has begun his training for the second season. He beat his cancer and is ready to go!

boom-moo

[14]Jan 31, 2011
    1truecanadian wrote:
    Andy has begun his training for the second season. He beat his cancer and is ready to go!
    That is terrific news Thanks!

CjTl2005

[15]Jan 31, 2011
    • level: 11

Unless something drastic happened in the last few days, I don't think Andy will be in the 3rd season.

Here's an article dated January 21st.

BTW, this entry form (the one we use to post comments) needs work. It does not handle white space well. In fact, it assumes I meant to omit it. Then I have to go back and edit the thing 5 or 6 times just to make sure it worked the way I wanted to.

Edited on 01/31/2011 10:11pm
    Edited 4 total times.

jacster75

[16]Feb 2, 2011
    Sadly Andy Whitfield won't be returning. He stepped aside from Spartacus in September as his Cancer came back.
    Here's a news article from December 2010.
    http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/andy-whitfields-role-as-a-true-fighter/story-e6frfmqr-1225976801250

boom-moo

[17]Feb 2, 2011
    CjTl2005 wrote:

Unless something drastic happened in the last few days, I don't think Andy will be in the 3rd season.

Here's an article dated January 21st.

BTW, this entry form (the one we use to post comments) needs work. It does not handle white space well. In fact, it assumes I meant to omit it. Then I have to go back and edit the thing 5 or 6 times just to make sure it worked the way I wanted to.

The link doesn't work for me

The html of the site is messed up. I have issues with spaces, let alone the whole forum being italized.

jacster75 wrote:
    Sadly Andy Whitfield won't be returning. He stepped aside from Spartacus in September as his Cancer came back.
    Here's a news article from December 2010.
    http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/andy-whitfields-role-as-a-true-fighter/story-e6frfmqr-1225976801250
    Thanks for the link, that's too bad. All the best for Andy though!

CjTl2005

[18]Feb 6, 2011
    • level: 11
    Strange. The link I posted isn't there anymore. Now it's a bunch of gibberish. I thought it would be more elegant to put a clickable link in my text, but apparently asking people to copy-paste is the way to go.

ice_edge

[19]Feb 23, 2011
    • level: 13

Man I doubt we have better shows out there at the moment. None other show has showed so much heart (or no heart as it seemed for one gladiator..ishhh). I am not disappointed to be the first one to create a 1st thread. As for the first episode I must say it was absolutely awesome and it covered loads of ground. Did not know there where gonna be just six until later. But I guess it makes sense that way.

Edited on 03/12/2011 7:42am

opfibrecorp

[20]Mar 9, 2011

I really enjoy this show. I enjoy the action and I also enjoy the underlying lessons learned in the show. The management of Gladiators, I know maybe as a businessman I think too much about business, but sometimes it seems as if the principles in the show are also used to manage in business..