Spartacus: Vengeance Forums

Starz (ended 2012)

Spartacus Info, Articles, News & Interviews (general discussion thread)

boom-moo

[1]Mar 11, 2012
    • level: 75
    This is the thread for all Spartacus fans to talk about all and everything Spartacus related as long as it is spoiler-free.

Rules are follows:

-What is not welcome here? Spoilers
    -What is welcome here? All the rest: there is no specific topic to be discussed as long as it is Spartacus related, other than that feel free to post anything dealing with the show. Are you a researcher? Share any piece of news, article, picture or fansite. Are you creative? Post your icons, wallpapers, manips or links to fanfiction. Are willing to discuss? Post any idea, suggestion, opinion and so on.

Basically, have fun and share it

(Moved here from the episode 7 discussion thread)

PenguinSuzie wrote:

I know this isn't exactly relevant, but do you know the site TvTropes? That site is totally addictive. There's a lot about the different themes that appear in the media (& everything) like BewareTheNiceOnes, BigBad and LampshadeHanging.They have a page for pretty much everything and a Spartacus one here.

I keep hearing all about it but I reckon I have only checked it once and didn't find navigation around it easy. But then, I'm really terrible finding my way around new things. Is it fanmade? Can random users contribute with information or is the information reliable?
    Edited on 04/08/2012 2:13am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PenguinSuzie

[2]Mar 11, 2012
    • level: 10

It was started by fans. It began about the show Buffy and then grew to cover everything. Anyone can join and edit as it's largely about examples, but things can get fixed if it doesn't fit or isn't true. It's quite an entertaining site, there's a bit of a description on the main page and much more here. I hope that one helps. It's worth checking out. There's more on people putting examples in the wrong place here.It's not like Wikipedia, it's not an official database but it is informal. You should probably know about these though TropesAreTools, and analyzing the different themes and patterns can change how you watch things. I find the site a lot of fun.

I just checked it now and the Spartacus one has already been updated to include the latest episode. It's amusing to look at the pages for shows I really like, also at the character pages for those shows.

Things that are partcularly subjective usually go in the 'Your Milage May Vary' (YMMV) folder that is on pretty much every show'spage.

Edited on 03/11/2012 12:21pm
    Edited 4 total times.

boom-moo

[3]Jun 5, 2012
    • level: 75
    Season 3, to be called "Spartacus: War of the Damned" to run for 10 episodes in January 2013 will be the last ***slight spoilers*** Source.
    Edited on 06/05/2012 3:02am