Death In Spartacus

Who do you think will Die first this season?

invisiblish

[1]Jan 28, 2013
    • level: 9

With the Final Season currently in air, I am curious as to which person is believed to die first. We know that Spartacus (according to history) loses to Rome in the end. I was curious as to which of his 'Generals' will die first? We know the show loves to kill off beloved characters (Barca/Oenomaous), so which will die frst?

Note: I thought about putting Spartacus himself, but let's be real... the show will keep his death (if any) for a final block buster.

My personal vote: I think the loss of Crixus will be most damaging to Spartacus and the war front. Crixus, very sadly, is my vote

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[2]Jan 28, 2013
    • level: 75
    Hmmm... tough one!

I guess that for 6 or 8 episodes the core cast will all remain around but then some loss would be natural to make the show realistic. I have a feeling that Agron is gonna die before Nasir, that Crixus will be lost too and that Gannicus will probably remain until the very end. I'm just not sure if Crixus or Agron is going first but I'd say Crixus as well.

invisiblish

[3]Jan 29, 2013
    You make a good point about Agron and Nasir. I actually have cause to rethink my position. It might be Naevia. I think that she and Crixus will 'go out in a blaze of glory'. If she doesn't die immediately, she will most likely lead to Crixus' demise. I think Gannicus will deliver the 'I Am Spartacus' line. I'm not sure that anyone will survive, but my money would be on him more than anyone else. A bit of irony as he believes the least in the effort, might be him back in the arena by the end.

boom-moo

[4]Feb 10, 2013
    Rethinking my choice here as well. I fear that Naevia's cray behaviour might be a constant so I think that it'll be her undoing. So, with 1/3-ish of the show aired I'm going to venture a little list to keep the discussion going:

Naevia, Crixus, Agron, Nasir, Gannicus.

2nd and 3rd I see as interchangeable as of yet but since I think that 3, 4 and 5 will die in the final episode placing Crixus first is a better notion to me.

Lol might have to do the list over come the 2/3 of the show

invisiblish

[5]Feb 11, 2013
    boom-moo wrote:
    Lol might have to do the list over come the 2/3 of the show

Agreed.

My list:

Naevia, Crixus, Nasir, Agron, Spartacus. Gannicus lives.

I think at the moment my caveats are who exactly goes first Naevia or Crixus, her instability is definitely going to cause some deaths. I also think Spartacus will die with a 'brother' thus I chose Agron over Crixus. And finally... sad to say, the more Gannicus becomes a hero, the more he is likely to die a hero.

boom-moo

[6]Mar 10, 2013
    I've pulled a list of the casualties so far just because. If my memory serves me well:

Death in Spartacus: War of the Damned:
    Romans: Cossinius (ep #1), Furius (ep #1), Laurus (ep #2), Ennius (ep #2), Attius (ep #3), Sabinus (ep #4), Ulpianus (ep #4), Cassius (ep #4), Fabia (ep #4).
    Rebels: Diotimos (ep #2), Totus (ep #3), Sanus (ep #5), Nemetes (ep #5), Donar (ep #6).
    Slaves: Hilarus (ep #1).
    Other: Heracleo (ep #6).

Swift79b

[7]Mar 21, 2013
    • level: 1
    My list:
    Naevia, Crixus, Agron, Nasir and Spartacus. Gannicus lives!

Naevia's instability is certainly going to cause many deaths, perhaps even Crixus himself. Agron and Nasir are interchangeable, in my opinion. though Nasir has shown some impeccable fighting skills lately and I would love to see him go down in a blaze of glory for Agron. Spartacus demise will keep us glued until the end - in War of the Damned Spartacus seems to be grooming Gannicus and hoping he'll take over Leadership if necessary, so I hope the unlikely hero (Gannicus) survives... along with a bunch of rebels, in green pastures. (away from Rome!)

boom-moo

[8]Mar 22, 2013
    Wow, there goes Crixus

Time to fix up those lists. Mine:

Naevia, Agron, Nasir, Spartacus, Gannicus.

Gah, and no new episode in 2 weeks!

marknmo

[9]Mar 22, 2013
    • level: 12

Agron died first, which I was deeply saddened by. But then came Crixus's death, which definitely opened my flood gates tonight. I was sad Agron didn't have a moment of real glory before his death.

Edited on 03/22/2013 9:55pm

boom-moo

[10]Mar 22, 2013
    marknmo wrote:

I was sad Agron didn't have a moment of real glory before his death.

That's why I don't think he is dead, his character surely deserves better than becoming another random rebel casualty. I believe that it would have been shown without the shadow of a doubt if he was dead for real (Donar comes to mind there). That, and a little something in the preview for next episode but I'll leave it at that.
    Edited on 03/22/2013 10:04pm

invisiblish

[11]Mar 22, 2013
    boom-moo wrote:
    marknmo wrote:

I was sad Agron didn't have a moment of real glory before his death.

That's why I don't think he is dead, his character surely deserves better than becoming another random rebel casualty. I believe that it would have been shown without the shadow of a doubt if he was dead for real (Donar comes to mind there). That, and a little something in the preview for next episode but I'll leave it at that.

I understand the point of Agron but I'd be a little disappointed in the show if they did that. It's easy to see (from the preview) Naevia's role as survivor but for Agron to survive as well would be a bit of a stretch.

I have to go back to the episode recap, I forgot to mention Naevia's role in the finale battle.

boom-moo

[12]Mar 23, 2013
    invisiblish wrote:
    It's easy to see (from the preview) Naevia's role as survivor but for Agron to survive as well would be a bit of a stretch.
    If you look closely you can see him (and hear him) in the preview as well

invisiblish

[13]Mar 25, 2013
    boom-moo wrote:
    invisiblish wrote:
    It's easy to see (from the preview) Naevia's role as survivor but for Agron to survive as well would be a bit of a stretch.
    If you look closely you can see him (and hear him) in the preview as well

I'm not saying he isn't alive, I'm saying he shouldn't be. As sad as it is to say, his surviving the last episode feels cheap somehow. Perhaps I'll feel differently after watching the finale, but it feels cheap right now. A cop-out of sorts...

KVBenson

[14]Mar 25, 2013

As Crixus has left (sob) I think Gannicus will fight with Ceaser this will be the downfall of gannicus, Naivea will be with child and survive I beleive, Agron I think is crucified but exchanged somehow in a deal for ceaser as he is captured survives last munite to see the show down but will die as will hes partner!? I think Spartacus will be unknown like in the 80s classic young guns 2 (I hope anyways) this show is brutal to watch and can be cruel to the fans of the Rebels - awsome entertainment though! Ive also herd they will make a spinoff following Cesaer!

invisiblish

[15]Mar 26, 2013
    KVBenson wrote:

As Crixus has left (sob) I think Gannicus will fight with Ceaser this will be the downfall of gannicus, Naivea will be with child and survive I beleive, Agron I think is crucified but exchanged somehow in a deal for ceaser as he is captured survives last munite to see the show down but will die as will hes partner!? I think Spartacus will be unknown like in the 80s classic young guns 2 (I hope anyways) this show is brutal to watch and can be cruel to the fans of the Rebels - awsome entertainment though! Ive also herd they will make a spinoff following Cesaer!

I did rewatch the episode and it does appear that Agron is alive and being crucified. I would venture that he is the body that is being burnt as a tribute and the fights that ensue (Tiberius' guards from the looks of Spartacus' opponents) are in his honor.

So as the list currently appears: Crixus, soon Agron

The comment about Naevia being with child would actually make for a good ending. I guess it would make sense as well, I still see Spartacus dying with a brother, in this case Gannicus (the only true brother remaining).

Thus my list appears as so: Nasir, Gannicus, Spartacus, Naevia lives

Glad and VERY sad that I got the first pick right... poor Crixus.

KVBenson

[16]Mar 26, 2013

Well the episode of Crixus hasnt aired here in the U.K yet I got impatient and red a review which had the spoilers.. I then was a little nosy and you-tubed it.. I think Crixus was an awsome warrior but he's let down was rash thinking and lack of strategy, If he stuck with Spartacus it could have been a different story *oh well. From what I saw of the preview Agron was captured by the romans and appeared to be crucified!? Ceaser was captured by the Rebels so what I predict is Ceaser to save hes tale actually lures Tiberius to the rebel camp (this the rebels killing Tiberius removing the competition in Ceasers favour two birds one stone - very clever!) through out the whole series we have been teased with a Cesear and Gannicus showdown.. I think this will actually happen but Gannicus will fall which will be sad as Gannicus is probaly the better warrior of all the Rebels. there seems to be chemistry with Agrons partner and the pirate - there must be a reason for this, so perhaps they live? I still think Naivia will live and be with child as will Laeta it was rumored that Spartacus had a son who grows up a free man. I think during the final battle Kore will be truck down and there will be a farewell scene between her and Carassus - lay dying in he's arms on the field e.c.t. I think Saxa will also fall in battle on the field and Sybill will survive, as I said I think the writers of this show can be cruel they sure as hell dont let the viewer relax if they do its a setup for a upset lol the end I think (perhaps Im looking a little too much into this!?) Spartacus dons a purple gown cape thing.. its quite distinctve and loud -why? so I think after the great battle we will see a sillhouette of this cape walking maybe a slight shimmer of the purple in the shadows without actually seeing him - as I said I really hope this is the case and not doom and gloom there is a glimpse of survival for him. Ive heard they maybe making another show in the same style following Ceaser - I think they should! he had a huge impact in history.

KVBenson

[17]Mar 26, 2013
    [QUOTE="KVBenson"]

Well the episode of Crixus hasnt aired here in the U.K yet I got impatient and red a review which had the spoilers.. I then was a little nosy and you-tubed it.. I think Crixus was an awsome warrior but he's let down was rash thinking and lack of strategy, If he stuck with Spartacus it could have been a different story *oh well. From what I saw of the preview Agron was captured by the romans and appeared to be crucified!? Ceaser was captured by the Rebels so what I predict is Ceaser to save hes tale actually lures Tiberius to the rebel camp (this the rebels killing Tiberius removing the competition in Ceasers favour two birds one stone - very clever!) through out the whole series we have been teased with a Cesear and Gannicus showdown.. I think this will actually happen but Gannicus will fall which will be sad as Gannicus is probaly the better warrior of all the Rebels. there seems to be chemistry with Agrons partner and the pirate - there must be a reason for this, so perhaps they live? I still think Naivia will live and be with child as will Laeta it was rumored that Spartacus had a son who grows up a free man. I think during the final battle Kore will be truck down and there will be a farewell scene between her and Carassus - lay dying in he's arms on the field e.c.t. I think Saxa will also fall in battle on the field and Sybill will survive, as I said I think the writers of this show can be cruel they sure as hell dont let the viewer relax if they do its a setup for a upset lol the end I think (perhaps Im looking a little too much into this!?) Spartacus dons a purple gown cape thing.. its quite distinctve and loud -why? so I think after the great battle we will see a sillhouette of this cape walking maybe a slight shimmer of the purple in the shadows without actually seeing him - as I said I really hope this is the case and not doom and gloom there is a glimpse of survival for him. Ive heard they maybe making another show in the same style following Ceaser - I think they should! he had a huge impact in history. Id like to add I think there will be a aftermath sequence showing the crucifictions along Appian way, Pompey also killing the remaining rebels and gaining all the credit.

invisiblish

[18]Mar 26, 2013
    KVBenson wrote:

Ive heard they maybe making another show in the same style following Ceaser - I think they should! he had a huge impact in history. Id like to add I think there will be a aftermath sequence showing the crucifictions along Appian way, Pompey also killing the remaining rebels and gaining all the credit.

I would be very interested in this, hopefully they do and keep the actors the same. I really would like to see Crassus, Caesar, and Pompey rising to triumph while continually fighting amongst themselves. I'd also be very interested in going so far as to see Cleopatra, Brutus, and Marc Antony. A Caesar series could be absolutely epic, perhaps more so than Spartacus.

Anyone else find it a bit ironic that not only did Crixus hold the weapon that ended his life but he threw down the spear that brought his downfall? He was just fighting Caesar with the spear before he drew Tiberius' sword to finish Caesar. So far Tiberius has 2 kills of note: both Gauls.

boom-moo

[19]Mar 26, 2013
    invisiblish wrote:
    I'm not saying he isn't alive, I'm saying he shouldn't be. As sad as it is to say, his surviving the last episode feels cheap somehow. Perhaps I'll feel differently after watching the finale, but it feels cheap right now. A cop-out of sorts...
    I don’t think it’s that far-fetched. Many soldiers end up wounded (in all manners and degrees) after battle and captured as prisoners like Donar was before. As per the preview for episode 9 we know that the Romans have at least 500 of Spartacus' men so I find within the realm of possiblitly that Agron is one of those (he seems to have been badly slashed rather than deeply pierced so a blood loss together with previous blows could have rendered him unconscious like we last saw him).

invisiblish wrote:
    I did rewatch the episode and it does appear that Agron is alive and being crucified. I would venture that he is the body that is being burnt as a tribute and the fights that ensue (Tiberius' guards from the looks of Spartacus' opponents) are in his honor.
    Yes, Agron is the one who comes around when the water is thrown at him and then crucified (his scar is clearly visible when he is watered and his face with a swollen eye can be seen for a split scecond when he is put down in the cross). However I'm pretty certain that the head is Crixus’ since I can't see any body attached to it.

KVBenson wrote:
    Well the episode of Crixus hasnt aired here in the U.K yet I got impatient and red a review which had the spoilers.. I then was a little nosy and you-tubed it..
    Your comment is totally fine as it deals with events that have aired already or with the preview at the end of the last episode but just in case, please bear in mind that spoilers are not allowed out of the spoilers thread

KVBenson wrote:
    From what I saw of the preview Agron was captured by the romans and appeared to be crucified!? Ceaser was captured by the Rebels so what I predict is Ceaser to save hes tale actually lures Tiberius to the rebel camp (this the rebels killing Tiberius removing the competition in Ceasers favour two birds one stone - very clever!)
    Yes, Agron is crucified by Caesar but Caesar ends up in Spartacus’ hands so I have a feeling that Spartacus is going to interrupt mid-party and rescue Agron. Later on Caesar tells Spartacus: “I offer fair trade: 500 of your men taken in battle against Crixus for Tiberius’ life” so that’s what Caesar has in mind for Tiberius. My gut tells me that Spartacus is going to accept the deal although its terms aren’t very clear yet to me.

KVBenson wrote:
    there seems to be chemistry with Agrons partner and the pirate - there must be a reason for this, so perhaps they live?
    That’s one of the reasons that make me believe that Agron is gonna be rescued. Why show us in the preview that he survived the battle only to show immediately afterwards that he is crucified? That’s too much giving away. Early in ep 8 we see Agron agreeing with Spartacus that going into confrontation with the Romans is not the best path but then he decides to join Crixus and do so. As I see it, he was willingly walking into what he more or less considered to be a suicide mission to grant Nasir the chance to be free (and the ultimate selfless act of love that is granting Nasir the chance to start over with Castus) so I think that he is gonna be rewarded for that with his life (for one one more episode at least) instead of losing it in the cross which will make Nasir turn away from Castus and not consider the pirate a chance to happiness even if Agron dies and Nasir doesn't. And just for the sake of blurting out further theories of mine I think that Castus is going to die in a brave manner by getting between either Agron or Nasir and a Roman in the last episode (and hence saving one of their lives for a while at least).

KVBenson wrote:
    Ive heard they maybe making another show in the same style following Ceaser - I think they should! he had a huge impact in history.
    I would love it too! Steven DeKnight has said in his twitter that it’s a possibility so there’s some hope…

invisiblish wrote:
    So far Tiberius has 2 kills of note: both Gauls.
    I'll update my list:

Death in Spartacus: War of the Damned:

Romans: Cossinius (killed by Spartacus ep #1), Furius (killed by Spartacus ep #1), Laurus (killed by Gannicus ep #2), Ennius (killed by Spartacus ep #2), Attius (killed by Naevia in ep #3), Sabinus (killed by Tiberius and other Romans in ep #4), Ulpianus (killed by Nemetes ep #4), Cassius (killed by Caesar ep #4), Fabia (killed by Caesar ep #4), Arrius (killed by Crixus ep #8 ), Tiberius (Killed by Kore ep #9.

Rebels: Diotimos (killed by Laurus ep #2), Totus (killed by Tiberius ep #3), Sanus (killed by Heracleo ep #5), Nemetes (killed by Caesar ep #5), Donar (kills himself ep #6), Brictius (killed by Caesar ep #8 ), Crixus (killed by Tiberius ep #8 ).

Slaves: Hilarus (killed by Crassus ep #1).

Other: Heracleo (killed by Laeta ep #6).
    Edited on 04/06/2013 9:04am
    Edited 2 total times.