Episode 5 'Blood Brothers' discussion thread

boom-moo

[1]Feb 27, 2013
    • level: 75
    Please post your opinions/comments/discussion topics on episode 5 "Blood Brothers" to air on March 1st here.

-Spoilers are not allowed.
    -Bashing ships/characters is not allowed.
    -Discussion is welcome, arguing is not.
    -Trolls won't be fed, ignore and report it is.
    -Be respecful, keep it cool.

Thank you

(As per usual, I'll open a discussion thread for every new episode every Thursday and keep it locked until Friday. Past experience shows that comments posted before the episode airs tend to spoil the episode for spoiler free people and also, episode discussion threads that are opened days before their airing date tend to end up buried and reopened by different users which leads to confusion and clutter. Any comments regarding this episode should be done in the Spoilers thread until the episode has aired. Thank you.)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

invisiblish

[2]Mar 2, 2013
    • level: 9
    Well thought out plan, sadly Caesar's presence troubled it from the beginning.

Glad to see Nemetes get his, especially with Caesar keeping true to his word. I was actually curious if Crixus would make note of his demise hence them returning to aid Spartacus. Just dumb luck I suppose?

Poor Agron, it appears as though his repeated spurn of Nasir's words and kindness will be their last interaction. Granted they had a brief moment of understanding but I feel that it was still lacking true forgiveness. As is true with most protagonists, we wish to see them live on in infamy but alas are resigned to deserved and inevitable fate. Greatest hope is that they should go as many before them: 'In a Blaze of Glory'

Perhaps I missed it but did Heracleo kill his number 2? I thought Spartacus made mention of it prior to the treacherous revelation, but I couldn't be sure. Last he was seen Caesar made a point of slighting him as he was sickened toward a wall.

Really sucks to see the series ending, especially knowing that this is the half-way point of the series finally. It's not often you get such great story telling through-out the entirety of a series, especially in an 'action series'.

Final though...

Wow, just wow.

PenguinSuzie

[3]Mar 2, 2013
    • level: 10

Brilliant episode! I was getting nervous near the end and trying to remember if I'd seen Gannicus in any of the seasons trailers (in any scenes that haven't aired yet) but I couldn't remember.

You could see certain things coming, like Caeser killing Nemetes when he offered to help him, and that it was becoming more likely that Tiberius would hurt Kore in order to get to his father. That was disturbing. While I'm glad that he's still emotional about it and didn't simply get over it in the next episode, that was a horrifying thing for him to do. I wonder if Crassus will find out immediately when he returns or if it's s secret that either of them will keep from them. Either Tiberius will calm down and realize what he did, or he'll want his father to know in order for him to suffer. Or of course he'll just keep the knowledge to himself but still take satisfaction in the fact that he took hurt someone his father cares about. I wonder if he believes in some way that his father loves Kore more than him. Kore might be quick to let Crassus know, or she might pity Tiberius and hide it from his father to avoid Crassus' wrath on him.

On a random note does it bother anyone else that Crassus and Kore talk about his son and his family while they're starting to get hot and heavy. Not before, but while. I'm pretty sure they did something similar in the last episode, while half feeling each other up and dressing. I find it a little creepy.

Crixus is such a hothead. I'm so glad though that he bonded with Spartacus again.

I like the dynamic between Spartacus and Gannicus. I can imagine this being a good friendship. I agree with Spartacus, Ganncus is more level headed than a lot of the more impulsive rebels.

I liked that Naevia tried to find common ground with Gannicus. Though even when she was talking to him, the way she talked made it seem like despite the fact that she no longer thinks that Attius had it coming, she doesn't seem to have taken any actual responsibility for his death.

Pity about the pirates, I quite liked them. Still, it wasn't exactly a shock that they turned on him.

Caeser is quite frustrating. He's an interesting character, but I didn't want to see him mess everything up.

I do love how smart and compassionate Spartacus is.

Gannicus is quickly becoming one of my favourites, at least in this series.

Not new to this episode, but just in general I like that Saxa's accent shows when she speaks English (I'm not sure what language they're all suppose to be speaking in-verse when they speak English. Italian or Latin I suppose.) and that she gets quite guttural, especially when she shouts.

I'm reminded a little bit of Buffy in the fact that I think like with that show that this show has a philosophy of 'if a couple is happy something awful is going to happen to mess it all up'. It also tends to be the pattern for pairings on this show. Like with Agron and Nassir. Though if they both get away and meet up to escape together instead of being separated or killed then the close call might bring them back together.

Edited on 03/02/2013 5:26pm

boom-moo

[4]Mar 2, 2013
    invisiblish wrote:
    I was actually curious if Crixus would make note of his demise hence them returning to aid Spartacus. Just dumb luck I suppose?
    It was perfect timing indeed and since it wasn't really explained why Crixus went in Spartacus' aid we are left to guess. I guess I think that Crixus discovered Nemetes' and the other rebels' bodies and put two and two together.

invisiblish wrote:
    Poor Agron, it appears as though his repeated spurn of Nasir's words and kindness will be their last interaction.
    I think it won't but I'd be really disappointed if Agron doesn't offer Nasir an apology.

invisiblish wrote:
    Perhaps I missed it but did Heracleo kill his number 2? I thought Spartacus made mention of it prior to the treacherous revelation, but I couldn't be sure. Last he was seen Caesar made a point of slighting him as he was sickened toward a wall.
    They were talking about Sanus, the big bald rebel with a beard and a deep voice, the one that was sent with Heracleo in advance. I think that Castus is alive in Sinuessa, and I wouldn't want to be on his shoes when Agron hears of the pirates' treason although well, they are busy at the moment with the Romans.

PenguinSuzie wrote:
    Kore might be quick to let Crassus know, or she might pity Tiberius and hide it from his father to avoid Crassus' wrath on him.
    I'm very curious about this too. I don't see Kore telling Crassus because he may very well hurt Tiberius big time but at the same time it's the sort of thing that should surface sooner or later.

Kore's reassuring Crassus that she won't ever be taken from his arms until the gods fall from the heavens (or something like that) made me feel that Tiberius is going to kill her as and eye for an eye. And staying on the 'one eye for an eye' topic, as I see it by raping Kore Tiberius pretty much stated that Sabinus was his loved one too (plus he didn't seem a virgin which doesn't necessarily mean that he was sleeping with Sabinus but still something I noticed).

I liked that Tiberius decided to stay with his men instead of welcoming Kore's offer to the comfort of her tent, he is certainly his father's son in the making.

PenguinSuzie wrote:
    On a random note does it bother anyone else that Crassus and Kore talk about his son and his family while they're starting to get hot and heavy. Not before, but while. I'm pretty sure they did something similar in the last episode, while half feeling each other up and dressing.
    It doesn't bother me timing-wise due to the circumstances (I guess that their sex encounters is their only opportunity to exchange words) but I still think that if there isn't a deeper meaning into Kore's keen interest on Tiberius then it is pretty random/repetitive and sort of unnecesary. I think that Crassus can handle Tiberius well enough without Kore being a Jimminy Cricket.

PenguinSuzie wrote:
    I liked that Naevia tried to find common ground with Gannicus. Though even when she was talking to him, the way she talked made it seem like despite the fact that she no longer thinks that Attius had it coming, she doesn't seem to have taken any actual responsibility for his death.
    I was hoping that Naevia would apologize properly but she tried to make amends with Gannicus without getting off her high worse which I totally hated. had to love Gannicus telling her that since she is a warrior now next time she messes up with him he will forget all courtesy and simply treat her as one.

Naevia is really irking me this season being but the fuel to Crixus' anger most of the time. I would have gladly gagged her quiet in the scene where they learn that Spartacus had left the city.

Tsk, tsk, Agron. I like him and his way to follow orders regardless of how repulsed and uncomfortable he was by tending to the Romans. However, being jealous is one thing but being bossy and possessive is a no no. I'm glad that Nasir put his foot down and loved his reply about not getting a collar back on for him. I trust Nasir in that he didn't seek Castus but even if he thinks so, I'm not sure that Castus came upon Nasir in the streets by chance. Heracleo pretty much confirmed that Castus is taken and heartbroken so my guess is that he was looking for Nasir when Crixus and his men got all crazy. Anyway, Nasir telling Agron that he would believe him no matter what struck a cord with Agron and I hope to see his reaction to that when he has a chance to go over the whole thing again. Also, I haven't thought of it that way but here Dan gives a nice explanation about Agron's fear to lose Nasir like he did Duro.

Crassus exchanges with Senator Metellus were pure gold, he kept giving all the right answers to Metellus' attacks, such a nice verbal sparring! Very cool to hear again that Crassus admires Spartacus as a man of courage and intellect, he knows that he won't be defeated by brutal force only and he is a perfect match to that. I had to lol at him engaging the Senator's men into battle and shutting Metellus' mouth with such a double edged move.

And speaking of nice verbal sparrings, Crixus totally knew how to reach Agron where it hurts him more (mentioning Duro). Agron didn't lose his temper and kept a cool head but I wonder how much he believes his own words and how much he dues respect to Spartacus and his promise to honour him and follow command.

Interesting to know that Pompey has achieved a big victory in Spain and is going back to Rome. Lol at the irony of Nemetes providing Caesar with the sword that he will use to kill him. Like Caesar, I wouldn't have believed him either.

Spartacus insisting that Gannicus should assume role of leader and Gannicus' repeated jokes about liking appalling odds, crazy plans and not fearing to die makes me think that Gannicus might be the one to survive. Loved Gannicus' honesty mentioning that not being for Naevia K.O.-ing him he would have joined Crixus in slaughtering the Romans. And interesting about Spartacus mentioning that one day Gannicus might find "reason closer to heart" to become leader. It seemed to confirm to me that Gannicus doesn't hold real love feelings towards Saxa, who by the way, is becoming more clingy by the minute.

The attack on the grain cart must have been one of the cheesiest fight scenes in the whole show. The Roman soldiers simply remained still until they were engaged in battle (aka, killed with one blow in most cases). Save a couple of moves, I didn't like it one bit.

Spartacus' plan was a truly well thought one. The only moment where I realized that he was up to something was when he spoke of the division in his ranks and revealed his plans to Laeta before freeing her. By the way, there were more Roman left alive that it seemed at the end of last episode.

I was totally 'wow' when Spartacus discredited Crixus in front of everyone and thought that they were beyong making amends again. However Spartacus managed to bring everyone (Crixus, Gannicus and Agron) back to the fold in common cause and Crixus sort of redeemed himself by taking it all on stride.

PenguinSuzie

[5]Mar 2, 2013

boom-moo wrote:
    The attack on the grain cart must have been one of the cheesiest fight scenes in the whole show. The Roman soldiers simply remained still until they were engaged in battle (aka, killed with one blow in most cases). Save a couple of moves, I didn't like it one bit.
    I don't think I noticed that. Do you mean that instead of charging all at once they seemed to wait their turn. I think this actually has a place in reality as a group with swords charging one opponent all at once are likely to end up hurting each other as much as the opponent, and lack any space to maneuver properly. In a way it would be easier for Spartacus to take out more of them faster. I think it's about chaos. All at once equals chaos, but singularly or a few at a time will have some control. But up against an opponent like Spartacus who is much more skilled than them; all hounding him at once would be their only chance to win. It would kill most of them at the same time though. I don't really blame them for hanging back and hoping he gets worn out by the constant attacks. There did seem to be several fighting against Spartacus and Gannicus each, but it did seem very much like they killed one roman dramatically at a time while several of them were still in the boat. The troubles with being a faceless mook are never ending.

invisiblish

[6]Mar 2, 2013
    Apologies, I'm working from the bottom up here:

I actually really liked the grain cart scene. If you go back to Blood and Sand the Thracian w/ Roman fight scenes were very similar. In fact the montage where Spartacus' many victories are talked about was taken almost verbatim from the first episode. Also, the cart scene was fairly believable as they had absolutely no reason to expect an attack, Spartacus is miles away locked in a city with an army within march of it's walls.

I really didn't expect anything less from Crixus and Spartacus. Much like their 'Death Match', Crixus found reason as Spartacus laid out clear path and infallible reason for such moves. I'm actually very happy that he arrived and fought side by side as he did when rescuing Spartacus from Glabur in the city streets. Funny how Spartacus had his moment of hotheadedness and Crixus managed rescue now Crixus has managed again while being hotheaded. Just goes to show how important Crixus and his fighting abilities are.

I feel a little cheated by Spartacus. He has always had a habit of being double sided with his plans; this plan however he was very lopsided and might as well have stolen it straight from Crassus himself. Whether Crassus would have fallen for it or not is highly questionable, alas Caesar provided proper incursion. Crassus began to question Laeta about the information, making a point to put Senator Metellus in his place. If not for the immediate messenger I would expect a more thorough inquiry, with possible torture. I expect that Laeta will meet her end soon enough at Crassus' hands (perhaps bait for Spartacus' life/surrender).

Gannicus has already mentioned many times that he agreed with Crixus but sided with Spartacus' decision in the matter. I think it's of note that Spartacus continues to challenge Gannicus' thoughts of himself. Gannicus fathoms himself as a ruthless, bloodthirsty tyrant however Spartacus sees him as the level headed believer. I think Gannicus is having trouble adjusting to life without Oenomaous, knowing that he is dead is trouble some. In Gods of the Arena, Gannicus was much as he is now: a drinking, whoring mongrel who cared for himself and did only what he was told. However, after Lucretia's whine poisoning he has taken on more of a Harbinger type role. He even spoke to Oenomaous saying that he would kill in her honor. I think without him he finds himself more comfortable in his previous, self-serving role but unable to truly be so. His quip to Naevia was priceless, 'You're a warrior now, cross me again and I'll treat you like one.'

I believe it was mentioned about the History of Spartacus, Pompey, Crassus, and Caesar's actual roles, and the fracturing of Spartacus' men. I'm not at all shocked that Pompey is mentioned, and would only be so shocked if he did not appear in the series at all. I did take from just before the exchange the importance of the wood carving. I thought that Crassus was just keeping his men busy (foolish of me) but the battering ram being built and later used was pretty awesome. I did expect that Metellus' men were used to carry it (hence the men Crixus wanted to openly attack- and perhaps he should have?)

Crixus made a great attempt to rile Agron up, I liked Agron's reply more so than anything else: We are different men. While it clearly stated that Agron has changed, it had a double meaning with Crixus returning to (as discussed with Spartacus) his Gladatorial ways. Heracleo said that Castus was heartbroken about his wife back home. I wonder if Castus believes 'if not with a woman then I am not betraying her'. Perhaps he doesn't care, but Heracleo's words seem to suggest otherwise.

I know we have rumored the Tiberius-Sabinus thing but I'm dropping it. They time for such a revelation has long since passed, I'm going to play it off as possibly ambiguous but probable fandom. History of the show would lead us to believe such a thing possible but not always likely.

I do, however, have a new theory to present: Tiberius and Kore (as previously stated) may develop into something. I know that Kore loves Crassus, but after Tiberius began she slowly began to relax into it (A'la Gannicus). Perhaps I'm wrong but if she keeps it from Crassus I'll double my odds on it. Crassus will or should know that something is wrong with her anyway. As noted they speak of Tiberius during their encounters. I do think it is important to note that talk of Tiberius is pillow talk for them (ie. after the deed is done). I think the point of the talk is for us the fans to establish Kore as much more than just a sex slave or possible lust fascination of Crassus. He clearly values her opinion and discusses more with her than his wife and/or son. Speaking of Tiberius again, he clearly states that Crassus loves her more than he, she attempts to dissuade him and then he goes into his rage.

To note: I think Castus is unaware of Heracleo's betrayal. Remember they both went out drinking and he was left in Sinuessa while Heracleo himself went abroad to gather the romans. Like I previously stated, last we saw of him Caesar was passing by his drunken self. Not that it matters much; I'm quite sure that Nasir will end his life himself. He was with Spartacus and co. at the ship fending off Heracleo's betrayal.

About myself: I watched Gods of the Arena first, perhaps this explains why I like Gannicus so much. It also gives me reason to dislike Crixus, although written after Blood and Sand, Crixus was treated much like Spartacus, Varro, Duro, and Agron, yet when he rose to be Champion of Cappua, he did nothing but keep this treatment coming. Leads to Spartacus' character and even Gannicus'. As both defended their fellow slaves, though Gannicus to an extent.

invisiblish

[7]Mar 2, 2013
    Further apologies for posting a book on here without quoting anyone... guess I just like to talk. Haha

boom-moo

[8]Mar 3, 2013
    PenguinSuzie wrote:
    Do you mean that instead of charging all at once they seemed to wait their turn. I think this actually has a place in reality as a group with swords charging one opponent all at once are likely to end up hurting each other as much as the opponent, and lack any space to maneuver properly.
    invisiblish wrote:
    the cart scene was fairly believable as they had absolutely no reason to expect an attack, Spartacus is miles away locked in a city with an army within march of it's walls.
    No, it's not about fighting strategy or their reasons to attack the cart. It's about the way the Roman soldiers reacted. Without meaning any disrespect for whoever staged the fight, many of the Roman soldiers just stood in place (in their marks I guess) waiting for the rebels to engage them in fight instead of taking the initiative or at least pretending that they were doing something. I understand that a fight scene with so many actors and so many extras is very difficult to film, but I think that the editing could have been better not to show those extras waiting (even the rebels at some point). Maybe it was meant to show that they were hesitating and appraising the situation before making a move although I reckon that the slow-mo doesn't help much with that.

invisiblish wrote:
    Crassus began to question Laeta about the information, making a point to put Senator Metellus in his place. If not for the immediate messenger I would expect a more thorough inquiry, with possible torture. I expect that Laeta will meet her end soon enough at Crassus' hands (perhaps bait for Spartacus' life/surrender).
    Agreed, Crassus wasn't buying it, he knows Spartacus too well to question his releasing of a woman who has been made privy to vital information. I have no doubt that Crassus will use Laeta as well but I don't think that he is going to kill her or use her as a lure, she doesn't mean much to Spartacus after all.

invisiblish wrote:
    Gannicus has already mentioned many times that he agreed with Crixus but sided with Spartacus' decision in the matter.
    I know but one thing is agreeing with Crixus and another acting on that belief. He stands like Agron in that regard so I was nicely impressed when he confessed that he might have joined in the slaughter and hence, betrayed and disrespected Spartacus.

invisiblish wrote:
    Heracleo said that Castus was heartbroken about his wife back home. I wonder if Castus believes 'if not with a woman then I am not betraying her'. Perhaps he doesn't care, but Heracleo's words seem to suggest otherwise.
    I don't think so, he said that he was heartbroken about Nasir. Around the 05'00 mark:

Heracleo: All has been prepared for your voyage, King Spartacus.
    Spartacus: (Giving him money) As agreed upon. With many times its weight to follow.
    Heracleo: (To Castus) More than enough for wine and for soft lips around your cock huh? To remove lingering thoughts of the Syrian boy.

invisiblish wrote:
    I do, however, have a new theory to present: Tiberius and Kore (as previously stated) may develop into something. I know that Kore loves Crassus, but after Tiberius began she slowly began to relax into it (A'la Gannicus).
    I don't think she relaxed into it like Melitta did. Melitta started to take active part, to touch Ganiccus, she grabbed his bum and pressed him deeper into her, she was clearly into it. I think that Kore simply gave up, stopped yelling and resigned herself to her fate. She remained stone dead, her sight lost and her countenance of profound pain (and I don't mean a physical one) . Like Tiberius told her, she is but a slave to do as commanded after all. At least that's how I see it.

invisiblish wrote:
    I think Castus is unaware of Heracleo's betrayal. Remember they both went out drinking and he was left in Sinuessa while Heracleo himself went abroad to gather the romans. Like I previously stated, last we saw of him Caesar was passing by his drunken self. Not that it matters much; I'm quite sure that Nasir will end his life himself. He was with Spartacus and co. at the ship fending off Heracleo's betrayal.
    Yes, he was last seen throwing up against a wall, I thought you were referring to him when you mentioned that Heracleo had killed his number 2. Castus and Agron are within Sinuessa while Nasir is out with Spartacus. At some point, Castus is to fall to Nasir or Agron. If it is Nasir who kills him, I hope it doesn't serve as a way for Agron to want him back without a proper apology on his part. He should trust Nasir's feelings without the need of such a gesture.

invisiblish wrote:
    Further apologies for posting a book on here without quoting anyone... guess I just like to talk. Haha
    That's alright, we might be few but we surely are passionate about the show which is fantastic. I enjoy greatly reading all your thoughts and being forced to see things through different perspectives, it's very enriching.

Just try not to double post though as it goes against the site rules. Use the "edit" function in the drop down menu at the bottom of your posts. Thanks

PenguinSuzie

[9]Mar 3, 2013

Sorry I just realized that you meant the cart scene. I was thinking of the boat fight. I wonder what it says that the cart scene slipped from my mind. I see what you mean. Sorry for yapping on about something unrelated.

boom-moo wrote:
    I know but one thing is agreeing with Crixus and another acting on that belief. He stands like Agron in that regard so I was nicely impressed when he confessed that he might have joined in the slaughter and hence, betrayed and disrespected Spartacus.
    I don't think it's likely that he'd have joined in. Maybe he would have, but his expression when they forced the civilians to fight was that he thought it was wrong so I doubt he'd have easily jumped into the fray. Especially given his anger towards Naevia at the time.
    boom-moo wrote:
    That's alright, we might be few but we surely are passionate about the show which is fantastic. I enjoy greatly reading all your thoughts and being forced to see things through different perspectives, it's very enriching.
    Discussing things you're passionate about can be lots of fun, I've really enjoyed talking about it.

boom-moo

[10]Mar 3, 2013
    That's alright

PenguinSuzie wrote:
    I don't think it's likely that he'd have joined in. Maybe he would have, but his expression when they forced the civilians to fight was that he thought it was wrong so I doubt he'd have easily jumped into the fray. Especially given his anger towards Naevia at the time.
    I don't think he would have either but I think that the fact that he confessed his doubts to Spartacus spoke volumes about the kind of man that Gannicus is.

PenguinSuzie wrote:
    Discussing things you're passionate about can be lots of fun, I've really enjoyed talking about it.
    It's great fun indeed!

I forgot to mention a couple of moments that I liked. Crassus questioning Laeta for having helped Spartacus to save her life and her standing tall and saying that she did it to save as many Romans as she could and that she would do it again. It mustn't be easy to stand your ground in front of a man of such power and authority as Crassus.

Also, when Crixus insists on opening the gate and Agron (who is surrounded by Crixus' men) tries to talk him out of it Nasir stands right by Agron's side showing support putting aside their lovers quarrels.

And a pure fangirl shallow one: Agron jumping off the wall quite swirly and nicely using the pulley thing

invisiblish

[11]Mar 3, 2013
    boom-moo wrote:
    And a pure fangirl shallow one: Agron jumping off the wall quite swirly and nicely using the pulley thing

Am I the only one that pictured Batman when Agron did that?

It was mentioned earlier of Saxa's people and her accent. I take her to be very much like a Cajun or the people of lower Louisiana, mixing her speech between both her native and learned tongues. I thought it was mentioned during Vengeance that Agron's people (Saxa and co) were from Germanic decent. Perhaps I am mistaken, as I have been so often proven to be.

I think Nemetes was quite serious about ending Spartacus. If he had made offer sooner I think Caesar would have explored this option, if not to fuel the fire between Crixus and Spartacus. In the end he would have ended Nemetes just to avenge the Roman Sister, but I do think that he would have made use of the opportunity.

After rewatching the episode did anyone else notice that Caesar and Gannicus held evenly with each other until Gannicus drew blood using the dagger Caesar stabbed Spartacus with? Gannicus hadn't quite gotten to his full fighting prowess (2 swords).

Favorite death: Lugo (I think) holding a Large Mallet and instead smashing the Roman's face into the cliff side. I don't know why but the face-plants into the water seemed to have set up this scene for me. I laughed quite a bit at that particular death.

boom-moo

[12]Mar 4, 2013
    invisiblish wrote:
    Am I the only one that pictured Batman when Agron did that?
    Believe it or not I haven't watched any Batman movie but the fact that he was wearing a cloak of sorts added to the nice visuals (although rather impractical for fighting purposes).

invisiblish wrote:
    I thought it was mentioned during Vengeance that Agron's people (Saxa and co) were from Germanic decent. Perhaps I am mistaken, as I have been so often proven to be.
    You are right. They have been referred to on numerous occassions (couple of times this season too) as people from the "East of the Rhine" which constitutes Germany nowadays. Saxa speaks German and Agron has spoken German too although way less often.

invisiblish wrote:
    I think Nemetes was quite serious about ending Spartacus. If he had made offer sooner I think Caesar would have explored this option, if not to fuel the fire between Crixus and Spartacus.
    I don't think that Nemetes would have killed Spartacus (after all he was quite resigned to go back into the fold following Crixus), I think he just wanted to get away with his life and that he surely hates any given Roman (let alone one who has betrayed him so and made him appear a total fool) way more than he dislikes Spartacus.

invisiblish wrote:
    After rewatching the episode did anyone else notice that Caesar and Gannicus held evenly with each other until Gannicus drew blood using the dagger Caesar stabbed Spartacus with? Gannicus hadn't quite gotten to his full fighting prowess (2 swords).
    I hadn't but upon rewatching I guess that he might have fared better if he could have used the other sword he was carrying in his back instead of Caesar's small dagger. Still he held his ground well.

Another thing that I hand't realized (around 44'35) is that one of Spartacus' men runs from the docks to carry word to the others in the city (instructed by Spartacus I think) before Caesar runs away himself to retake the city. So our theories about why Crixus went to help pretty much go out of the window Lol.

invisiblish

[13]Mar 5, 2013
    I actually wanted to post about the runner too, I noticed him shortly after posting but didn't want to edit the post and fix the line breaks. tv.com could use an update in the edit section. He reappears behind Naevia with sword in hand... even survives the fight!!! Cannon fodder for Caesar's men perhaps?

Upon seeing the upcoming episode's preview I have a couple of fears:

Clearly fear that Agron will die without Nasir by his side. Same to be said of Saxa and Donar's possible deaths. I also worry about, from the indication (I don't look at the sneak peek only the preview) that Gannicus might end up captured or possibly dead. The ominous bloody sword stabbing through what appears to be the stable floor at Sibyl is bothersome. Also... well played with the preview, not one shot of Saxa, Donar, or Agron... really well played.

Agron was wearing a close much like Spartacus and Gannicus: expecting to take leave with Heracleo and his pirates.

I watched Tiberius' rape scene again and agree with the general consensus: she was not enjoying herself towards the end. The slow motion (and probably a bit of my own ideas) seemed to indicate so, as well as a look on Tiberius' face before flashing away. I wonder if he will attempt doing so again. I also think that Kore may kill Tiberius, forcing Crassus to end his love's life. Either way I expect that Tiberius' life is no forfeit with his recent actions.

boom-moo

[14]Mar 6, 2013
    invisiblish wrote:
    didn't want to edit the post and fix the line breaks. tv.com could use an update in the edit ri
    I'm familiar with that pain. Shift+enter does the trick for me.

invisiblish wrote:
    Clearly fear that Agron will die without Nasir by his side. Same to be said of Saxa and Donar's possible deaths. I also worry about, from the indication (I don't look at the sneak peek only the preview) that Gannicus might end up captured or possibly dead. The ominous bloody sword stabbing through what appears to be the stable floor at Sibyl is bothersome. Also... well played with the preview, not one shot of Saxa, Donar, or Agron... really well played.
    The info released by Starz answers all of that so I won't comment on it.

I think that the events are going to bring Sibyl and Gannicus closer as she is gonna be forced to come out of her shell and make a stand, encouraged by Crixus.

invisiblish wrote:
    Agron was wearing a close much like Spartacus and Gannicus: expecting to take leave with Heracleo and his pirates.
    Could be why, well thought!

invisiblish wrote:
    I also think that Kore may kill Tiberius, forcing Crassus to end his love's life. Either way I expect that Tiberius' life is no forfeit with his recent actions.
    I hope that he doesn't die at either of their hands, I feel like he has a lot to say yet. And for some reason, I picture him killing Kore and letting his father know of the deed as "an eye for an eye".

invisiblish

[15]Mar 7, 2013
    I really can't see Kore or Tiberius living through this war. Not anymore... No happy-ness and sunshines for anyone but Caesar, by History's telling anyway. I'm a bit curious if his wife will appear anymore during the season. If it were more episodes I would expect her to, but with the rather limited amount, her appearance would seem rather forced to me.

boom-moo

[16]Mar 8, 2013
    I think that Kore will keep it secret to protect Tiberius and that they are gonna build up on the tension of the triangle until the end. Tiberius' next crazy move will put an end to her life prompting Crassus to kill him in return or to set up his son's demise in some way.

Unless there's a portion of the final episode taking place in Rome I don't see Caesar's wife in the picture either. Things as they are she doesn't seem to add much to the story.

invisiblish

[17]Mar 8, 2013
    Sorry I mean't Crassus' wife not Caesar's. I wonder if she will reenter the fray causing further strife between Kore, Tiberius, and Crassus.

boom-moo

[18]Mar 10, 2013
    invisiblish wrote:
    Sorry I mean't Crassus' wife not Caesar's. I wonder if she will reenter the fray causing further strife between Kore, Tiberius, and Crassus.
    I see but I guess that she wouldn't have much to say in the matter. I don't think that Crassus taking Kore along came as a surprise to her as I bet that she knew and was resigned to the fact that her husband had a slave lover (might be why she snapped at Kore like it was her fault after Caesar tried to have sex with her).

She can't make Crassus leave Kore (it was a socially acceptable common practice for men to be unfaithful and women didn't have a say on it) or do anything to her without expecting to infuriate Crassus. I only see Crassus' wife going crazy if Tiberius ends up death because Crassus finds out of his affair with Kore. Otherwise, I guess she'd stay in Rome and out of the show unless Rome is revisited.