Spoilers thread

boom-moo

[1]Dec 3, 2012
    • level: 75
    Episode 1 promo pictures here: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2396394/mediaindex
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

PenguinSuzie

[2]Dec 20, 2012
    • level: 10

Some sites to go for spoilers. STARZ official YouTube channel here. A site about Spartacus here.

Information
    Episode 1 will be called 'Enemies of Rome' (Source) EP2: 'Wolves at the Gate', EP3: 'Men of Honor' (Source).
    Info about the start date, and a trailer (I can't see it because I'm not in the right area so It might be the same as one of the others.) here.

Trailers
    A First Look here.
    Trailer here.
    New trailer here.

Behind the Scenes/Production
    The Stunts here.
    The Making of Spartacus here.
    In production now video here.
    Making the Sets here.
    Time Lapse of the Set here.
    How to Slit a Roman Throat here. A short special effect video.
    Manu Bennett on his Cod Piece here. Short.
    Romans doing a Caterpillar Pushup here. Short.
    The Costumes here.

Gladiator Boot Camp
    Gladiator Boot Camp here.
    Bootcamp Circuit Training here. Short.
    Dustin completes 100 Sit-Ups here. Short.
    Manu Bennett on the Upcoming Season here.
    Barry Duffield (Lugo) on the upcoming season here. Short.
    Liam and his Gannicus shirt here.

Promotional Videos
    Join the battle for Nuceria here.

Character Videos
    A closer look at: Gannicus, Agron,
    The Rebels, The Romans.

Other Videos About the Show
    Strategy of War here. Sort of a trailer. Lots of clips.
    Epic Kills here.
    The Legend Retold (a look back at the show) here.

Talking about the new season.
    Steven Knight on the new season here. There are clips at the end too.
    Comic-Con panel here.

Pictures
    Episode Stills here.
    Not much of a spoilers but Official Poster here.
    Wallpapers here.
    EP1 Stills here.

Edited on 01/16/2013 1:26am
    Edited 8 total times.

boom-moo

[3]Jan 26, 2013
    Episode 2 preview here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Episode 3 preview here and promo pics here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dan Feuerriegel interview here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoilers on episode 4 here.

Episode 4 preview here.

Episode 4 clip here.

Edited on 02/19/2013 4:09am
    Edited 8 total times.

PenguinSuzie

[4]Feb 19, 2013
    • level: 10
    From that clip from EP4 it sounds like Crassus will punish the men for running from Spartacus. I really hope he doesn't do anything severe or permanent to them. They all would have died if they'd stayed. The smartest thing to do would have been for Tiberius to order a retreat (they especially didn't stand a chance as the catapults started hailing fire down on them). It doesn't seem fair or smart for Crassus to punish the men for leaving when ordering them to stay was a poor decision on Tiberius' part. I don't actually recall him ordering them to stay though. He probably did, or he's just trying to save face with his father. I really hope Crassus just means to intimidate them more in the future so they'll always follow orders no matter how scared they are. While Tiberius's response about taking the opportunity is a good reason, he still should have waited for backup. Similar to those soldier last season who seriously underestimated the gladiators they were up against.

boom-moo

[5]Feb 19, 2013
    Fair or not, sensible or not, Tiberius' soldiers duty is to fight to the death and they failed at doing so. It is like when Caesar killed that soldier from Sinuessa who escaped and brought them the news about Spartacus having taken the city. Those decisions might be for the greater good indeed but they go against the code of conduct expected from Roman soldiers. And according to the episode summary, Crassus is really going to be brutal in his punishment.

And not only that, but as per the link in post #3, episode 4 is also gonna explore the darkest side of the rebels, "getting graphic and horrible to watch" and "not for the faint of heart".

Since the show has never been one shying away from gore, I wonder if the upcoming episode is really gonna make a difference in that department and raise it a notch or if it is just a reviewer's impression.

In any case, the title seems telling enough

Episode 4 promo pictures here.

Edited on 02/20/2013 2:00am

invisiblish

[6]Feb 20, 2013
    • level: 9
    My theories for Episode 4: Tiberius' best friend (possible lover) will be the one that takes the brute of Crassus' punishment. Someone that will get his point across and punish his son without making Tiberius out to be a fool.

Spartacus is going to do something to Laeta (Roman Wife), something being in the torture or example of. Either that or the Roman survivors will be burnt alive in the stable they are hiding in.

boom-moo

[7]Feb 20, 2013
    My guess is that Crassus is going to kill one men in ten between those who served under Tiberius, hence the "Decimation" title. It won't be a quick death, they will be made to suffer some brutal punishment leading to their deaths.

On the rebel side, I guess that they will have their share of blood too to try and find out who the Roman spy is (which it'll turn to be Laeta) and the big decision that Spartacus gets to make at the end of the episode and that will define the rest of the season is going to be Spartacus letting her live.

Edit: Oh my, I think I'm right about the punishment. I Googled "decimation + Roman punishment" and it's really brutal. The unit selected for the punishment was divided into groups of ten men, regardless of rank between them. By drawing lots, one in each 10 men was chosen to be put to death by being clubbed or stoned to the death by the other 9 men in the group. The 9 surviving men were forced to sleep outside the camp and given meager food lots.

Edited on 02/20/2013 11:09am

invisiblish

[8]Feb 21, 2013
    • level: 9
    boom-moo wrote:
    My guess is that Crassus is going to kill one men in ten between those who served under Tiberius, hence the "Decimation" title. It won't be a quick death, they will be made to suffer some brutal punishment leading to their deaths.

On the rebel side, I guess that they will have their share of blood too to try and find out who the Roman spy is (which it'll turn to be Laeta) and the big decision that Spartacus gets to make at the end of the episode and that will define the rest of the season is going to be Spartacus letting her live.

Edit: Oh my, I think I'm right about the punishment. I Googled "decimation + Roman punishment" and it's really brutal. The unit selected for the punishment was divided into groups of ten men, regardless of rank between them. By drawing lots, one in each 10 men was chosen to be put to death by being clubbed or stoned to the death by the other 9 men in the group. The 9 surviving men were forced to sleep outside the camp and given meager food lots.

It's possible, highly unlikely, that Spartacus went through this process. As much of a Thracian hater Glabbur was, he also had them separated from camp eating pitiful rations in dwindled numbers. I wouldn't count on this, but the idea that Spartacus could privy to at least the knowledge of this custom could easily be made.

boom-moo

[9]Feb 21, 2013
    boom-moo wrote:
    My guess is that Crassus is going to kill one men in ten between those who served under Tiberius, hence the "Decimation" title.
    I don't know if Spartacus knows of this custom but going with the episode summary it is gonna be Crassus the one using the decimation punishment and going with the clip he is going to use it on Tiberius' men.

Episode 3x05: Blood Brothers

Spartacus comes up with a plan intent on getting the upper hand by weakening Crassus’ forces. However, once set in motion, unexpected betrayal threatens to ruin the rebels’ designs Source.

-Preview here.

-Promo pictures here.

-Clips here and here.

Episode 3x06: Spoils of War

Crassus leads an attack against the city occupied by Spartacus and his men resulting on Gannicus finding himself trapped behind enemy lines. Tiberius is forced to host a celebration in honor of a man he hates Source.

-Preview here.

-Promo pictures here.

-Clip #1 here, clip #2 here, clip #3 here and clip #4 here.

Episode 3x07: Mors Indecepta

The rebel forces become stranded on a snowbound ridge where Spartacus and Crixus crash over strategy. Crassus’ command on those closest to him fades Source.

-Promo pictures here.

-Preview here.

Episode 3x08: Separate Paths

Spartacus and his men reach a critical juncture while Crassus and his army continue their implacable pursuit of the rebels. The conflict between Caesar and Tiberius becomes bigger Source.

-Promo pictures here.

-Preview here.

Episode 3x09: The Dead and the Dying

Spartacus works toward securing a bargaining chip to use against the Romans. Crassus comes upon the knowledge that a fellow notable Roman has embarked on his same quest to get the glory of defeating Spartacus Source.

-Preview here.

-Promo pictures here.

Episode 3x10: Victory

Even though outnumbered, Spartacus and his rebel army make one last effort to win freedom in a decisive battle against the Romans commanded by Marcus Crassus Source.

-Preview here.

-Promo pictures here.

Spoilers from trailers and previews:

From this one:
    -0034 Crassus walks into Sinuessa, he can be seen talking to Laeta.
    -0107 The celebration in honour of Caesar, Tiberius giving him a sword.

From this one:
    -0014 The romans entering Sinuessa. Lyciscus/Caesar leads them. Agron and Saxa raise the alarm and fight them.
    -0019 Spartacus and Crixus fighting each other in the snow
    -0027 Rebels and Romans fighting in the snow.

From this one:
    -0024 Spartacus and Crixus fighting each other in the snow.

From this one:
    -0027 Agron chooses to remain at Spartacus side. It belongs to ep 5 (as revealed by the first preview clip released from that episode) and it is part of a conversation between Spartacus and Agron regarding Crixus having killed the Roman prisoners. Agron mentions that many think that Crixus was right doing so. Spartacus asks Agron where he stands. Agron says he stays with Spartacus and will always do so upon field of battle. Link to the clip above, under the ep 5 spoilers.

From this one:
    -0002 Agron all bandaged up.
    -0011 Lyciscus/Caesar and Crassus together in Sinuessa.
    -0013 Unknown battle.
    -0019 Spartacus and Crixus disagreeing.
    -0022 Bloody handshake: Crixus (going by the bracelet) and Agron?
    -0029 Spartacus going for Crassus?
    -0033 Spartacus, Crixus and the rebels in the snowy ridge.
    -0037 Gannius and Sibyl standing close together.
    -0040 Saxa, Gannius and others rebels charging in unknown battle.
    -0042 Crixus charges as well.
    -0047 Spartacus and Laeta? making love.
    -0049 Romans catapults used in unknown battle.
    -0050 Tiberius killing a rebel. Gannicus fighting in the snow.
    -0053 A rebel being nailed to a cross, Agron?
    -0057 Spartacus and his people wandering about.
    -0058 Agron and Castus fighting side by side.
    -0100 Spartacus, the rebels and the pirates fight an unknown battle.

From this one:
    -0103 Unknown battle.
    -0104 Tiberius killing a rebel.

From this one:
    -0042 Crassus and Lyciscus/Caesar walking into Sinuessa.
    -0119 Saxa, Agron, Lyciscus/Caesar, Crassus and Spartacus fighting within Sinuessa.

Spoilers from Steven Deknight's comments:

-The story with the pirates is a 4 episode arc.
    -Historically there is a famous part of the Spartacus' rebellion where he makes a deal with the pirates to take him out of Rome and the writers wanted to play that storyline Source.

-Episode 4 is a huge turning point for Tiberius. After the decimation, there is more hate towards his father than desire for approval, he sees his father as something different. At the end of the episode he calls him “Imperator” and from this point on he will carry on calling his father only “Imperator” until certain other point in the storyline.
    -Caesar has infiltrated the rebel ranks to divide them. The Caesar / Fabia moment is important because he turns from fighting this rebels and doing a job to hating Spartacus and his people from what they’ve done Source.

-Crassus / Tiberius / Kore is going to be a major storyline moving forward Source.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Episode 5 promo pictures here.

Episode 5 clips here and here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Episode 6 trailer here.

Episode 6 promo pictures here.

Episode 6 clip #1 here, clip #2 here, clip #3 here and clip #4 here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Episode 7 promo pictures here.

Episode 7 preview here.

Episode 7 clip #1 here, clip #2 here, clip #3 here and clip #4 here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Episode 8 promo pictures here.

Episode 8 preview here.

Episode 8 clip #1 here, clip #2 here, clip #3 here and clip #4 here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

New clip released, Caesar centered:
    -0015 Caesar fights Gannicus.
    -0024 Caesar fights Crixus who seems to have the upper hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As per the Spartacus: War of the Damned soundtrack both Agron and Gannicus are crucified... but there's an spin to it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Episode 9 preview here.

Episode 9 promo pictures here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Episode 10 preview here.

Episode 10 promo pictures here.

Edited on 04/06/2013 4:17am
    Edited 34 total times.

boom-moo

[10]Apr 13, 2013
    [Closing the thread because the show is over]