Will Crassus crucify Spartacus?

IlgtYld

[1]Feb 9, 2013
    • level: 2

Hello folks,

What do you think? Will Crassus get his hands on Spartacus and his army andcrucifyanyone who is captured alive? Itrulyhope Spartacus will kick all Roman asses out there

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[2]Feb 9, 2013
    • level: 75
    I believe that Crassus is gonna have his moment of triumph. This is the last season after all and well, History might be met...

IlgtYld

[3]Feb 11, 2013
    • level: 2
    I really hope not

fujin_mage

[5]Feb 15, 2013
    • level: 7
    historically, the body of spartacus was never identified, hes reported to have been slain in 71 BC on a Battlefield near to Petelia, however since he´s body was never recovered from the battlefield, it is possibel that he survived and fled roman territory, witch we know he wanted to, and was the reason why he broke with crixus

invisiblish

[6]Feb 16, 2013
    • level: 9
    I'm sure that Crassus will 'win' but I'm quite sure that Crassus too will die. I expect that Caesar will be credited the victory leading to his inevitable climb to power. Whether Spartacus actually dies or not is, or as I believe it should be, up to question.

boom-moo

[7]Feb 17, 2013
    I don't think that Crassus will die but I think that Tiberius will. After defeating Spartacus' army I see both Crassus and Caesar rising together.

True that Spartacus body was never found and whatever TPTB decide to do about that I hope that they don't use that fact to give the show a false "happy/positive" ending since historically the Romans put an unquestionable end to the rebel rise.

And even though I reckon though that my expectations are conditioned by my knowledge of historical facts I could happily do with some alternate endings.

invisiblish

[8]Feb 17, 2013
    boom-moo wrote:
    I don't think that Crassus will die but I think that Tiberius will. After defeating Spartacus' army I see both Crassus and Caesar rising together.

True that Spartacus body was never found and whatever TPTB decide to do about that I hope that they don't use that fact to give the show a false "happy/positive" ending since historically the Romans put an unquestionable end to the rebel rise.

And even though I reckon though that my expectations are conditioned by my knowledge of historical facts I could happily do with some alternate endings.

Are you theorizing that Caesar becomes Brutus?

boom-moo

[9]Feb 18, 2013
    invisiblish wrote:
    Are you theorizing that Caesar becomes Brutus?
    Nope, I just think that he becomes the politically powerful Caesar, the one who will meet his end to Brutus' and the like schemings.

invisiblish

[10]Feb 18, 2013
    I'm sorry that was supposed to ask if you were theorizing that Crassus not Caesar would become Brutus, Crassus ---> Brutus??

boom-moo

[11]Feb 19, 2013
    invisiblish wrote:
    I'm sorry that was supposed to ask if you were theorizing that Crassus not Caesar would become Brutus, Crassus ---> Brutus??
    I don't know, it could be but I don't think that we are gonna see that far into History. I think that after putting an end to the rebel uprising Crassus and Caesar will rise together into the powerful politicians that they once were.

If Crassus would become Brutus is a bit too far into the future. My guess is that their rise will be either seen or hinted somehow, maybe with just some caption at the end, depending on "how" (and historically "when") TPTB decide to actually finish the last episode whether it is on the battlefield, a bit after the uprise (to show the punishments that those capture alive suffered, etc) or even a bit further on, when "stability" returns.

doctorwho747

[12]Feb 21, 2013
    • level: 5

Well it seems that the comments here are all theories and one of you was close to what actually happened. So I will write here what actually happens for those who wish to know.

SPOILERS SPOILERS Big TiME HiSTORY SPOILERS

From what we have seen of Crassuss makes him to be an honorable man, which perhaps he was at first. I don't recall reading anything about his family but here is a known fact, he is not just known as the richest man in the entire history of the time of the Roman Empire, but in all of history to this day. His net worth in modern money is definitely billions possibly even trillions. So I see as the season goes on and while his army outnumbers Spartacus who by the end had about 73,000 freed slaves, loses many battles. I feel like besides that driving him angry from the losses, something will happen to his family most likely his son. So whereas the past seasons the villains were already villains and their actions created Spartacus which led to their undoing, but this time probably unintentionally it will be Spartacus who creates the villain Crassus becomes, and believe e he DOESbecomes a son of a bitch. the irony of it is it will be Crassuss who will be seeking vengeance and lose all his honor and respect and will drive him to ultimately win battle after battle. Spartacus seeing that the war is lost made a deal with pirates to take the remaining survivors on ships to escape should the worst happen which does but they are betrayed, and in the final battle according to the history book I read Spartacus, Crixus, and Gannicus will be at the last battle fighting as free men,So Naevia, Agron, and Nasir who as far as I know are fictional characters can die at any time. In the midst of the battle Spartacus and Crassus do find each other and like King Arthur and Mordred have their final showdown, Crassus and his army defeat Sparatcus. During that time it is unsure what Crassuss did to Spartacus himself, but whatever it was as the remaining freed slaves attempt to escape,mPompey who had nothing to do with anything, arrives and through capturing them claims and receives the honor and title of having quelled the Third Servile War (For those who don't know there were two slave rebellions called The Servile, meaning servant or slave,Wars before Spartacus. His needed up being the longest and most threatening to the empire) So the captured slaves were crucified along the main road to Rome I can't remember what it's called, some say Spartacus among them, and Crassus went home with no credit or honor or acknowledgement at all, so even though he wins, he loses. Don't forget that he had done barbaric things, there was something about him crossing the ruler of another country, the ruler ends up capturing Crassus and kills him by pouring boiling melted gold down his throat.

boom-moo

[13]Feb 22, 2013
    Where do you fit Caesar in, doctorwho747?

fujin_mage

[14]Feb 22, 2013

he won much glory and formed the First Triumvirate, with crassus andGnaeus Pompeius Magnus, It was formed in 60 BC and lasted until Crassus' death in 53 BC.

boom-moo

[15]Feb 22, 2013
    That's why I see both getting away with their lives (and Tiberius falling to balance out a bit). I didn't know about Pompeius stealing Crassus' thunder which would be rather ironic indeed.

Anyway, we are yet to see if TPTB stick to History or fit some twist(s) in.
    Edited on 02/22/2013 3:19pm

invisiblish

[16]Feb 22, 2013
    Well they already mentioned that Pompeius already used his position to leverage greater power. When they first talked to Crassus about helping the in the Slave rebellion.

fujin_mage

[17]Apr 10, 2013
    At any rate, it ends this friday, i just hope they stick to history and dont try to give us a disney happy ending to a awsome show.
    Spartacus better DIE this friday, Killed in battle or crucified before the episode ends.
    But it would be cool to see Pompeius steal Crassus´s thunder in the senate after ALL the rebbels have met there gory end!!

boom-moo

[18]Apr 10, 2013
    Apparently there's some sort of "extra something" during the end credits sequence so we should watch out for that Source

KVBenson

[19]Apr 11, 2013
    • level: 1
    I dont think we will see Spartacus either fall or live.. I recon it will boil dow to Carassus and Spartacus with a spear in he's leg theen he will dissapear in the carnage, Carassus will call him but he will be gone.. I think then it will then take you to the house of Carassus looking out firmly.. then news will be told of Pompie conquering the rebels thus takng the credit..

beilmandulin

[20]Aug 26, 2013
    • level: 10

fujin_mage wrote:
    At any rate, it ends this friday, i just hope they stick to history and dont try to give us a disney happy ending to a awsome show. Spartacus better DIE this friday, Killed in battle or crucified before the episode ends. But it would be cool to see Pompeius steal Crassus´s thunder in the senate after ALL the rebbels have met there gory end!!

I actually didn't want him to die on screen. I wanted him to be facing like twenty roman soldiers, and knowing that he was going to die take a sword in each hand, charge towards the Romans, unleashing an epic battle cry, tear through a couple, and have the show end with him alive but charging at the other Romans in like a battle stance with the show ending with a shot of him and then they do that stylized ending where they take his picture and make it look like it a painting or a mural or however you want to describe it.