Special Agent Oso Forums

Daily 8:00 AM on Disney ChannelIn Season

General Episode Discussions and Predictions

GATZ1000

[1]Apr 15, 2009
    • level: 39
    Discuss the episodes here as they air, and give your predictions for the three special steps of upcoming episodes.
    Edited on 04/04/2011 12:24pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

markdoublea84

[2]Jun 6, 2009
    • level: 57
    One week from now (June 13), there will be a morning marathon of Special Agent Oso. I have done submissions for all the episodes, except ep 14. That episode is "The Girl Who Cheered Me; License to Twirl". It didn't get DVRed as I planned, however, I managed to catch the steps for each assignment in that episode, as well as provide the end credits info.

There will be a new episode June 13, "The Living Flashlight; Sand Castle Royale". Also during the marathon, I will get another chance to catch the episode I missed and provide the synopsis for the guide.

I am, by the way, the new editor of the guide! Hoorah!

markdoublea84

[3]Jul 15, 2009
    I have completed all 17 episodes, including ep 14. There will be a new episode on July 18: "License to Chill: GoldenFly". When I first found out about the latest episode (which I discovered in the program guide of our current TV service provider), I thought Oso would help some kid learn how to ice skate. Actually, according to the promo I saw this morning, Oso helps someone make juice pops in "License to Chill". I'll have to watch to see what happens in "GoldenFly".

markdoublea84

[4]Aug 21, 2009
    The series will be up to 19 episodes come August 24. The latest ep, as I was hoping for, will show young viewers how to tie their shoes. At first, I thought the title for this kind of special assignment would be "Quantum of Shoelace". But the actual title is "Tie Another Day".

The second half of the episode is "You Only Start Pre-School Once". Since children and big guys are just starting school this time around, this should be the perfect episode to help youngsters prepare for their first day of school.

As for "Tie Another Day", these are the three special steps I'm predicting Paw Pilot will give Oso for the assignment:

Step 1: cross the laces over each other and make a knot.
    Step 2: make one of the laces into a loop.
    Step 3: wrap the other lace around and pull through.

I like predicting what might happen before I even watch a new episode of a show I like. As soon as this episode airs, I'll see how close my predictions were.

markdoublea84

[5]Sep 1, 2009
    I saw "Tie Another Day" last week. As stated in the last reply, I have set my predictions to what I hoped would be the three special steps for Oso's assignment.

For step 1, my hunch was right about crossing the shoelaces. Paw Pilot didn't say anything about tying a knot, but she did say to wrap one lace under and pull. For step 2, I predicted Paw Pilot would say to make a loop with one of the laces. Actually, Paw Pilot said to make a "bunny ear" for step 2. Tara even said something about looping one of the laces though. I was, I'd say, 90% right for step 3. Overall, the total percentage of my predicting what the three steps were is about 85%. I deserve a digimedal for my predictions. LOL.

If I earned digimedals for my hard work as editor for this show, I would earn one medal for every 100 points I accumulate for my episode submissions. As for predicting the three special steps, I'd get a digimedal if I'm between 80% and 100% right.

PS: As for "You Only Start Preschool Once", the special steps for that assignment are for how to make new friends.
    Edited on 09/20/2009 11:28am

markdoublea84

[6]Nov 26, 2009
    The newest Oso episode which premeers on December 5 will have ice and snow in it, which is appropriate for an ep's theme this time around.

In the first assignment-"For Your Ice Only"-Oso will teach a girl how to iceskate. I predict the girl's name would be Jessica. Jessica was the first name that came to my mind when I read the synopsis from my cable service's TV guide listing. Here's what I predict the special steps will be:

Step 1: put on iceskates.
    Step 2: keep your knees bent and balance with your arms.
    Step 3: glide your feet across the ice.

In the next assignment-"Coldfingers"-Oso helps two kids build a snowman. Here's what I hope would be the three special steps:

Step 1: make three big snowballs and put them together.
    Step 2: put some eyes and a nose on the snowman.
    Step 3: put a hat and scarf on the snowman.

My predictions for "Tie Another Day; You Only Start Preschool Once" went well. I wonder what will become of these predictions. Anyway, happy Thanksgiving.

markdoublea84

[7]Dec 6, 2009
    I just finished watching the latest Oso ep yesterday. My predictions for the assignments went OK. In "For Your Ice Only", getting skates wasn't one of the special steps. One of the steps was to glide your feet across the ice, but I guessed it would be in step 3. I missed it by one step. I figured you'd need to practice to be able to ice skate, but I didn't predict it in one of the steps.

In "Coldfingers", I was right about making snowballs in the first step, but I also put in that step to put them together. Those are two separate steps. Paw Pilot never even mentioned anything at all about putting a hat and scarf on the snowman. At least I was pretty close on the step where you make a snowman face.

Accuracy for for "For Your Ice Only": about 79%. No digimedal. "You were close, though," Paw Pilot would say to me. BTW, the girl Oso helps in "For Your Ice Only" is Carina.
    Accuracy for "Coldfingers": about 82% correct overall. I score a digimedal!

I hope someone replies back soon!
    Edited on 04/04/2011 12:36pm

markdoublea84

[8]Sep 20, 2010
    The 2nd season of SAO has a few changes. For one, when Oso asks Paw Pilot what the codename for each special assignment is, Paw Pilot used to say "Codename: (the special assignment--episode title)". Now when asked each time, she sings "Special assignment codename..." Also, when Oso arrives at the scene of a someone who needs help, the kids don't ask Oso, "Are you here on a special assignment?" They ask him, "Are you here to...?" Most of the kids in the city seem to know about Oso and Unique by now.

Other changes in this season apart from the previous one include these: First, in each training exercise, Oso forgets what to do. But during his special assignments, he remembers. In some of the last many episodes I viewed, Oso comes up with an idea of what he can do during his training missions as he completes his special assignments. Another change is that Oso doesn't get anymore awards for accomplishing his training exercises, but he still receives digimedals for completing his special assignments. Hey, you should hear some of the new codename songs Paw Pilot sings.

markdoublea84

[9]Sep 20, 2010
    It's not often I post twice on the same topic in the same day, but I haven't been posting any predictions lately. In the newest assignment, Oso will be helping a boy make a peanut-butter-and-jelly sandwich. I somehow had a feeling they'd do an episode with that kind of assignment. The Playhouse Disney promos show the 1st special step of the first assignment, so Paw Pilot seems to give away a little bit of it at this point in the series. Before I saw the promo, I predicted that the steps for making a sandwich would be like this:

Step 1: spread peanut-butter on one slice of bread.
    Step 2: spread jelly on another slice of bread.
    Step 3: put both slices of bread together with the peanut-butter and jelly facing each other.

The first special step was given away when I saw the promo. It was "get two slices of bread". Therefore, I am changing my predictions for the other two steps. The 2nd step will be "get peanut-butter and jelly" and the 3rd will be "spread the peanut-butter and jelly with a spoon onto the bread". Those are what I hope the special steps for "Quantum of Sandwich" will be. I have DVRed the episode today, but I have yet to play it back.

I don't know what the special steps for "Thunder Muffin" will be, but I predict they'll go as follows:

Step 1: measure and mix the muffin ingredients.
    Step 2: spoon the mixture in a muffin tin.
    Step 3: put the muffins in the oven and bake them (with a grown-up's help, of course).

I have made predictions for previous special assignments such as "The Chairs Are Not Enough", "Dr. Juice", "For Your Nose Only", among other assignments in season 2. I didn't even bother to post those predictions. I hope you show some support for me by posting a reply soon.

markdoublea84

[10]Sep 27, 2010
    Sorry I didn't post sooner, but my predictions for the previous episode of SAO didn't go quite as I thought. In "Quantum of Sandwich", step 2 wasn't as I guessed. Dylan already had the peanut-butter and jelly ready for him to spread onto the bread. Hey, that rhymes, doesn't it? LOL! Anyway, I should've kept step 3 as I first set up my predictions.

In "Thunder Muffin", none of the actual special steps didn't at all match my predictions. The muffins were already baked, and the steps in that assignment were for frosting them and putting on the raisins.

Paw Pilot would've said to me if I had her on me, "Oh, so sorry, Mark. Your predictions didn't quite match in either assignment. No digimetals this time. Better luck on your next assignment predictions." There will be two new episodes next week--Oct 4-Oct 8.
    Edited on 11/30/2010 6:37pm

markdoublea84

[11]Oct 8, 2010
    These are my predictions for the special steps in the following new ep I have yet to see...

"Colors Royale":

Step 1: pour some yellow paint into a tray.
    Step 2: pour some blue paint in with the yellow.
    Step 3: mix the two colored paints together.

"Cleanfingers":

Step 1: check the temperature of the water.
    Step 2: rub your hands together with soap.
    Step 3: rinse the soap off your hands and dry them with a towel.

The results will appear in the next post.
    Edited on 10/10/2010 12:47pm

markdoublea84

[12]Oct 10, 2010
    My predictions for "Colors Royale; Cleanfingers" came out as follows:
    The steps in "Colors Royale" did not quite match the order I predicted, except for the third one. View the episode page to see the actual steps Paw Pilot gave.
    In "Cleanfingers", I might have had one too many steps in my predictions. Checking the temp of the water wasn't one of them, but I got the idea of rubbing hands with soap, rinsing hands, and drying them in the right order. I combined steps 2 and 3 for step 3 in my predictions. I must add that Paw Pilot mentions in "Cleanfingers" that you must rub your hands as you wash them for at least 15 seconds. I've heard that kind of health tip several months back during the news about the H1N1 flu virus outbreak.

Prediction Accuracy for "Cleanfingers": 80%
    I earned a digimedal!

As for "Colors Royale", no digimedal for that assignment. I did get step 3 right--more or less, as Oso would say.

These are what I predict the steps for "A View to a Mask":

Step 1: draw a mask on a paper plate.
    Step 2: cut out the mask with safety scissors.
    Step 3: tape on an elastic band to hold the mask on your face.

My predictions for "Pumpkin Eyes":

Step 1: remove the pumpkin seeds.
    Step 2: draw a face on the pumpkin.
    Step 3: carve out the Jack-O-Lantern face.

markdoublea84

[13]Nov 30, 2010
    Special alert! Special alert! The first ever special Oso special will be premeering in less than a week!

Sorry for neglecting this topic, but I have been so busy finding out what new Oso episodes will be airing in the coming weeks. For the first time in the series, there will be a first ever holiday special. To make it more exciting, there will be not one, not two, but three special assignments. Each assignment involves a different winter holiday--Hanukkah, Kwanza, and of course Christmas. I'll tell you more about it next entry.

PS: My predictions for the Halloween assignments came out as follows:

Steps 2 and 3 were in the wrong places for "View to a Mask". Nonetheless, all three steps were right. Accuracy: 85%. Digimedal time!

Step 1 in "Pumpkin Eyes" was right, and so was step 2. I didn't predict you had to put a light inside the Jack-o-lantern. Prediction accuracy: 75%. Another digimedal!

Ever since season 2 began, the prediction level minimum has been set to 75% or higher in order to score digimedals.
    Edited on 12/06/2010 7:59am

markdoublea84

[14]Dec 6, 2010
    Today is the day the holiday Oso special will be airing! I will tell you a bit more about this special. Like in other holiday specials from most other TV shows, viewers get to see three winter holidays all in one episode. Oso helps three children with celebrating three different holidays as shown in my previous post. In every assignment, Oso finds out that everybody has families to celebrate all those holidays with but him. Oso doesn't seem to have a family of his own kind, but he soon discovers that he already has a family of friends--Agent Wolfie, Agent Dotty, Whirlybird, R.R. Rapide, Paw Pilot, and of course Mr. Dos.
    Edited on 12/14/2010 8:15pm

markdoublea84

[15]Dec 14, 2010
    Now that I finished editing the "Holiday Lights" special, I am ready for more snow. The next two episodes in the series both involve snow. In the next assignment, Oso will be helping a boy named Liam make snow angels. The promo already gave away step 1 which is to lay back on the snow. I predict the next two special steps will be as follows:

I'll let you know how my predictions for the snow angels assignment came out next post.
    Edited on 04/04/2011 12:49pm
    Edited 5 total times.

markdoublea84

[16]Dec 16, 2010
    My hunch was right about the last two steps in the snow angels assignment. Overall, my accuracy was 100%. I earn a digimedal! Also, I am only 8 points away from reaching 1000 points on my user score. Hmm, I hope Paw Pilot didn't get too many of her circuits frozen after being dropped in the snow during the assignment.

Who would have thought you could make a snow globe out of an ordinary glass jar.

markdoublea84

[17]Feb 13, 2011
    Sorry I was away. Just to let you know, one of the assignments in the last episode shows you how to eat spaghetti without making a mess on yourself. I might also add that during the codename song for "Quantum of Sauce", in the part where Paw Pilot sings "...that sauce will end up on your dress", she should've added "(or whatever article of clothing you have on)". Next time my mom makes me spaghetti for dinner, I will try those special steps from that assignment. I don't remember the last time I ever got sauce on me while eating it.

Anyway, the latest assignments where Oso shows someone how to water plants and how to relax to go to sleep are several hours away from being aired. These are my predictions for "Greenfinger":

Step 1: find a watering can.
    Step 2: fill the can with water.
    Step 3: use the can to water the plants.

In my opinion, little ones should use a watering can for watering and planting gardens because using the hose uses much more water. As for my predictions for "For Sleepy Eyes Only", they are...:

Step 1: pull up the bed covers.
    Step 2: get under the covers.
    Step 3: lay down and close your eyes.

This kind of special assignment could take place during the night, which I hope it will, but what if the girl in that assignment was to take a nap during the day? Well, I am locking in my predictions and I'll give you the results in the next post.

markdoublea84

[18]Feb 17, 2011
    OK, these are the results of my predictions for the latest Oso episode.

In "Greenfinger", all the steps matched my guesses. If I had a Paw Pilot app on my laptop or phone, she'd say to me, "Congradulations!!! All your predictions came out right! You've got a perfect score and a digimedal!" I got a perfect score for just that assignment. As for "For Sleepy Eyes Only", the steps weren't quite what I hoped for. I got the part about closing your eyes alright, but I put it in the wrong step. I had a feeling you should take slow, deep breaths to make you feel relaxed, but I didn't include it in my predictions. Little did I even think about adding the part about relaxing your whole body starting by telling yourself that your toes are getting sleepy. Sleepy toes? HAHAHAHA! Try doing that next time you're having trouble sleeping--that so-called self-hypnosis. Then you progress on telling yourself that your legs are sleepy, then your knees, thighs, hips, tummy, and so on until you get to your head.

"Live and Let Heal; GoldenFish" will be premeering on Wednesday the 23rd. Before I even read the synopsis in my TV Guide, I predicted that the "healing" assignment is about needing first aid. I was right. I even predicted which body part will need to be taken care of. My choices were:

1. the knee,
    2. the elbow, or
    3. the finger

I put "knee" at the top of the list because that was the body part I was hoping for most to be injured. I was right! Paw Pilot would give me another digimedal for my exact prediction. As for the special steps in that assignment, I predict they will be:

Step 1: find the first aid kit.
    Step 2: clean the booboo.
    Step 3: put a bandage on top of the booboo.

I'm even guessing that Mr. Dos would tell Oso in that assignment, "It's a bleeding situation." The reason for that is because a booboo starts to bleed when you get hurt. HAHAHAHAHA! You get it? LOL! Another thing, I guess the boy in that assignment would scrape his knee by falling off his bike
    or maybe tripping on the stairs. Watch to see how he does it. I am also guessing that the boy's name in "Live and Let Heal" would be either Mark, Patrick, or evenSteve.

"GoldenFish" is about feeding a pet goldfish. Here are my predictions for feeding a fish:

Step 1: find the fishfood container.
    Step 2: hold the container over the aquarium/fishbowl.
    Step 3: gently tap the container to get the food out.

I'll see you next entry.

markdoublea84

[19]Feb 18, 2011
    I just saw the promo for the upcoming episode, "Live and Let Heal", this morning. The boy's name in that assignment is Matthew. I hope my predictions came out as I hoped. They've already been locked in.

markdoublea84

[20]Feb 24, 2011
    I was wrong about the name of the boy who scraped his knee in "Live and Let Heal". His name is not Matthew, it is actually Malcolm. You know, like in Malcolm in the Middle or Malcolm X? Maybe the announcer in the promo misspoke. I thought Malcolm would cry if his injury hurt him. As for the special steps, finding the first aid kit was not one of them. I was right about cleaning the scrape and putting on the bandage (in the last step). Cleaning the scrape was the 1st step, not the 2nd step. I believe my total accuracy for that assignment was, ooh, 70% since I didn't include picking the right sized bandage in my predictions and putting one of the steps in the wrong place. Paw Pilot would tell me, "Ooh, you were pretty close. No digimetal this time, but good shot though."

As for the "Goldfish" assignment, I was right on step 1. Santiago just needed to grab a pinch of fish food. The reason I thought about mentioning "sprinkling" fish food in the water is because I remember how Mr. Rogers from his Neighborhood show used to sprinkle food in his aquarium. That's because his fish food container had holes in the top like a salt shaker. The prediction accuracy for the goldfish assignment would be 65%. Another digimetal missed. Oh, well. I tried.

PS: There was another TV episode involving a goldfish. It was from Jake and the Never Land Pirates. That's another show I hope to be editor for.