TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Spectacle: Elvis Costello With... Forums

Wednesday 9:00 PM on Sundance ChannelBetween Seasons

Who Is Your Favorite Guest So Far And Who Would You Like To See Next Season?

DBizTV

[1]Jan 5, 2009
    • level: 43

Approaching the halfway point of this season, which Spectacle guest has been your favorite thus far - and who would you most like to see on the show next season?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

m00nshadow

[2]Jan 6, 2009
    • level: 20
    James Taylor. I like his music, and his philosophy.

DBizTV

[3]Jan 7, 2009
    • level: 43

Although James Taylor and The Police were great, my vote at the halfway point has to go to Elton John. I've never been a fan of his, and so I didn't expect much, but Elton's piano playing and singing were strong and surprisingly muscular. It was his attitude and focus, however, which really won me over. Elton didn't spend his time talking about himself, he and Elvis constantly hijacked the conversation, talking about the great acts who showed them the way. And when they weren't celebrating the past, they were shining a light on current acts who deserve a shot at success. The two Executive Producers of Spectacle showed that they were doing this show because of their passion for music - past, present and future.

As far as next season goes, I'd love to see Elvis interview the real Elvis, although some say he's left the building. So, before he's gone too, I'd love to see Elvis interview Bob Dylan. He's going to have Jacob Dylan on this season, how about Jacob's old man? Now that would be something.

m00nshadow

[4]Jan 15, 2009
    • level: 20

I still like J.T., although Tony Bennett was also great. But you'll get to see Elvis interview somebody later on this season, no? I wish I could vote on Rufus today, but my DVR wigged out about 3 minutes into it, so I'll have to catch the next showing....

Next season? I'd like to see ... Weird Al Yankovic! Wait, no, how about the Talking Heads' David Byrne?

Edited on 01/16/2009 2:01pm
    Edited 2 total times.