Speed Racer: The Next Generation Forums

Friday 7:00 PM on Nicktoons NetworksIn Season

Offical Discussion Thread "Knight Racer"

GATZ1000

[1]Sep 20, 2008
    • level: 39

Even though this episode doesn't air for awhile talk about it here when it does, didn't know what else to do with this blank thread.

It seems that this episode is playing off the concept of Knight Rider.

Edited on 10/06/2008 11:28am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

speedracertng

[3]Oct 7, 2008
    • level: 12
    never heared of this one, and i'm usually in the lead with this series. but i'm guessing it's going to be a three parter. because the title makes it seem like the type of storyline you can't fit into one episode. but hey, whens this airing anyway? after "plot for teacher"? the episode after that?

speedracertng

[4]Oct 8, 2008

wait! you know the new dvd that came out yesterday? well it had a feature on it called "the animation of speed racer: the next generation" and i saw a few sequences that might be related to this episode. zile zazic is running from the cops and on top of that there was a page of a script that was on the screen for a few seconds. i paused it and zoomed in. heres some of the lines that might be in the episode.

student: your not going to try to rev it up again are you

speed: what happend at that demo was an accident!

student 2: (the lines were too blurry to read.)

i don't know what the demo is, or what happend, or anything about how these lines would fit into the episode.

speedracertng

[5]Oct 9, 2008

ok, i looked closer and was able to read more of the possible lines. here it goes.

student: your not going to try to rev it up agian are you

student 2: yeah with that magical engine of yours that runs on... prarie dust

speed: what happend at that demo was an accident!

student: well when you end up road kill today...

speed: it's annalise!

ok, i know this makes questions like:

why is speed so happy to see annalise?

what is that demo?

who are those students?

did someone find out about the engine?

and the most diffecult question of them all...

is this going to be in the episode or not?

Edited on 10/09/2008 1:54pm

StellaAlethiae

[6]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 2
    I don't know if him shouting "It's Annalise" means that he's happy to see her. It could be that he's blaming whatever happened on her (like "It's Annalise who did that!") or maybe he's using her as a distraction? It doesn't really seem like he wants to be in that conversation...

If Speed's already found out about the engine, well, it makes me wonder. In The Beginning, don't he and Lucy realize that it doesn't run on gas and he even has a line like "now I get why everyone was after my father"? So it would seem like he realizes it, yet in The Fast Track he runs out of gas. So I think it might be that he learns more about it, but still hasn't learned the entire secret. I assume that him learning the entire secret will happen at the end of the season/series or at least in an event that causes Speed to return...

Demo- some kind of race? Or a practice race? Maybe he accidentally turned on the special systems of the Mach 6?

As for it being a three-parter, they just had Comet Run. If they just do "Plot for Teacher" and then this, I think that would be a bit much. So I'm figuring that it's either just a one-part episode (though if he really does learn something about the Mach 6's engine, it does seem a bit short) or there's at least another episode between "Plot for Teacher" and this one.

Or we could be totally wrong, as you said, and the script belongs to a completely different episode...

speedracertng

[7]Oct 9, 2008

actually, if you see the episode "comet run part one" speed and connor are trying to get the gassless engine to work. and they are keeping the entire project a secret. so when i said someone, i ment like zile, or one of the other students.

well, who knows. it might be a deleted seen for all i know. but at least we have it on this website, where people can read it until this topic is deleated or something. (everyone can thank me for that one just kidding). and i completly agree with you on the three part thing. i don't know what i was thinking when i put it up. most fans are just getting over the excitment of the last three parter. so a few one part episodes, then back to a three parter.

but hey, we have to thank whoever's idea it was to put out the dvd. that's where i got the script. (so thank you whoever that is.) without that, it wouldn't be much of a topic here.

StellaAlethiae

[8]Oct 10, 2008
    I love that they put out the DVDs. At least a few episodes of the show I can get my hands on...

Conner and Speed actually work on the Mach 6's engine in Comet Run? Cool. I haven't seen it yet (live in Germany, no Nicktoons), but that just makes me more anxious to see it. I wonder if Conner could actually figure it all out.

And yeah, thanks for posting. *grins* We'll just have to wait until the episode airs to find out what it might truly mean...

nyfan

[10]Oct 17, 2008
    • level: 20

I enjoyed this episode. It was real exciting, and I knew from the beginning that Vic would turn on Zile. I am sad what happened to him. Zile needs to go down for his trechory. The spirit week plot was one of the best b plots they have had in my opnion. I hope Zile is put in jail, and someone has their way with him while in jail.

Edited on 10/17/2008 7:43pm

speedracertng

[11]Oct 17, 2008
    nope, the script i got wasn't in this one. there are a few episodes left before the season closes. so maybe it's in the next one. or the next one. i may have gotten a sceen from an episode of season two! maybe i got a deleted sceen! maybe i read it wrong and it's not that line at all! who knows! nothing reveild about the mach 6 this time, but hey, always next episode.

JustinDWalker

[12]Oct 18, 2008
    • level: 14
    II used to think that Zile was one of those cool villains, but after seein what I saw in the episode, I hate him. Really, doing that just to get the Mach 6 secrets.

StellaAlethiae

[13]Oct 20, 2008
    What did he do that was so terrible?

JustinDWalker

[14]Oct 22, 2008
    • level: 14

StellaAlethiae wrote:
    What did he do that was so terrible?

I am not going to spoil the episode for those who havn't seen it, yet.

speedracertng

[15]Oct 23, 2008
    stellaAlethiae won't be able to see the episode for a while. not until they get NN in germany. but lets just say, talking car/zile/evil!

CJaguar265

[16]Oct 24, 2008
    • level: 11
    where can i watch online this episode online

Zuzu994

[17]Oct 24, 2008
    • level: 4

CJaguar265 wrote:
    where can i watch online this episode online

I'm working on posting the episodes up. They are gonna be kind of bad quality...but still viewable. I have to videotape them off my TV. I'm gonna upload The Low Price of Fame tonight and Be Cruel to your School probably by tomorrow.

shasha2417

[18]Oct 30, 2008
    • level: 10
    Okay, I really loved this episode. It really showed a jealous side of X. Connor and Annalise are hilarious. It was extra funny when Connor had a cheer-leading uniform on. No doubt about it, but I really enjoyed the episode.

Zuzu994

[19]Oct 31, 2008
    • level: 4
    shasha2417 wrote:
    Okay, I really loved this episode. It really showed a jealous side of X. Connor and Annalise are hilarious. It was extra funny when Connor had a cheer-leading uniform on. No doubt about it, but I really enjoyed the episode.

Same here!!! It was an awesome episode!! Conner in the cheerleading outfit was the best!!

shasha2417

[20]Nov 18, 2008
    • level: 10

Zuzu994 wrote:
    shasha2417 wrote:
    Same here!!! It was an awesome episode!! Conner in the cheerleading outfit was the best!!

lol!! Yeah, it takes a really strong a secure man to wear a cheerleading uniform.