Speed Racer: The Next Generation Forums

Friday 7:00 PM on Nicktoons NetworksIn Season

Official "Plot for Teacher" Discussion

Nickylucas

[1]Oct 5, 2008
    • level: 23
    Apparently the new episode airing on Friday includes someone from the original series. Anyway, discuss and speculate!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

speedracertng

[2]Oct 5, 2008
    • level: 12
    i saw the trailer. i will tune in at all costs! i will lie, cheat, and kill in order to get to my tv set for this episode. (ok, maybe not kill...) just kidding! back on the first summery for it, it read

"speed and his friends are suspishus when a legendary racer comes to school as a guest lecturer."

after i read that, the word "legandary" totally threw me off. i thought of every possible character that could pull this off. zile- no, to predictable. ronald multon- arested in "top car". spritle- no way. stan- get real. the only ones i didn't try were the ones from the original series. i never would have guessed if it wern't for the trailer. well, sparky is the only one i could think of. nah. forget that idea. can't be.... can it?

speedracertng

[3]Oct 6, 2008
    ok, good. they finally put a name to the person. i don't reconize the name from the original. i'll check it out on wikipedia i guess.

StellaAlethiae

[4]Oct 8, 2008
    • level: 2
    I don't think that Damien Russ is from the original series. At least not a major player. They probably just made up a "legendary" racer. After all, while we have no idea how long it's been since Speed quit racing (assuming that he doesn't race anymore since he's been missing), it's got to be at least fifteen years, depending on Speed's age- I usually put him around 15 with X at about 17 or so...

So yeah. I'm sure in that gap of time, other "legendary" racers have raced, which would explain while the name isn't in the original series and why he could still be legendary. Heck, while Speed was racing in the original series, he could be considered legendary- and he hadn't been racing that long.

JustinDWalker

[5]Oct 11, 2008
    • level: 14
    Did it creep anybody out that Stan and Zile were in that flashback with ProfessorWinn?

speedracertng

[6]Oct 11, 2008

that wasn't zile and stan! that was captain terror and another member from the CAR AROBIC TEAM from the original. zile and stan's outfits in "comet run" were inspired by that. (it's on wikipedia, you can look it up.)

Aliyah123

[7]Dec 5, 2008
    • level: 4

Speed is 16 years old. Besides, you have to be 16 to drive. But you did I good guess. X is 17 years old.

3panda94

[8]Jan 12, 2010
    • level: 4
    That episode was great! It's one of my top 5 five favorite "Next Generation" episodes!