Speed Racer: The Next Generation Forums

Friday 7:00 PM on Nicktoons NetworksIn Season

Official Secrets of the Engine episode discussion

JustinDWalker

[1]Feb 27, 2009
    • level: 14
    Does anybody think that we'll meet Speed by the end of the episodes or that we'll meet the woman on the black screen? Also, how come Analise stole the engine component and Zile ets the blame? Also,do you really think this coponent can finish the Gasless engine?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Flashheat

[2]Mar 24, 2009
    • level: 13
    The meeting with Speed Racer Senior was a little...anticlimactic o.o...but still cool.

speedracertng

[3]Mar 25, 2009
    • level: 12
    I agree with you there, I was just getting over the "Chezco being Sparky" thing when the original Speed Racer showed up. The only thing that episode didn't have was a Speed and Lucy moment (which I was kinda hoping for)

JustinDWalker

[4]Mar 27, 2009
    I wished the Speed and Speed Jr. moment was a lot longer. Do you think we'll see Speed Sr. in a lot of episodes in season II?

speedracertng

[5]Mar 27, 2009
    I think he will appear every now and agian, but he won't dominate the show. But I have a feeling his return won't last long, he'll probley go back to the background for a majority of season 2 (that's really where he belongs in this show, he had his run 40 years ago.)

GATZ1000

[6]Apr 3, 2009
    • level: 39

Yeah Speed Sr will be there in support but the spotlight of this show is Speed Jr. It was still great to finally see Sr at the end of the episode though - predictable yes but still exciting.

speedracertng

[7]Apr 3, 2009
    I agree completly. When I first saw that ending sceene I was pointing at the TV like an idiot, sitting on the edge of the couch, holding my breath, and I don't even think I blinked for a minute after it happend. I expected Speed Sr. to show up at one point, but knowing how that show is with cliffhangers, I was halfway expecting them to end the season right as the original Speed Racer was coming out of the shandows. Boy Was I wrong.

We Will see Season 2 in late August/early September. Also known as- WAY TO LONG!!!

Avearia

[8]Apr 28, 2009
    So there IS going to be a season 2, then? That's good. Anyone know a good place to find some fanfictions to hold me over until then? There's fanfiction.net but those are mostly fanfics to the anime and the movie.