Speed Racer: The Next Generation Forums

Friday 7:00 PM on Nicktoons NetworksIn Season

Open Discussion Thread

GATZ1000

[1]Sep 12, 2008
    • level: 39

Unlike my last couple of sticky threads this is an open discussion one, in which you are all free to comment / respond till your hearts content. Since thier will be offical discussion threads on the episodes seperatly this is more of a place to discuss the show as a whole.

Also, any comments you want to make towards me, questions, or any ideas, opinions, or anything else you can post them here. Unless you are shy and want to remain annonymous you can send me a private message instead.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

evilcartman42

[2]Sep 12, 2008
    • level: 5
    Where can I find speed racer episodes? I have search youtube and Veoh.com If some one can please upload some on to you tube for me I am a little behind in the series and I want to catch up as soon as possible.!!

speedracertng

[3]Sep 16, 2008
    • level: 12
    evilcartman42 wrote:
    Where can I find speed racer episodes? I have search youtube and Veoh.com If some one can please upload some on to you tube for me I am a little behind in the series and I want to catch up as soon as possible.!!

well, since this is a bigger show (produced by a bigger company) it has more contracts and stuff like that. i think one of the deals was "no online viewing" or something like it. unlike other shows made by Animation Colective, (the company that makes it) this one has sevral legal things to tie in with. i don't know exactly what, but i know online veiwing is out of the question for right now. plus it's still in it's first season. Kappa Mikey didn't get video clips on youtube until it was in it's second season. (kappa mikey is made by the same person) but what do i know?

StellaAlethiae

[4]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 2
    I'm dying to watch the show too. However I think that also the show's popularity has something to do with it... Most Speed Racer fans don't like this show. Not sure why, but I think the general feeling is that it doesn't have enough ties to the original series, and it's just kind of a copy. And I agree- I'd love to find out more about the Racer family and what happened.

But as for people uploading it: I only upload shows I like. If I were in the US and had Nicktoons and a DVDR, I'd definitely upload it myself. But I don't and most uploaders that I know don't watch the show. So why would they bother uploading it? This is of course referring to Youtube and torrents.

That is interesting that it's supposedly supposed to be kept off the internet. I've been wondering why it hasn't shown up on iTunes or something yet... I really wish this weren't the case, but I can understand it, since the Speed Racer franchise is pretty old and has a lot of various series (original, Y2K, the series from the 90s, this, along with the live-action movie and I think there was even an internet movie once). It's a lot to keep track of, and a lot of rights to worry about. Maybe eventually they'll release a full season DVD, whenever the season ends, or they'll continue releasing the three-part episodes as separate DVDs.

Zuzu994

[5]Oct 9, 2008
    • level: 4
    'm working on the upload thing...I just need to get my computer to agree with me!!

KingofSpades209

[7]May 31, 2009
    • level: 11
    Is there going to be a season 2? or is this show over?

speedracertng

[8]Jun 2, 2009
    Theres going to be a season 2, don't worry about that.

For example: in the last episode, Zile said he'd destroy speed, right then, but he didn't do anything.

What about the committee? nothing ever happend to Zile or Annalise.

Avearia

[9]Jun 3, 2009
    • level: 14
    Sometimes shows set up for a next season but don't get the show renewed. I'm not sure that Speed Racer Next Gen is popular enough for it to be renewed but... I can't really be sure. The only way you can be sure is if they SAY there is going to be a new season--has anyone heard that yet?

speedracertng

[10]Jun 6, 2009
    The show is popular; it was #1 on NN before it's season finale, and I've heard talk from verious sources saying that there is a season 2, but for now I'm not exactly sure.

bobpants

[11]May 20, 2010
    • level: 3

I saw that this show will air back on nicktoons on May 26th on wikipedia, but I can't find this information about the air date on any other website. Can someone confirm this date? Also wikipedia doesn't give out any information about what time this show will come on, so could someone confirm that also for me. Thanks