Speed Racer: The Next Generation Forums

Friday 7:00 PM on Nicktoons NetworksIn Season

Submission Guidelines

GATZ1000

[1]Sep 8, 2008
    • level: 39

Their has been a little confusion to how the formatting should be when regarding the different fields that consist in the episode and show level. Going over the queue I noticed that many had great concepts but the formatting wasn't quite right so hopefully this will shine some light on the matter. Below is some requirements on what to do and what not to do and definitions of what it all means. Any questions let me know in a private message, not in the forum. Also, any thing in is my additions.

Copy / Paste Material

Do not accept or post material from other sites. If any sentence of any submission can be found at another site when using a search engine, it should not be accepted or posted.

Editor Queue

Editors must process their queue(s) in a prompt manner for the benefit of all contributors. For popular shows the editor should check their queue at least every 3 days. Otherwise they should check their queue at least every 7 days. These are general guidelines--in general no show-queue should have 50+ submissions in it for more than a day. Not following the above guidelines may give staff reason to believe an editor is MIA.

Source

A reliable source is needed for any submissions besides basic trivia concepts and quotes. If you are adding an allusion, episode summary, new episodes, airdates, notes, or anything else then a source is needed. Wikipedia, IMBD, and TVrage.com are not acceptable as credible sources and will result in rejection of your submissions, even if its right. Your are all warned.

Show Quotes

All show quotes (and quotes leading off an Allusion, see #10 below) must have the name of the speaker(s) bolded using HTML start and end tags. The name is then followed by a colon, which is not bolded. The dialogue itself should not have quotation marks around it. There should be no spacing between different speakers' lines in the same quotation, or extra spacing after the last line of a quotation. Action/context/background description should be in parentheses (or brackets) and italics.

How to Submit Proper Quotes

Please do NOT use any quotation marks.
    Please do not use paragraph or break tags.
    Please put html tags for italics around any "action" and outside the parentheses (as shown above) using italics tags.
    Please put the colon AFTER of the closing bold tag.

Example: John: (Complaining about chores) Why do I have to take out the trash
    Daisy: Because I told you to.
    John: OH MANNN!!!

Basic HTML codes

----------------------------------------
    Trivia & Notes Debates

Trivia and Notes are not the place for debates, i.e., one entry or separate entries discussing an issue back and forth. If an entry is in error, it should be deleted, along with any additional entries saying why it is wrong. Editors may at their option include "common misconceptions as Trivia, as they are small details that viewers may not know (see #9 below). Debates should go to the show forum.

Notes

Notes are off-camera tidbits about an episode. They should contain off-camera events that deal with a show's production. They should not deal with on-camera events or trivia.

Trivia

Trivia is any small detail or goof that might not be known to people who view an episode. Trivia is attached at the episode level, not the show level. It should be specific to what aired in the episode and not deal with off-camera events, which should be submitted in the "notes" form. A car license-plate number is trivia, and a producer walking off the set is a note. (Back)

Allusions

Allusions: An allusion is an indirect or passing reference to an existing form of media, be it to another TV program, a movie, a piece of music, or a book. Allusions are prevalent in television shows, and some shows, like The Family Guy, make extensive use of this kind of humor. When submitting allusions, always credit the original media being referenced with as much detail as possible.

< There has been some confusion on how allusions should be done but is what I expect. The name / reason for the allusion should be in Bold, any dates should be italizied, then the explanation of how its an allusion..
    Ex.
    Rocky(1976)
    Buford was shown punching meat as a training regiment. This was also done by Rocky for his training. >

-----------------------

Adding a New Episode

As far as episode submissions go for shows which have not yet aired: ie. Fall Season '06, mid-season replacements early '07, Spring Season '07...

When entering a "NEW" episode, you need to have at least 2 out of the 3 following criteria PLUS an accessible URL for the source of the information you are adding (besides also entering Episode Season/Lifetime Numbers and Episode Type):

-Episode Name
    -Unique Episode Summary
    -Episode Airdate

< If you are not sure about the episode you are tryin to add let me know before you submit it and I will help you out with it >

--------------------------
    All the information above is taken from the TV.com Guidelines Center. Its a very good place for information.

Again, any questions or concerns about anything let me know in a private message and I will see what I can do. Do not use any of my threads or the forum for this, don't want to see you get into trouble.

Gatz1000(Editor)

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.