Speed Racer

The Fire Race (Part 1)

Aired Unknown Nov 11, 1967 on

• The Fire Next Time

This is one of the best episodes of "Speed Racer." this episode takes place in a country witch got a volcano and a high price for life. I saw this episode when I was a kid and I taken by this episode. The stakes are the lives of those driver including Speed and Racer X when they took the challenged of the race across the 800 mile tunnel to the other side. I like this episode, this is one of the best two part episode of the series. it os fun to watch. Watching those cars go thogh the tunnel are half the fun of Part One.
  • Cool show, love the volcano.

If your able to compare a photo of Kabala and the former New York Mayor Rudy Guiliani you would swear that they were seperated at birth. Each time I watch it I just can't get over it. I wonder if this would hurt Guiliani's chances while he is running for president. The old king was cool, I liked his outfit he looked like a "witch doctor" on acid. Speed should have let the crooks steal the treasure and just continue on with the race. But NO!! he had to stop and stick his nose, yet again , in other peoples business. He wasted most of the show tring to stop the bad guys from prying the diamonds of the wall while also tring to avoid getting covered with lava. Speed knew that he had just a limited time to finish the race but he kept stoping. And just when you think Speed and Kabala/Racer X will be sealed in the valcano, they exit just in time. It seems that Speed always wins somehow.