Spellbinder

The Nine Network (ended 1995)

walrus_8463

Spellbinder Fan Reviews (4)

7.9
  • Spellbinder was about a boy who accidentally found his way into another world and his friends who were trying to rescue him.

I tuned in every Monday to Thursday for this program when it was originally aired In Australia. I was 14 years old and taped every episode, (Which I still have today).

Spellbinder was about a boy who accidentally found his way into another world and his friends who were trying to rescue him. I was instantly hooked after the first episode; it always left you wondering what was going to happen next.

They successfully made you feel like you were looking at two different worlds through the technological differences yet blending them to show how they could still rival one another. The Land of the Spellbinders was made even more convincing throughout the arc of the entire season giving us ample opportunities to relate and understand their rules and customs to our own.

This was a fantastic children’s program for it’s time setting me up for great adult version’s such as Stargate SG-1 or Sliders.

Given the low budget this program must have been given I am convinced they did a marvelous job using rich scenery for the Spellbinder’s land to give the program a cinematic feel.

I would recommend this show to any child who would be remotely interested in the paranormal. Or for any adult who still has that little child within.