Spenser: For Hire

ABC (ended 1988)

Spenser: For Hire Fan Reviews (8)

• Read the books!

Robert B. Parker is the author of the series which is a great specimen of pulp fiction. There are nearly 40 Spenser novels. He also wrote the Jesse Stone series which shares cross over characters with Spenser.
  • Best detective series

I think Spenser for Hire ended up being a truly great series. If you ever had an interest in TV series mysteries, Spenser for Hire would be the best suggestion. I bought a good DVD copy recently and have been able to purchase this at . The DVD set was delivered in a timely manner. The packaging and quality of the set is superior and in fact, I was really impressed with this seller. Now, I'm gonna watch this great TV series during non-stop on weekends.
  • best show ever!

I think Spenser for Hire is the best classic show I've ever watched in my entire life. I do love watching this TV show during our era, it really ended up being an absolutely great show. Robert Urich played magnificently with his role as Spenser and. Avery Brooks who played as Hawk was really good in acting. . I have watched this series since the beginning because I really love the whole story. I have been looking from so many online DVD shops because I want to watch this show again. Currently, it's really hard to trust an online shopping company nowadays so I made some deep research with some of the sites selling this TV show. I saw this being sold at idvdshop dot com / Spenser_For_Hire dot html and placed my order. The DVDs were delivered so fast. Great quality and the episodes are all there. Absolutely wonderful set. I'm so happy coz I can watch this series all over again!
  • Spenser is the man!

Robert Urich formed a lot of fans by being the best and so was his role as Spenser. I'm definitely an avid fan of this TV show. Every episode is such amazing! It was also an intelligent show because Spenser has an intellectual mind. For those who haven't seen the complete episode I would like to share that I tried to purchase the whole DVD set of this show at http://www.sweetsecondlife.com/Spenser_For_Hire_dvd_Full.html , and thankfully, this company did a great job. The DVDs I received are of good quality. Additionally, the whole set comprises of complete episodes from the whole series. Now, I can just sit and relax while watching my all-time fave show! If you love mystery series, this one is definitely recommendable!
  • Come on! Release it on DVD

One of my favorite shows from childhood. Not as good as Robert B. Parker's books but a great tv show.
  • Spenser, Hawk and Susan are the Dynamic Trio!

I miss this show so much. I miss the interaction between the characters and the action of the show. I still read the novels, but miss "seeing" the action. If someone wants to produce this show again, I would be an automatic fan, especially if they bring in some of the newer characters like Sunny Randall, Spike and the "Shooters". Would be on my DVR weekly.

• This was one of the best detective shows ever!

I loved this show! How could you not love poetry-quoting detective, Spenser, and his assasin for hire/friend, Hawk. Though it was only on for a year, I caught it during it's rerun on the Lifetime channel, and it's no longer on anywhere - it remains one of my most favorite shows. Earlier this year 4 Spenser movies, that aired after the cancellation of the series, were released. Hopefully this is a sign that the entire series will soon be released on DVD.
  • The episodes are all great. I just want anyone with the episodes on tape to email me terryfoods@aol.com and I will happily but them from you.

Need to buy the complete series does anyone know where I can do this> terryfoods@aol.com. Please please please email me. I am a lifelong fan of the books and the tv shows but hate the movies in which joe montegna plays spenser and ernie hudson plays hawk. That just sucks.